[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
WARMAHORDES MAFIA - GAME OVER - TOWN & SURVIVOR WIN! - Page 78 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:06 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1192 posts ]  Go to page Previous 176 77 78 79 80 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 am 

Would have been nice to see who Gambit "watched" though.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:21 am 

Meh.. Hopefully this will be the end of the game anyway :P

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:32 am 

hopefully

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:35 am 

Is that enough votes? If not Just in case

Vote darthproph

For arguments sake if darthproph flips up what he claims then I really think Obie is the next target. After that last comment he likely is gorshade not kaya. Plus he's been following Russia's dying advice "just keep quiet and let town lynch themselves".

I really don't want to go over the whole aza town thing again but a couple of things
A. He's not town he's survivor
B. He's paired with his twin sister and they share fluff together
C. He has been behaving in towns favour which leans me towards not lynching him.

The only survivor that should die is wyldcarde :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 am 

DEAD
[/b][/color]
DEAD - DarthProph - Goreshade the Bastard/APOTHEOSIS/Goreshade the Cursed: Traitor: Roleblocker: Mafia

Traitor: The traitor starts the game aware who the mafia is, but cannot talk to them. The mafia knows the traitor exists but not their true identity. In the event that the godfather dies, the traitor reveals themselves to the mafia and may speak to them. The traitor has the same win condition as the rest of the mafia

TOWN WINS!
[/b]
SURVIVOR WINS!

The town erupts into celebration as the last conspirator is strung up. The forces of Everblight have been blunted, and Goreshade’s plot has been unravelled. Deneghra slips off into the shadows, content that Everblight has been left exposed. It was a win-win situation for her—either Everblight is drawn into the open, or he distracts the people of Immoren long enough for her Lord’s work to be carried out elsewhere.
Meanwhile, the town eye each other warily. Their alliance had been successful, but much bitterness still remains. Each makes excuse to head back to their camps, already plotting and scheming for ways to use everything they’ve learned in the ongoing wars of Immoren.
[/color]
Dramatis Personae

1. Aza: War Witch Deneghra/APOTHEOSIS (after self saved used, mason activated)/Wraithwitch Deneghra: Activated Mason: 1x self-save (hidden): Survivor (wins if alive when game ends)
2. DarthProph - DEAD - Goreshade the Bastard/APOTHEOSIS (traitor may speak to remaining mafia after godfather dies)/Goreshade the Cursed: Traitor: Roleblocker: Mafia
3. James Heald: Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist: Jailkeeper: Town
4. thatnicguy - DEAD - Krueger, the Storm Lord: Paranoid Cop: Town
5. paulfrank - DEAD - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator: Voyeur: Town
6. Gambit: Lieutenant Allister Caine: Watcher: Town
7. swirly: Grand Exemplar Kreoss: Vanilla: Town
8. Malignant - DEAD - Dr. Arkadius: Janitor (3x shot): Mafia
9. Khorgor: Zevanna Agha, Old Witch of Khador: 1x shot lie detector: Town
10. Polar - DEAD - Harbinger of Menoth: Faith Healer: Town
11. blindwitness: Durgen Madhammer: Vanilla: Town
12. wyldcarde - DEAD - Thagrosh, the Messiah: Godfather: Mafia
13. Centurions - DEAD - Vayl, Consul of Everblight: Vanilla Mafia
14. vorag: Archdomina Makeda: Miller: 1x self save (hidden): Town
15. Rez - DEAD - Professor Viktor Pendrake: Cop: Town
16. Sensual_Lettuce: The Butcher of Khardov: Vengeful: Town
17. one second of insanity: Captain Victoria Haley: 3x shot commuter: Activated mason (Aza killed, or attempted kill on OSOI whilst commuting): Town
18. Obeisance: Kaya the Wildborn: Vanilla: Town
19. Bethbot - DEAD - High Executioner Servath Reznik - Vanilla Town
20. Bokke66: Grim Angus: Tracker: Town
21. Marked by the Gods: Contance Blaize, Knight of the Prophet: Vanilla: Town
22. drsn0 - DEAD - Eiryss, Angel of the Retribution - Serial Killer
23. Nurgle71 - DEAD - Calaban, the Grave Walker - Vanilla Mafia
24. Russia - DEAD - Totem Hunter: Ninja: Mafia

I will put up my notes shortly. But bad luck mafia, and well done town (and a very lucky survivor) :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 am 

Well my plan worked, i came off as an idiot who claimed too early which meant i was able to see who would try to start a lynch on me and reference it for jailkeeping later, sometimes acting like an idiot has its advantages :wink:

Oh and 4 out of ten saves by me, immoren can sleep knowing that none cross the path of Gorman Di Wulfe :)

And i wasnt the bomb the mafia couldnt take the chance i was bluffing so that worked too.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 am 

