[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The Simpsons "Mini" Mafia II - Mafia Win - Page 11 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:28 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1315 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 pm 

Day 3

Dead / Wyldcarde / Troy McLure / Vanilla / Town

"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember from (insert your own memory)..."

9 Players Remain.

5 Votes Required for a Lynch.

DEADLINE : 8PM Thursday

(Players are free to talk)

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:53 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 pm 

...and the room went silent.

I think there is a huge fear of sticking your neck out in this game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:05 pm 

I'd say the Mafia have more reason to be worried, since they made their first obvious mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:27 pm 

Quote:
I'd say the Mafia have more reason to be worried, since they made their first obvious mistake.
These kind of comments just seem like a massive stall while everyone waits with baited breath.

No offence but you seem slightly off matt, reading back your posts don't seem to say a lot? You re-post what people have posted and when?

It seems like you tried to stop a mis-lynch on polar but something definately seems off compared to your normal style.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 pm 

If there's a competition for posts that don't say a lot, I can't hope for better than a runners-up position :D

But in case anyone is waiting with baited breath, no I don't plan to say why hitting Wyldecard was a mistake, you can probably work it out for yourself. Its not a bad thing if Mafia are a little nervous in the meantime.
So what do people think of yesterday's vote?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 am 

So heres what i have noticed; yesterday after the point at which there were too many votes on polar to seriously consider lynching anyone else MSL posts a bunch of explanations of why half the game looks bad if polar flips town. This seems to me like a smart play if hes mafia since polar was going to get lynched anyway (we werent going to let a no lynch go through again) and he sets up suspicion on a whole bunch of people.

My mind hasnt changed
vote: Matt Shadowlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 am 

Yeah I think we're getting played.

1. MSL - Kirk van houten
2. Malakii-disco stu
3. Thatnicguy - Hans moleman 
4. SL - britney brockman 
5. Blindwitness - Herbert Powell 
6. Centurions - Rod Flanders  
7. Orange – Surly 
8. The Hat - apu
9. James Heald - Barney gumble

4. Aenur - DEAD VENGEFUL
7. Polar –DEAD JACK OF ALL
10. Wyld - DEAD VANILLA

Matt pointed out that the day 1 no lynch changes the dynamic, if we where to lynch wrong today and mafia kill tonight then we still have a day.

I think he's playing cautiously and stalling out to that end.

Vote: matt shadowlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:49 am 

Quote:
if we where to lynch wrong today and mafia kill tonight then we still have a day.
Do you have ANY idea how much of a mafia tell the 'vote now, we can get it wrong and still have a day' post is?
Talk about a red flag.
Quote:
MSL posts a bunch of explanations of why half the game looks bad if polar flips town.
We know not all the people who voted for Polar are Mafia, but at least one or two must be. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mafia didn't vote for Polar. So which half? Any of them stand out as obviously falsely accused, or do any of the reasons look valid?

As for why hitting Wyldecard was a mistake, it's because he was too good a target. I'd already said he was playing a Town game, a number of players were starting to trust him, and Mafia likely thought they'd not get a lynch off on him.
So he was one of the most likely players to be hit and the most likely to be watched.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 am 

Quote:
MSL posts a bunch of explanations of why half the game looks bad if polar flips town.
I looked it up. It actually posted an explanation of why one person would look bad and two would look good if Polar flipped town, so not exactly a blanket indictment.
I'll now add one more good and two neutrals to that list and post it later, but would like to give other people a chance to say something first.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 am 

Quote:
I looked it up. It actually posted an explanation of why one person would look bad and two would look good if Polar flipped town, so not exactly a blanket indictment.
Quote:
If polar turns out to be town, this makes SL look bad.
Quote:
James Heald ... Looks bad if Polar flips town.
i did misread this one tho which says the opposite
Quote:
8. Centurions ... Looks bad if Polar flips Mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 am 

Matt--should i be reading anything into the fact I know you've been mafia before (as does The Hat) but are pretending you haven't been?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am 

Quote:
Matt--should i be reading anything into the fact I know you've been mafia before (as does The Hat) but are pretending you haven't been?
Nope, because I haven't; I rebutted that crazy argument that 'Matt's not been Mafia before so the odds are against it'. Look it up.

