[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Halloween mission and intro game on 6th Novemember - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am 

What started as a night of games descended into a fight for survival when our 6 Survivors decided to leave their safe building and try and find some rations. . . in Gambitown

Last night Sensual Lettuce ThatNicGuy and I decided to break open the shrink wrap on my copy of Zombicide and run through mission 1.

The game is incredibly easy to pick up and play. While the game does not need anyone to ‘play’ the zombies, I did and read through the rules as fast as possible while playing.

The 6 survivors had to ransack the building by ‘searching’ them to locate Water, Rice and Canned Food. There were also 5 objectives through Gambitown that they had to collect . . . .cooperate or separate???

Here you can see the basic layout and the survivors (coloured minis) taking a nice stroll with only 4 Zombies on the table . . . . . the more zombies the survivors kill, the better the survivors become, the MOAR zombies appear.

Wanda tried in vain to hold off the onslaught . . . . but it was enough for Josh to get through the lines with the prizes in hand!!

Phil and Ned form a last stand to lure the zombies away from Josh. . . .

But it was not enough . . as the 'Runners get an extra turn' card flipped. . . .RIP Ned and Phil

I will be running demos of Zombicide at Tactics at lunch during Halloween.

Last edited by Gambit on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 am 

if you wish to head down to Tactics during the business week - Monday to Friday for a demo of Zombicide, during the last week of October, please let me know in this thread

Simmo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 am 

Haha this game has such an intense feel to it as it really feels like a zombie movie, and your pictures capture that really well. That orange guy I believe has slippery which is an awesome skill :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am 

Quote:
Haha this game has such an intense feel to it as it really feels like a zombie movie, and your pictures capture that really well. That orange guy I believe has slippery which is an awesome skill :)
Josh i think is the orange guys name and he does have Slippery so he was perfect to carry all the loot through Zombie lines

the three of us were amazed that we were able to open the box, pop out the counters and play a full game

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am 

We where referring to josh as slippery by the end :D

Game was a blast, so horrifying :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 pm 

This game is unbelievably awesome. We thought we had it all suss with Doug duel wielding crowbars and double smashing zombies keeping the exit clear.... Then we found out theres zombies get an extra turn card :0 bye bye Doug. That's when it all started snowballing lol.

Pro tips for zombie survival

1. Never leave the group
2. Nics decision making at a critical point of survival is probably not going to benefit the living :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 pm 

Locating chainsaws and dual wielding uzis makes for much easier zombie survival (and smashing)
Not to mention when you can start driving cars!

But yes the extra turn cards are literally the killer.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 pm 

Quote:
if you wish to head down to Tactics during the business week - Monday to Friday for a demo of Zombicide, during the last week of October, please let me know in this thread
Count me in for this!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 pm 

Yay!! Zombie fodder!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 pm 

Yeah dependant on the day I would be keen.... Sad that I missed this kickstarter :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:31 pm 

Quote:
Yeah dependant on the day I would be keen.... Sad that I missed this kickstarter :(
I plan on running the demo days over a couple of sessions so you will be fine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 pm 

Looks awesome. And that is a cr*p load of Zombies!
Hope to be around for a game but I think work and exams have me smashed end of the month.... :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 am 

Quote:
Looks awesome. And that is a cr*p load of Zombies!
Hope to be around for a game but I think work and exams have me smashed end of the month.... :(
Everyone has time to be eaten by zombies!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:42 pm 

Played this same scenario with my group...didn't end too well for us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 pm 

Yeah I've played it twice now. Once with 4 players and it got to red really quick and we got overwhelmed by zombies. Then in the second game with 6 players we managed to keep the zombie numbers under control and opened Most of the doors while it was in blue. We basically managed to share out the kills and I think we only managed to get to yellow by the end, and as such romped it in.

The difference between 4 and 6 characters is just huge, as with 6 it makes it so much easier to manage the danger level but keep getting things done. With 4 players you just seem to hit higher danger levels way too fast. Definately awesome tho.

I'm going to have a crack At the campaign with a mate early next week. Should be awesome.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3