I had a self save? Cool! I guess we pretty much owe this win to James Heald :P I actually didn't think he would be a bomb, as that would be a bit overpowered (jail keeper and bomb) but it was a good move by him to claim bomb status early, and I tried to talk it up to keep him safe.
I was quite quite confused about Aza, early on I thought he was mafia for sure, as Maelok seemed a weak role call. Turns out I was right about that though :P before he revealed his mason status, it seemed weird, as although his rc was likely bogus (I thought at the time), he seemed to act in a pro town way (I believe he was the first to vote for Russia, when we were all going for Khorgor). Anyway, well done surviving!
Hilarious how Nurgle rc'd his actual role :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:32 am 

Great game Orange, well done

I look forward to playing in WMH Mafia MKII :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 am 

Design notes:
The first thing I wanted was Haley and Deneghra in there as masons. Their relationship is one of my favourite parts of the fluff. I didn’t want a town-mafia mason thing going, so this is the main reason that Legion are the mafia. So Deneghra becomes a survivor. And both Haley and Denny are in their p forms. Once either Denny dies (thus becoming Wraithwitch) or an attempt is made on Haley when she’s commuting, they can start talking. Just like after Denny started talking to Haley after they both almost died.

I wanted to mix up the mafia, but having a Skorne or Cryx openly in there didn’t make sense. But stocking it with minions works well, though given there are a few mercs in the game, I hoped a mafia member would RC with their real name and hope it wasn’t lynch-worthy.

Skorne only got a miller—my theory being at least Makeda’s honourable, even if no-one is likely to trust her.

Goreshade is another of my favourites from the fluff, and given he’s got his own goals and will do whatever it takes to achieve them, working as a traitor fit well. Being able to speak to the mafia in the event of Thagrosh’s death is a ‘what-if’ situation that I liked. I could imagine Vayl finding someone else to work with, and the minions do whatever works for them.

I gave the mafia Madrak, Vlad and Baldur as safe claims. Each of them has gone missing at one point or another, so my idea is that they’re less likely to be missed by their allies.

I tried to make as many of the players from the Khador conflict—so Caine, Kreoss, Reznik, Legion, Goreshade... but quite a few big names missing. Stryker, most of Cryx, Sorcha... From other games I’ve been in or watched it’s good to have a few less-common ones in there.

Got in crowd favourites Gorman, Reinholdt (though I feel sorry for paulfrank for getting it, I could see it being tough) and Eiryss. Eiryss as serial killer was about my second idea for the game after Haley/Denny. Though Blaize was my random new one to throw in, and I hoped it wouldn’t be too tough for Marked.

Paranoid, overzealous, power-hungry Krueger seemed perfect as a paranoid cop, and Viktor Pendrake as someone who could move easily almost anywhere in Immoren seemed a perfect straight cop.

I purposely made it hard for name clashes to occur. Personally I don’t like them as a way of nabbing mafia—it’s far too easy. So I gave them janitor and some fake names, as well as the names of minions that could have been town or mafia. It is much more interesting watching people use logic and instinct to nail mafia, with help here or there from power roles.

In the wash up, there may have been too many power roles, but I'm not sure. If Russia hadn't been locked up for the first two nights, things may have panned out very differently. Or if one of the quieter players had ended up with the ninja role, again it could have been vastly different as most of the power roles would have been useless. And as it turned out, aside from the cop, most of the other power roles achieved little apart from getting Polar lynched. If the mafia had been working as a team, Gambit wouldn't have seen Nurgle target Rez (as darth was supposed to block him, but chose to block someone else) and that wouldn't have come about.

Anyway... I hope you all enjoyed it. It wasn't as close as I would have hoped, but it was very fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:46 am 

That was great, I was pleased to figure out paranoid cop. Could see that playing out badly if I had been stupid! I reveal I am cop with a guilty, Rez might have called me out as lying and revealed himself, or my target gets lynched and flips innocent and then i would have been lynched :)

Keen to hear what happened with mafia, with Mal and Russia there would have been some interesting planning :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 am 

Quote:
Keen to hear what happened with mafia, with Mal and Russia there would have been some interesting planning :)
One of their biggest problems would have been that having so many of them be "high profile players" (Malignant, Russia and Wyldcarde) means that quite a few of them would be under higher scrutiny from the get go than players that aren't as dominant/present in-game.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 am 

Yes the mafia never really got off the ground. I understand why MattSL created a fake account a lot more now...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 am 

My first few nights of watching got nothing, so was quiet and therefore a suspect.

Then polar targeted a RC that turned up did I went woohoo I'm helping. Oh wait polar was town.

The last two nights I watched James as he was kicking goals.

Mafias need to kill powers way quicker. Bokke and I had proven powers rather early but were never targeted. Even killing James early would have confused town

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 am 

BTW hats off to Rez, the mafia still had a chance to come back but he cut our suspect list right down.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:58 am 

Cant believe i lived..... just....

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1192 posts ]  Go to page Previous 176 77 78 79 80 Next