If you look closer, it was actually a really weak statement, like a straw man argument set up to get someone else to argue with it. See what I mean?
Quote:
Quote:
As meta as it is I like a vote on MSL, he has never been mafia.. The odds that he finally is are huge and he had been very quiet (yes with an excuse)
Lol Nic it's random; you're as likely to flip heads or tails after ten tails in a row as you are after one of each. I don't mind the fact you don't want to vote me out of the Simpsons, but try find a better reason than that :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 am 

Quote:

IMHO, who looks good after Polar flipped town:

8. Centurions - Rod Flanders (7th)
Voted against Wylde after several others voted Polar in a row. Looks bad if Polar flips Mafia. (therefor looks good if Polar flips Town)

1. Me; I posted both sides of the argument, but with the conclusion that he was less likely to be Mafia. For a concrete action, got the vote to pause on Sunday at -1 from lynch so we could have more time to discuss/investigate and hopefully have a second target.
(BTW 'splitting votes' away from someone is only really good as an accusation when the dead guy doesn't turn out to be town, lol)

Neutral:

3. Thatnicguy - Hans moleman (2nd)
Day 2 “Polar is probably my number one pick, a no lynch vote is a big red flag.”

He voted the wrong way, but at least that's a legitimate reason. 5th of 7th votes

Blind Witness - He didn't vote for Polar, so was the solo vote vs me all yesterday. Appears to be maintaining either tunnelvision or selective scumhunting; find out which at the end of the game :D
"Tell 43 Selective scumhunting - This is the exact same thing as tunnelvision, but tunnelvision refers to stupid townies. Selective scumhunting, on the other hand, is a scumtell."

Looks Bad:

5. Sensual Lettuce - britney brockman (8th)
“Who I think would be the best lead is wyldcarde not only did he drag out his rc but failed to remember the game was on lol.”
Voted Wylde, later unvoted. “Lets say your telling the truth and its one of the others then with 1.5 hrs to go its looking like a no lynch for town. Now I'm not 100% against this but I'm defiantly not in its favour.”
Town rarely want no-vote, but assuming Wylde is Town then if SL was Mafia he would have been more likely to want a townie lynched for a double result. At that stage it was:
Polar - 4 Votes
Wyldcarde - 4 Votes
Orange - 2 Votes
The Hat - 1 Vote
He then changed his vote to Polar. “Voting for a no lynch? No ways” – If polar turns out to be town, this makes SL look bad.

Looks Worst:

12. James Heald – Barney Gumble (11th)
Voted Orange. “ive only seen surly appear in a couple of episodes at most for more than 5 seconds.”
2nd last vote after the votes against Polar slowed down “I didn't vote for him yesterday, because I don't believe in lynching people based on RC unless its really obscure or a double up. However Polars posts have become more and more suspicious and with that:
Vote Polar”
-Looks bad if Polar flips town
Quote:
I didn't vote for him yesterday, because I don't believe in lynching people based on RC unless its really obscure or a double up. However Polars posts have become more and more suspicious and with that:
Vote Polar
Which of his posts became more and more suspicious? I'd had the opposite view after what he wrote, so please enlighten us :D

And if you want my top suspect list, it's Blindwitness OR ThatNicguy (seems unlikely two mafia would try kick a bandwagon off together like that), James (restarting a paused vote vs what turned out to be a Townie... although it's not atypical for him ;)).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am 

Fair enough, I didn't see the bit saying you'd been mafia before, only that suspecting you because you hadn't been mafia was a bad idea. If that was there, I apologise.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1315 Next