[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Mafia: WAR IN THE PACIFIC - Day 6 - Town Win! - Page 34 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 pm 

Apparently mafia thought you were a bomb? Who was your axis of power.
Brayo, yourself and the hat?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Nope, it was Disembodied Head, Brayo and James Heald.

Sort of. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm 

Sure, post the "Committee for Peace in Our Time" chat thread if you like, it shows a whole different view on the game. There was more sneaky stuff going on than just about any I've seen :D

THE CAST LIST

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

THE REAL STORY - PART #1.
Quote:
Welcome to the secret channel estabilished for the Committee for Peace in our Time.

Against a backdrop of violence and suffering, several nations have bonded together to form the CPT with a goal of improving communication, coordinating actions, and bringing about a lasting peace.

May your efforts bear fruit, for all our sake. Good luck.
Quote:
sup

i'm confused but i'll role with it :)
guess we are going to need to discuss powers and such?
Quote:
Greeting fellow nations of the CPT. I am the leader of the democratic South Korea. It said secret TOWN channel so im going to assume were all town but i believe we should all do a rolecall first before we reveal any potential powers. Though if we
want to reveal powers im fine with that. It is important we don't make it too obvious to the mafia that there is a secret town party in all but the most extreme cases. The more of us that are alive late game the better.
Quote:
Just quickly to let you guys know, if I recieve food, i become a tree-stump when I die. After much deliberation i have decided to reveal my power. I am a 1-shot watcher.
Quote:
I'm Malaysia

I don't think we are town, we may be a faction with powers

I need oil and food
Quote:
It said in the pm i got that this is a secret TOWN channel. I would be suprised if there are more than 3 of us. I also have
more info to reveal. I have half of a nuclear launch code, which i can declare to use against a player that hasn't spoken
for more than 36 hours. Once i've declared im using it, if the person with the other half uses theres then the player we
targeted dies. What does the oil and food do for you Brayo?
Quote:
Hey guys - reporting in.
So should we come up with some sort of strategy, or just lynch Mal and get it over with? ;)
Quote:
Also, as president of Samoa, for some fluff related reason that I can't grasp I have a 1-shot cop. Could come in handy tonight.
Quote:
Oil gives me another cop power I have 1x atm

It says vanawatu is unclaimed is that an alias for us you thing?
Quote:
Sorry role cop it says
Quote:
Ok so clearly we want Brayo to get the oil today.

Where does it say about vanawatu?
Quote:
Agreed, Brayo for the oil. I wouldnt mind some food as well. I say we lynch Malignant or if not investigate him tonight.
Quote:
Our genral stratergy is stay low, participate in the town discussions, but we need to stay alive as long as possible for late game.
Quote:
who do we investigate?
Quote:
shall i beg for the oil then?
Quote:
Don't worry, your easily the most credible rc so far, so i've put an arguement for you, just say you need oil. Say you
dont feel comfortable about giving an unknown (me) food so it looks like were not working together and ask the last person who
rc'ed to ask me to rc. Then vote me for food :)
Quote:
Ok we don't want to split the vote, wyldcarde can have the oil for today we don't want to look suspicous for splitting the vote. Vote me for food though, we can
at least secure 1 one of the things up for grabs.
Quote:
can we post pm details here?
Quote:
Holy crap - well this is what I get for skim reading role PMs!

Turns out I don't just have 1 shot cop... I have 1 shot daytime rolecop!

I think I'm gonna use it now to suss out Mal. His country call is bogus as.
Quote:
The result is in...

This is kinda funny because Malignant often lies or hints at this as part of his strategy, but it appears that this time he is actually legitimately a bomb. :P

Suggest that we do our best to prevent him getting lynched as bomb players are pretty much always town and there's a good chance the mafia will try to take him out and kill one of their own in the process.

Given Mal and my history in this game, it's going to look really suss if I try to argue against his lynching! lol
Quote:
i have an alternate win condition if brueni is dead at the end of the game - bloody scotty.

how should we play this? i'll shift my oil to wylde and ask for the food
Quote:
Playing the waiting game... Sigh.

