[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Pokemafia! Town Victory! - Page 59 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:37 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 61 62 Next
 Post subject: Re: Pokemafia! Night 4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 pm 

Haha this mafia seems to have had that effect on a few people. Congratulations to town and commiserations to Mafia and apologies for the mistakes i made in this game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm 

Edit: quicktopic link deleted.

Last edited by swirly on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Well, Koffing's Smog rule certainly explains a lot of the results I've been reading from this thread over the course of the game!

Great game Adrian. Really well executed theme - I thoroughly enjoyed myself even after my day #2 epic fail. :P

Now everyone should head on over to this thread and pick up the games for realsies. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Now for all the behind the scenes goss ;)
Yeah, I'm sure there would be some interesting moments from the mafia side! Did you guys use quicktopic for this one?

Edit: Just saw Swirly's post. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:40 pm 

Great Game All.

Cheers to The Hat for running it.... all I can say is that I felt pretty rock solid after evolving...

"Mr GTST you have evolved into...

Gyados, Town

Dragon Rage: Bullet proof, successfully vote in a mafia lynch and gain lynchproof the following day"

Then as I was part of a mafia lynch today I was both bullet proof and lynchproof :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

I just finished reading the mafia quicktopic thread.

All I can say is wow - thanks a lot for the complete character assassination guys.

This has completely soured my enjoyment of the game, and mafia in general. You couldn't be more wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 pm 

Woo!

Good game.

So nic how many mafia did I trip up in the end?

I believe I caught 3 out lying :P

Just out of curiousity, what would my item have got me Adrian?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 pm 

Oh and I must thank Mafia for letting me live til the end. After day 1 I thought I might have played too town and get myself killed off as seems to be the way with games where you know lots about it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm 

You would have gotten blizzard which would let you freeze 2 people but they could still vote as opposed to 1 with no vote

Post subject: Pokemafia! Town Victory!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 pm 

Quote:
I just finished reading the mafia quicktopic thread.

All I can say is wow - thanks a lot for the complete character assassination guys.

This has completely soured my enjoyment of the game, and mafia in general. You couldn't be more wrong.
That was something we said out of frustration is all, and I apologize for saying it. I think it's a legitimate worry, for us guys who don't know what it's like on the mod side of the fence when any of the mods could have a look if they wanted to, but I don't actually think you read the mafia pm's even though I expressed concerns about the possibility of it happening. I knew that was in there when I posted the link just now, but I forgot I didn't post that I actually didn't think you knew any more than another townie, after the Drsn0 lynch, because that's how I felt and still feel about it. I meant to post that I took it all back, but mustn't have ended up doing it.

I don't have any concerns about this anymore though, even though I know I would probably have the odd sneak peak if I were able :D . I'm really sorry for anything I said in the thread that might cause offense to you. It wasn't meant to come off as offensive at all, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the link to it. I certainly have no qualms about playing mafia in a game alongside you or run by you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:46 am 

Just read a chunk of the mafia play by play.

I think my Favourite bit is dh every night wanting to kill me. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 am 

Was interesting to watch that game unfold and congrats to town. Unfortunately I targeted dh night 1 which cut short the reign of the cult.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:04 am 

I actually think the mafias comments are fair.
I don't think you cheat but you have to admit, your level of play is incredible good and you do have that power. So at some stage you have to think someone would have these concerns.
Though I think that some games aren't forum mafia they are follow malignant games.
Which I think is anti fun. No one else has a chance to bring anything to the table when your putting stuff down. Its not your fault it just comes with the record. But there are other strong players, ie Russia and mal and to a lesser extent some others as well. But they don't get cultesque followings when they step up.
Its bad though for you when your mafia because town powers to attract to you.
But in the end the game gets more fun when your dead and others get to play more than lynch whoever mal picks
The wins also more gratifying then and as mafia you don't feel hopeless because your town.

There is no way that lynch on orange goes through if anyone else suggested it.
Anyway basically its no fun steamrolling through a game because you get carried. Like a string of perfect cop results. You win but did you play?

Any who.
TL;DR
Mafia comments are fair. But don't think they are true. Having the herd sheperded to victory is boring.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 am 

Thanks Hat for running the game. A great theme with some cool custom powers.

As I said at the end of the mafia topic I'm not 100% sure Hat saw how a couple of the powers could work as investigative tools. Effectively 5 of 14 townies with investigative roles made it tough for us despite our good day 2 and you could see how the house of cards really tumbled down fast from day 4 onwards.

Still need to get better at playing scum. I had a pretty good story and then blew it with an off the cuff comment that didn't match the game state doh! Well there is always next time.

Mal - You're a victim of your own success. Try to be more human and bollocks it up more often. Your Day 2 vs Drsn0 for example. Let's see more of that :P See Aza for tips on how to decrease your strike rate :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:46 am 

I think that was a great theme, the role-madness games seem a little tricky to balance. I think the issue of the powers being used to investigate might have been balanced out by a cult if it had gained a foothold and popped up day 3 or 4

I have said far worse things in a quicktopic (not about mal specifically ;) but usually the result is that they don't get linked to.

I think the concern with mal is a combination of results and play style. Before you had targetted someone the mafia where already discussing killing you. Because you are a great player and a huge threat to them.
The play style issue shouldn't be changed its just how you play, but the tendency is that you identify a mafia and accuse them but not share why. If others can pick why good. But generally if you share less there is less to argue and they may reveal more about themselves.
Once they flip there isn't really a reason to reveal how you knew because we have a strange mafia meta where your technique could get you hung next game! These things combine to look like mal is just pointing out a mafia with no in game info day1 every game.

When really he has to if he's town or he'll get killed by either party.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 61 62 Next