[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Android: Netrunner - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:56 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Android: Netrunner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:42 am 

Hi everyone been collecting the new Netrunner game from FFG and looking for others to play against. I am NoR but can travel.

Post subject: Re: Android: Netrunner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:54 am 

Hi Ash, I know a couple of people, also NoR, myself included getting into it. I'm pretty busy at the moment but always keen. Bashed out a few games of it a couple of weeks ago vs #&@^@&^@* ? I can never remember his Westgamer tag :)

It's a great game, loved playing it back when it first come out, and love playing it even more now since I don't have to buy boxes of boosters!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 am 

What type of game is it, a collectable card game or a set from a box? I'm keen to broaden my gaming horizons outside of just tabletop gaming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am 

Cool Scott will have to organise a game or two when you have some free time.
Talanis Netrunner is an old WotC game that was made back in the late 90s but now FFG have taken the same rules, made some tweaks and turned it into a Living Card game basically it means you buy a core set then monthly expansions which give you access to all the cards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am 

The base game is as little as $33 from Defiant... I'm tempted to pick up another copy just to get doubles of some cards. The monthly packs are around $13?

The big thing about this game, is that everyone has access to everything. There's none of the usual "You have to buy 3 rares at $50 each to be competitive". For me, it's a really solid game, I prefer it over any other card games I've played and I've played nearly everything. It's the Asymmetrical Game Play that I find the most appealing.

Average game goes for about 20-30 minutes, someone plays the Hacker, another plays the Evil Corporation :) I've had games last 5 minutes, Hacker got blown up :D I've had games last longer, but in general being able to bash out a couple of games over a lunch break is awesome.

Here's a link for more information. (8.5/10 rating on BGG)

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1247 ... -netrunner

And the official website, which has some cool Videos!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... 207&esem=1

If I can manage it, I'll see if I can set up a meet and play some time soon. I know Jason would be probably be keen if he's available. 4 people would be the best then we can have 2 games going at once. I'll see what I can get sorted after the baby arrives. Which is ... soon. Really, really, really soon! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:50 pm 

I'm in!

I'm surprised at how much I like this game. I was looking to get back into deck building, but didn't want to fork out huge amounts required for Magic and this hits it spot on. With a low cost to start, everyone is on a level playing field from the get go.

More people should play it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm 

Are the new cards the same a the old ones when it was first released.

I have like 2-3 starter boxes and bucket load of booster packs sitting in a box in the shed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm 

There's a couple but not many.

Here's a link for comparisons. The core box is ridiculuously cheap for what you get already though :) 4 Different Corporation factions, 3 different hacker decks.

http://teamcovenant.com/serax/2013/02/1 ... nt-page-1/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:52 pm 

Draco2075 and I have a copy, just the base box. It's a good game. We've squeezed in 3 games so far and the Corporation has yet to win :roll: I think we have a few more games ahead of us before we get the hang of the block and bluff strategies.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 pm 

Yeah it's certainly harder for the corp to win when you first start out. I've only won a single game as corp and thas because Jason picked the action instead of the other 4 Agenda's from my hand.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 pm 

And then I stimhacked my way through 4 lots of ICE to grab a snare :(

You had 4 Agendas in your hand when I was sneaking through your archives? Wow, awesome poker face.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 pm 

Yeah haha, I remember now. I had 4 in my hand and you got one. Left me with 3 and an action card :)

I think I need to email defiant and check when they're getting some more core sets in. I feel the urge to buy a full set!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 am 

Let me know if you place an order and I'll grab an extra set too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:08 am 

I have had equal success as Corp and runner which is one of the best things about this game as both sides can win but the way you go about it is so different.

@#%$!$#%! I can be free on Monday and Wednesday nights or sometimes Saturdays as well just let me know when you want to play :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 pm 

Sounds good, but I'll be unavailable next week due to playing in a tournament this weekend.

I'll let you know for the following week.