[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dungeon bowl Finals. - WestGamer
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Dungeon bowl Finals.
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 am 

Sorry guys, asleep at the wheel! Where are my reminders assistant commissioners? You just can't hire reliable lackeys these days...what's that? We don't pay them? Fine... fine...

I will get finals matches up hopefully tonight. Talanis and I are teed up for the last game of the (ir)regular season tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: Dungeon bowl Finals.
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am 

It's alright you can set it so there is Dwarf on Dwarf action and your assistant Commissioner can play the Wanderers in the first round of the final to make it up.

(I have now doomed my team)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:01 pm 

Quote:
It's alright you can set it so there is Dwarf on Dwarf action and your assistant Commissioner can play the Wanderers in the first round of the final to make it up.

(I have now doomed my team)
yes u'd increased your chances of playing my team - :mrgreen: :P

As long as I dont end up playing wanderers two rounds in a row (or again) I'll be happy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 pm 

Wanderers I don't mind too much, they have become a bit of a glass cannon (still bloody powerful cannon), while the Apoc's Bane are just a true dwarf team that grinds you down.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:02 pm 

Id rather face Apoth's Bane again (having played both this season) and not because mine was the only team to beat his
(so far this season) my teams few strengths work against his experienced dwarf weaknesses
- and inducements help me with extra apoths and meat shields needed

- but in both cases I want/need to get the ball first - i dont want to have to spend the entire game trying/failing to break into a cage with an opponent thats not planning on scoring until times about up even though i've cleared the way to let him

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:59 pm 

In BRAWL time honoured tradition the draw took play via names from a hat. Completely random.

I did have to consult with the chief commissioner over tie breakers as he 2 wildcard entries went across 3 teams. I'll let the anticipation build and post up the draw... soon...
:twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:13 pm 

better the random draw out of the hat than letting bruno choose match ups - especially after his comments at work about making me face the wanderers again

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm 

Just make sure that my team and Apoc's Bane aren't written on the same piece of Paper :)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:35 pm 

OK here they are guys.

Special mention out to "Doobleg's Epic Fail" who missed out on a wildcard by 2 TD...

... but still failed ;)

Remember: All semi-finals take place in Challenge Stadium

Last edited by advanceop on Wed May 08, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm 

When does the no mercenary/star player inducement clause kick in? Is that this round of finals or next?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:32 pm 

Quote:
When does the no mercenary/star player inducement clause kick in? Is that this round of finals or next?
Semi-finals.

This is a the last round you can include Mercenaries and/or Star Players.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm 

Thanks for this Dave. Hmm going to have a tough race to the finals.

Okay its time for the picks in bold they are:
Quarters
Khorne Wanderers VS Flying Elves ; I feel sorry for Ron I honestly do.
Middenland Maniacs VS Apothecarys Bane ; I just think the dwarfs have that much edge, but Jules will keep it tight.

Master Brewer Vikings VS Greatest Capes ; The Painter vs the painted. I think the Capes will realize their master.
Froggers Finest VS Sengoku Shoguns ;being 100% honest I think Darth has this one though

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 pm 

Khorne Wanderers VS Flying Elves ; I feel sorry for Ron I honestly do.

Someone had to take it. And yeah, in the enclosed dungeon, I think Chaos will have the edge.

Middenland Maniacs VS Apothecarys Bane ; I just think the dwarfs have that much edge, but Jules will keep it tight.

That depends on how much I rough him up tomorrow :twisted:

Master Brewer Vikings VS Greatest Capes ; The Painter vs the painted. I think the Capes will realize their master.

The Mathhammer vs the painter dice hater. Should be a good match. :wink:

Froggers Finest VS Sengoku Shoguns ;being 100% honest I think Darth has this one though[/quote]

Battle of the semi-officials. Again the enclosed dungeon should make it interesting.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:10 pm 

Welcome to frog stomp 2013 hymn. Glad ur not a queenslander they know how to stomp frogs there

i cant complain about my draw. Only going to be a prob if i somehow win games as facing wanderers without a meat shield of merc/star players to protect my team will be messy.

Possibly will read :
frogs that leap
dont land well
path to finals

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am 

It's going to be close, all of your catchers have block and you are quite mobile and WTF I didn't know Slann could get Kroxigors.

No inducements, you have 2 more rerolls, although I haven't played with all 4 blitzers in a couple of games...... it's going to be close.