[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Sandgroper Cup 7 Results and feedback - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:41 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 am 

Slightly disappointed that my greed and lack of dice success led to me missing out on the finals, but such is life. Though I do agree about the large timer.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:29 am 

Quote:
The spot prizes by table was announced on day one, unfortunately my table never came up. Prizes for double/triple skulls just end up going to Ratt ;)
I must have missed that announcement. No dramas.

Was there a winner for the best made up sponsor on the final score sheet? I don't recall hearing it announced.

ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:36 am 

Quote:
Slightly disappointed that my greed and lack of dice success led to me missing out on the finals, but such is life. Though I do agree about the large timer.
If you had known that the intercept touchdown I scored would cause you to miss top table then you wouldn't have thrown it. Helps not knowing the points on day 2

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:42 am 

Loved the whole weekend.
It seemed that there was more light than last year but I did spend the whole tournament on the window side of the hall.
Really happy with the goodies bag and the prizes were fantastic as always.

Completely stoked to go 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses for 5th place.
The Necromantic team seemed to have a lot of bases covered and they were great fun to play.

A BIG thanks also to all who voted for my team in the Best Painted award, much appreciated guys 8) .

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 am 

Yeah, but it doesn't matter next year if I can try again I will. Though I'm not disappointed as I did place 4th in overtime and a failed GFI meant I could recover, but I proved Jules Chaos Dwarf cage meant nothing to my dodging skills.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:31 am 

Congrats Rob on the win.

Pity I couldnt make it this year with a lot of scheduling conflicts sounds like a fun weekend was had by all

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 pm 

In other years there has been rules for the Star Player miniature made for the tournament. Are there any such rules for Lord Zaandii the Grro'Parr? I don't recall seeing them.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:31 pm 

Quote:
In other years there has been rules for the Star Player miniature made for the tournament. Are there any such rules for Lord Zaandii the Grro'Parr? I don't recall seeing them.
Not yet .... but stay tuned to this crystal ball. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Not yet .... but stay tuned to this crystal ball. 8-)
Looking forward to it. I will organise a game 1 day where i use this additional star players to see how well they perform.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:40 pm 

My love of the special miniature and turn counter are very apparent with the miniature half painted and the turn counter is finished. Both in the colours of my Chaos team Khorned Beef.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm 

My Willy miniatures Chaos team is getting cleaned and assembled ready for painting and the turn marker has joined them :)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:18 pm 

Firstly, thanks to all those involved in organising SG7, it was fun (although it did become a very long day when playing four games in one day). Like any event, it takes a lot of time and dedication to coordinate, and sometimes the effort is not appreciated - well done SG crew.

SG7 was my first SG tournament I had the opportunity to attended, in addition to playing BB again this year for the first time in over 20 years so it was fun for my team was able to have a run on the hallo astro-turf and for me to put faces to the names on this forum. I was surprised by the number of draws I had (4 out of 7) and where I finished up. I put it down to a lot of lucky dice rolls and suspect that it will be a long time before I am able to return to such lofty heights (will be fighting Ratt for the wooden spoon next year :mrgreen: ). Good so see BB is strong and healthy in WA.

Regarding feedback, here are my observations (hopefully constructive and beneficial for SG8):
* Not sure what the relevance of the table numbers were at the end of the day. They did not appear to line up to the Game Round list shown on the projector screen. Also, the numbers were randomly placed on the table so even if it was used, one unfamiliar with their opponents would be running around the place trying to find their opponent. For many who brought their own playing surface and therefore wanted to play on their own pitch, it was unlikely they were going to move.

May be worth considering either "not" using it OR have the player that is not moving from his pitch pick up the table number which correspondence to the Game Round list (when he picks up his Special Card) so it makes locating his opponent easier.

* I agree with Gunnar's post on the miscellaneous/random prizes. Maybe instead of putting them on random tables on random rounds, maybe have prizes instead for first to get most CAS for that round or coach which had the least amount of players on the field when he scores a TD, etc. It adds a bit of randomness to winning some of the wonderful prizes provided and even allows those towards the bottom of the table to get something interesting. For example, one coach may have 8 CAS in a game but not necessarily be the person who wins the Most Violent trophy. He is still noted/recognised by his peers as been a "mean" machine.

* Winning the SG cup is a major prize in itself and the bragging rights that come with it for the rest of the year.... but what about giving the Champ a bit more to be remembered by?

Was wondering how the SG special miniature is selected each year? Has any thought been given to letting the winner (or, Stunty Champ or the wooden spooner as a funny alternative) select or have input into the race/type of miniature that will feature in the following SG year? It makes the desire to be SG Champ/Other Champ a bit more alluring. For example in a different sport like Golf, the Masters Champ selects the dinner menu for the following year. In SG's case, the Champ/Other will always be remembered for years to come by the miniature he selected or had input into the design. Just a thought if it is not already the case in the current process. Was not able to check with the SG crew if that was how they came about selecting Lord Zaandii for SG7.

* Not know much about past SG tournaments, this one was good overall.
Good location,
Ample room to play - although heard several comments on more than one occasion of concern about the tables been to narrow with pitches just extending over the edge and therefore the potential to knock the pitch up & over,
Very good human microphone with Joel announcing the time left (this was a lot better for me instead of a countdown clock as I seldom look around the room during a game) and,
Very amusing atmosphere with various coaches announcing their trials and tribulations to everyone else which made the atmosphere enjoyable - in particular for Dropshot for whenever you heard his chainsaw noise, you knew someone was going to be in for a lot of hurt :lol: .

Last edited by Gosoul Vargo on Tue May 21, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 pm 

i think u will find the miniature is selected to represent one of the two faces of the logo for the tournament - it changes each year...last year there was a dark elf as the special miniature as the logo faces were a dark elf and wood elf (others will correct me if i am wrong)...the faces on the each years sandgroper is always a mystery until the official announcement...the TOs usually release a clue about what the races will be and that quickly devolves into a guessing competition among some of the coaches...

so with the faces being a secret until official launch the miniature is also a secret until then as well and a closely guarded secret protected by some weird, disturbing commissioner pact i have heard rumours about...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 am 

I quite like the surprise of what the new model will be :mrgreen: That said, I think we should consider a Chaos Dwarf or Skaven of some description :)

For SG8, really spruik the available goodies in the SG store as that should help get a bit more funding in.

Also, make a push to sell extra tournament tokens, models etc.. both before the event and during it.

I will be starting a Going the Grope thread early (if someone else doesn't do it first) and also a Groping the Pitch thread for custom pitches that people are making for it. Get interest early!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:54 am 

Um... Just going to point out... That was the first time in the six years I've been going to Sandgroper that I've been in contention for the wooden spoon. There is no way I will be in contention for it next year... And you can bank on that!

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next