I think you're credibility is pretty much compromised Brayo. I'd lie low for the rest of the day if I were you and not go for any resources.
Quote:
Brayo ia malaysia, the biggest rc so far. While we are town first and this secret party second, we protect our own. Im making a push for the food, if Scotty becomes to much of a threat, we push for a lynch against him. He either needs Brayo dead or his lying, either way he's too much of a rick to keep around.
Quote:
he probably has something - i get a double vote against him if i get food

he probably gets the return against me for oil and such

should i reply? aka

what did i do to you? kick to many balls over the fence or play the stereo too loud

or just ignore?
Quote:
Crap, a lynch has started against Nic, but he is most likely town as he has the other half of the nuclear launch code. Problem is if I reveal that i have the other half of the code i could become a major taget for both the town and mafia.
Should Nic be sacrificed for the greater good. Im going in for the food.
Quote:
Ok Brayo has 1 vote against him, im not going to get back on till tommorow afternoon. If things get too bad then you can reveal that there is a secret town party but not who's in it. Only if the votes start to stack up though.
Quote:
I have half of a launch code too. I think Matt may have given it to quite a few of us in order to encourage people to take active roles in the game and not just coast along.

So, despite what I've posted in thread (gotta keep up appearances) - I actually think Mal is dead on and we should be voting to lynch thatnicguy. I'll jump on a late vote for it myself (don't want to appear eager to support my arch nemesis ;) ), but I reckon you guys should be voting to lynch thatnicguy now. It helps Brayo too.
Quote:
i also have a nuclear launch code so i think we all have it to stop non posters
Quote:
fee free to use Vanuatu as your RC guys it looks like it was meant for me so i could get brueni easier but oh well, you may as well get some use from it- all i ask is if i go then you get scotty as i will win then
Quote:
I've already RCed so it's no use to me.

I don't see any point in James lying about his country. He's not at risk or anything right now.

Anyone figured it out yet? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 pm 

You and hat got to pretend you were someone else?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

PART #2.
Quote:
Just to be clear - my last post in the thread is purely diversionary and designed to draw out the real mafia. I'll be retracting the vote on Mal before things get too serious.

Ok, so here's what I think the best play is.

Brayo or James - one of you guys needs to reveal as a mason. Say that your mason partner (who you won't identify to protect them) is a daytime role cop and has investigated Malignant today. They have discovered he has a role that pretty much proves he is town, but should definitely not be revealed. Being a mason also supports the innocence of whichever one if you declares it.

Keeping Mal alive (as much as it pains me) is really the priority today.
Quote:
ok I can do it to get some cred , I will also shift my oil to Wilde
Quote:
Nice work Brayo. I'll keep up appearances for a little longer, then we should be good.
Quote:
crap forgot to count the oil votes, I'm on phone during the day. was hoping to see who voted oil last on Wilde, now I'm stuck with it ether I retract or not
Quote:
Need you to lynch vote thatnicguy as soon as you get on James.
Quote:
DH you want me to say its role cop then?
Quote:
Yes, but be careful with that. We definitely don't want mafia knowing he's a bomb.

I would say that the role is one that is pro town only. Refuse to state what it is because you don't want to reveal it to the mafia.
Quote:
Better hurry Brayo - your chance is slipping away.
Quote:
Nic has bit the dust. We've made it through the day. Should i use watcher on Wyld or Mal tonight?
Quote:
if mafia try to milk mal they will die, I was going to check Wolfe out with role cop maybe?

Scott has something he may get a double vote against me for lynches but I should be sweet now that mal has survived,

should be able to gain the upper hand against Scotty with the credit stakes
Quote:
Good result. If the mafia tries for Mal tonight they'll explode and take another one out just leaving (if my math is correct from standard mafia set ups) 2 scum remaining in the game.

That's like an auto lose for them.
Quote:
Ok, were doing good, we've gotten through one day. Im conflicted wether i should use my watcher and on who. If the mafia is smart they will kill Wyld who is the most verified townie at the moment. If there realy smart they will kill Mal regardless of the consequences. If i do use watcher tonight i will use it on Wyld, Mal can take care of himself with the bomb :)
Quote:
the fact that mal picked up on nic gifting to wylde doesnt that make him look suss? wasnt that the whole reason for mals attack?

watching wylde is a waste i think - i could Role cop him that should net us a result

i could be a mafia target tonight with pushing the lynch on nic maybe watch me?
Quote:
James, the mafia going for Mal tonight would be awesome for us as it would basically hand us the game on a silver platter. :D

If not him, it's a fair bet they will kill Scotty to try and discredit Brayo.
Quote:
Yeah im going to watch Brayo.
Quote:
watch me

role cop wylde

duo you have any powers DH?
Quote:
Not anymore - mine was a one shot.

