[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
WestGamer of Thrones - 1 Volunteer/Victim needed - Page 29 - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:54 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3134 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 pm 

Quote:
I can't say I blame him, but with the support set up the way it is Dave may have just given Baratheon the game.
Action or inaction would see either Baratheon or Greyjoy take it (and I'm still thinking the latter is more likely). Better to die on one's feet, etc. 8)
Quote:
And I, for one, welcome our new Stag-bannered overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Martell House leader, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves
And yet, I'm sure allowing even this would convice Dave that I'm playing right into your hands. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:10 pm 

It was matts master plan all along!

To stay out of the sugar caves.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 pm 

Turn 7 - 3 moves in

Greyjoy have retired from the summer seas, leaving the south firmly in Martell hands. Tyrell are still a force to be reckoned with, but are hanging on for dear life after a series of unfortunate events.

Stark are currently launching a counter attack in the north, an unwinnable assault unless Baratheon give support from their navy - which they almost certainly will do. As well as probably crushing the greyjoy offensive, this will leave the north wide open for Baratheon to seize the vital 7 castles, should they turn on the people they just assisted - which they almost certainly will do.

This is a game of thrones, after all :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:59 pm 

I figure game over this round, so may as well go out fighting rather than just roll over... I don't think rolling over would be followed up with a tummy rub and a scooby snack. More like a bone and a smacko ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:04 pm 

Done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:13 pm 

Can some one explain to me why I couldn't withdraw my troops?

I thought the castle on the card effectively meant that sole unit couldn't be destroyed?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:16 pm 

I had 2 swords to your one castle. So I killed two units, you saved one unit. One unit still had to die.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:17 pm 

A tower doesn't guarantee one unit lives. You need to think of it more like 1 tower cancels 1 sword. I had two swords so you needed two towers for it to live.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:32 pm 

MARCH AdvanceOp Stark marched out of Winterfell. -> Battle!
[Attack] 2014/03/22, 04:54: Stark is attacking Greyjoy in Moat Cailin from Winterfell with 1 knights
BATTLE doobleg Baratheon supports Stark with a fighting strength of 4.
BATTLE AdvanceOp Stark chose (1) Ser Rodrick Cassel to lead his forces.
BATTLE Runejack Greyjoy chose (3) Euron Crow's Eye to lead his forces.
BATTLE AdvanceOp Stark lost the battle and was not able to withdraw his units.
- Following units were killed: 1 Knights |

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:36 pm 

Die you filthy traitorous currs! (Unexpected move Dave! Well played!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 pm 

Quote:
A tower doesn't guarantee one unit lives. You need to think of it more like 1 tower cancels 1 sword. I had two swords so you needed two towers for it to live.
Ah.... Fair enough

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Thank Christ. Gonna have to swear off PBEM games after this, at least for a little bit... gets in my head. :|
Really?

I was actually thinking about getting a PBEM game of Diplomacy going after this. ;)
Sounds fun! Never played though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Me neither, but it falls on the list of "call yourself a gamer? How can you have not played this?!?" games - so I'm keen to give it a shot.

Some of the mechanics sound quite similar to GoT as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:53 pm 

Quote:
Me neither, but it falls on the list of "call yourself a gamer? How can you have not played this?!?" games - so I'm keen to give it a shot.

My History teacher in High School had this game on offer to play when he played that period of history. It always sounded great!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:26 pm 

Quote:

So it's completely evil and likely to make you hate your former so-called friends in short order?

Sound perfect.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3134 Next