Sounds good guys, lock it in.
Quote:
Sigh... The waiting game. The worst part of forum mafia. :P
<Disembodied Head is killed overnight>
Quote:
D'oh! :(

@ Matt - can players with access to the committee for peace thread continue to post here after they've been killed?
Quote:
they can,

I was rule blocked James please say you watched me

you had 2 bodyguard Dh did you use it last night?
Quote:
"@ Matt - can players with access to the committee for peace thread continue to post here after they've been killed? "
No.
Quote:
Yes, i did watch you Brayo. Brooksey was the only person who targetted you. I can only make 3 posts today as my country is experiencing a food shortage. If you hadnt pushed for the food, I would have been asking for it but anyway. Just tell the others one of your fellow commitee members (want the mafia to think there is still 3 or 4 of us) is a watcher (not a 1 shot we want to make the mafia wary of targetting you again) and they saw Brooksey target you, and you were roleblocked.
Quote:
Brayo you get to choose someone to recieve an additional shipment of food. I'll post that I need the food again and i can mention that i can only post 3 times, then give the food to me, ill become a tree stump and i'll be able to help you behind the scene if i die.
Quote:
ok, but I will ask for the RCA to finish first, make sure you put it all into one post and quick

I'm going to say I also have info on the next scum and we can nail Brooksey assurer rcs
Quote:
so mafia targets are
brooksey
nurgle 71

maybewyldecard - just putting it here so you can reveal if i die tonight
Quote:
Gentlemen.

THIS is how I will confirm I am town. I am a member of the CPT. I'd you could kindly help me from being lynched I would appreciate it
:D

Next... the punchline.... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

PART #3. ("Hillarity ensures")
Quote:
Shoot, you may have left it too late. Im trying to stay quiet and Brayo is our spokesperson. We will try to save you but you may have left it too late. Brayo on anther note, if Mal is correct and he knows why Hat is innocent is it possible that he has 'ilfintrated' the CTP (unlikely but plausible) Hat are there any powers you have that would be worthy of us dedicating all effort to saving you?
Quote:
James why do you think DJ said he had rolecop but it didn't show on his death?

and how did the hat get in here, mal seams to know what we are typing, maybe not everyone chimed in to this topic or there are multiple committee going with cross members hence dh giving us bad info
Quote:
I will say this before i am lynched.

Malignant is NOT town and certainly not to be trusted. How do you think he knows so much?
<The Hat is lynched>
Quote:
i have investigated nurgle71
Quote:
Well done guys - you nailed the traitor in our midst. ;)

You may be wondering "why is DH posting? - Isn't he dead?"

Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now - I'm not actually Disembodied Head. This is actually...
Quote:
Me. ;)

So, now that the Hat is dead and Matt has confirmed that dead men can't post in the quicktopic thread, I'll take the opportunity to explain what exactly has been going on. Big post incoming.
Quote:
Wtf?

Next... questions answered!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm 

Great game Matt by the way.

Funny how you went the other extreme from last rogue states.

From 1 power to almost unlimited powers. Mafia definately were in a big hole from the start.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

PART #4. ("Motives revealed")
Quote:
Ok, so first and foremost - apologies for the earlier deception, but I had my reasons. A neat little trick that I learned from a previous game was that you can quite easily sign up to quicktopic threads with a different username, and unless the rules for the mafia game in question prohibit it - there's absolutely nothing stopping you from posing as someone else. ;)

So why did I bother?

A couple of reasons. When the role PMs were sent out and the info was included in there about the Committee for Peace secret channel, something seemed a bit fishy to me. With resources as well as lynches being voted on in this game, the ability to coordinate a vote is HUGE, and so anyone with a mason power would have a massive advantage (as would the mafia themselves). Also - a 16 player game isn't massive in the scheme of things. So when I realised that we potentially had a mason group of not only 2 but potentially 3 or more members - my suspicions were aroused. The fact that in the role PMs we weren't actually told who was in the group was another clue.

I suspected that for game balance reasons, Matt had actually handed us a "poisoned chalice". A secret channel that supposedly handed us townies a huge advantage - but actually didn't. So I decided to use a bit of subterfuge and not reveal who I really was until I could work out for sure what the deal was. At first I actually suspected James of really being mafia (and possibly reporting back to his buddies in another thread), but as soon as the Hat indicated that he was able to communicate with others outside of the game thread, and then he posted here - I pretty much knew instantly that he was the scum we were seeking. There is just NO WAY an actual town player would wait until near the end of day 2 to start posting in a hidden thread like this. It just screamed "mafia infiltrator" to me, and it turns out I was right.
Quote:
Given this suspicion I had about the Committee for Peace thread being compromised - it also gave me an ideal opportunity to post stuff that (if I was right), would be picked up by the mafia and feed them misinformation. The whole 1 shot role cop thing showing me as a bomb was a complete ruse and designed to get you guys to help keep me alive without giving the game away, but also to protect me from night kills if there did happen to be a mafia player in here. Given that I wasn't killed instantly on night 1 (and the real disembodied head doesn't have a habit of caring whether I live or die in these games and therefore I considered - unlikely to have prevented a kill on me with bodyguard) I would say that it probably worked.

That said - I reckon that now that brayo potentially drew their attention to the little clue about DH not actually showing "Rolecop" as an ability on his death post - there's a pretty good chance that the mafia will take a stab at me tonight. If they're clever - they will have worked out by now that I'm not actually a bomb. ;)
Quote:
So just in case I am hit, I'll give you guys (who I am now certain are both town) as much useful info as I can.

Firstly, I'm actually a Tracker. I didn't track anyone on night 1 (too risky - I may have been seen), but tonight I'm tracking Brookesy. He and Aza were making a pretty convoluted argument against Nurgle71 yesterday (who reads as town to me), so I figure there may be a chance that one of both or them is mafia trying to throw town off the track with a sacrificial lamb.

Top mafia suspects for me right now are:

- Brookesy (pending tonight's result)
- Aza
- Aenur (pretty much always a suspect - lol)
- wyldcarde
- Malakii

People who I am fairly sure are town:
- Sensual Lettuce
- Scotty Wazza
- drsn0
- Nurgle71 (but is only likely to be town if either Brookesy or Aza isn't)
- and both of you.

Khorgor I'm really not sure about.

Hopefully that gives you something to work with if I don't last the night.
Quote:
Also - if I can obtain uranium I'll get a 1 shot cop. (making spy satellites)
Quote:
Brooksey role blocked me night one so he is confirmed mafia I think

so secret channel people are
Dh
mal
James
Brayo
Quote:
No, DH was never in here. It was me the whole time. ;)
Quote:
you're a jerk
Quote:
Yeah, I guess I deserve that. :P
Quote:
crafty though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And that's pretty much most of it. The rest is standard stuff with Brayo, James and myself putting our heads together to try and hunt down the remaining scum. Was pretty freaking hillarious up until this point though. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

And yeah - congrats on a great game Matt. Really enjoyed this one and got to play pretty much my favourite role. :mrgreen:

Would love to know what went on behind the mafia curtain.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:51 pm 

Your favorite game of see how many untruths you can cram into not getting lynched and winning the game?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Well, my favourite role is generally to be vanilla town (which I was close enough to in this game) and to then make my own fun without needing to use actual powers.

But your take on it is good too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm 

:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:06 am 

At least one of the Disembodied Heads had a good game :lol:

It is scary to see how much of an open book my play is to Mal. He even predicted my actions bang on.

I bodyguarded Wylde Night 1. Waste of time as he would have commuted after getting the oil...sigh. Figured there was no way the scum would visit Mal night one. Dude is a seriously high traffic area.

Well played Mal, Brayo and James

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 am 

Quote:
Great game Matt by the way.
Funny how you went the other extreme from last rogue states.
From 1 power to almost unlimited powers. Mafia definately were in a big hole from the start.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Originally it was going to be similar to the original Rogue States game, with powers being voted on but only 1 permanent Watcher to keep an eye on them, but then I decided that since we've not had a lot of mafia recently it might raise people's enthusiasm if they were given a far more complicated game with more to go on than just role calls, more to vote on than lynches, more reasons to plot, more reasons to form temporary alliances for resource votes and basically a lot more to do!

From a Mod's point of view, surprises included
[] Disembodied Head popping up in the secret channel (I knew Mal would do something sneaky, but had to check I hadn't sent DH the wrong role pm lol)
[] Nobody getting nuked for not posting
[] Khorgor getting but not using a lie detector power
[] Malignant finally getting 1x Cop (the only cop in the game) and using it on someone who had declared themselves Miller (whoops!)
[] Nobody chasing Khorgor for declaring Miller -- or Sensual Lettuce for chirping up with "I'm a Miller and so's my Wife!"
[] Aza not declaring himself to have a very provable Double Voter Townie power (did nobody notice 2 days didn't have a high enough vote count?)
[] Rivals Scotty and Brayo both giving their real country names when they had both been given a fake claim
[] Aenur choosing Brayo for the recipient of his Invention (he correctly picked a Townie, but would have been cool if Braho had got to use it though lol!)

But the biggest surprise was Malignant surviving Day 1. If you want to know how close it was, all it would have taken the MAFIA to join the vote and he would have been lynched.

It was so obviously going to happen I even made the Night 1 graphic commemorating President Malignant's Death!!! :D
Lol we should play more Mafia :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next