[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Mass Effect Mini Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win - Page 23 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:31 am 

An enjoyable game, a little frustrating when Matt decided I was not telling the ttruth but the timings on this game really screwed with me until mid to late game. I learnt a bit about Mass Effect too.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 am 

Quote:
Excellent game. Fantastic Theme. Enjoyable.

Glad to have participated, not protecting any allies was....(deep breath) disappointing.

congratulations to Blindwitness. Would have made an excellent STG member had you been Salarian. Conflict of race- problematic.

Reminder. Need to work on cross racial bio weapons for future Mafia engagements.

The Hat as Mordin Solus? Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong. :mrgreen:
You as Mordin was awesome, kudos for staying in theme the whole time. Made it fun to read your posts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 am 

Was it true that drsn0 had the cannot lie posting restriction?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 am 

I would say so. Samara is a Justicar, she has a strict moral code she has to live by - and not lying would almost definitely be in the code.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am 

Congratulations on the win Ross. Well played.

I think I helped you along a bit; I put your name down in blue for 'Probably genuine RC' rather than green for 'Probably Town', but that was enough to keep you off most people's radars for most of the game.

On day 4 I started to be concerned that Blindwitness was my Blindspot (yes I think in slogans, it makes it easier to convince people to vote lol). Luckily for you, IMMEDIATELY after I posted some investigation notes about you http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 85#p277585 OSOI popped up and said he had a power and had not used it, changing focus completely.

It was genuinely what he had done, but it is an unusual thing to do so great timing for you.
Quote:
thatnicguy asked if Thane was in the game but made the mistake of claiming Thane before I could answer. Silly him.
blindwitness asked if Shepard was in the game, but took the safe of Jack.
Sensual_Lettuce asked if Zaeed Massini was in the game but took Shepard.
Woaah! They had a fake RC (Ross' ticked to being blue on my list) and three questions about who was in the game and still managed to both get caught out with double fake claims? Lol.

I suppose I should say thanks for making town look less bad in the game notes hahah. :D
Quote:
An enjoyable game, a little frustrating when Matt decided I was not telling the truth but the timings on this game really screwed with me until mid to late game.
It was nothing personal; on that day activity had dropped off since it seemed like people were hoping some investigation results would come in or some useful information would appear, so instead I was trying to cross-examine people and see if anyone cracked. There wasn't a lot to go on, and frankly some of the Town people's posts were more suspicious than the mafia's :D

The 'No Lynch' idea on the second last day was actually a good one both for the maths, and to give an alternative to lynching Drsno. I was also interested if anyone would try to push a lynch of Drsn0 through at the last moment (since the Mafia player would be the most likely to want to do this rather than No Lynch), so it was unfortunately that James went back on his earlier statement so quickly and became public enemy number 1.

Anyway, it was a good game, if a bit quiet at parts. Well played Ross.
scum :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 am 

Quote:
Woaah! They had a fake RC (Ross' ticked to being blue on my list) and three questions about who was in the game and still managed to both get caught out with double fake claims? Lol.
I think those early mistakes ended up ultimately helping me since it made it look like we werent given any safe RCs, I think you commented that at some point. That coupled with my quick and safe RC (which was thatnicguy's plan) really worked out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:59 am 

I blame Matt's colour coding :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:06 am 

I was fist-pumping when MSL had Ross as definate town, such a dangerous thing to say ;)

Im really glad it turned into a decent game, after day 2 sensual and I where honestly worried we had just flushed Russia's game down the toilet :/

Sorry Russia ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I think those early mistakes ended up ultimately helping me since it made it look like we werent given any safe RCs, I think you commented that at some point. That coupled with my quick and safe RC (which was thatnicguy's plan) really worked out.

Well yes, to be honest in a game where someone claims "Shepherd -- no no, the Player I will make sense" and someone else gets caught, reclaims the doc, gets caught and dies it is hard to believe you had such a smorgasbord of fake claim opportunities given to you by an overly generous Mod.

In fact this should have been an example of how generous supply of fake claims makes Mafia overpowered in the Role Claim process, since the Town's Doc and Cop were obviously linked to their characters and they weren't given anything to hide behind.
In other words, it SHOULD have been much more likely the Town would lose power roles over lies about characters or simply being killed at night after claiming than Mafia.
However you two completely ruined any attempt to prove that point lol :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 am 

Quote:
The 'No Lynch' idea on the second last day was actually a good one both for the maths, and to give an alternative to lynching Drsno. I was also interested if anyone would try to push a lynch of Drsn0 through at the last moment (since the Mafia player would be the most likely to want to do this rather than No Lynch)
I had a plan to mess with everyones heads if the no lynch had gone through I was going to not kill anyone that night. Then I figured I would target MSL anyway thinking he might have some protection so it would be a win/win. It struck me as funny since the plan was to change the maths so I would keep the maths the same.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 am 

Quote:
Quote:
The 'No Lynch' idea on the second last day was actually a good one both for the maths, and to give an alternative to lynching Drsno. I was also interested if anyone would try to push a lynch of Drsn0 through at the last moment (since the Mafia player would be the most likely to want to do this rather than No Lynch)
I had a plan to mess with everyones heads if the no lynch had gone through I was going to not kill anyone that night. Then I figured I would target MSL anyway thinking he might have some protection so it would be a win/win. It struck me as funny since the plan was to change the maths so I would keep the maths the same.
Oh my god, he's an evil genius!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 am 

Quote:
An enjoyable game, a little frustrating when Matt decided I was not telling the ttruth but the timings on this game really screwed with me until mid to late game. I learnt a bit about Mass Effect too.
You were my night one target, so if was alive I could've helped with that :P

Interesting game to watch from the sidelines. I was convinced town had it after the terrible start. I never even thought about Blindwitness being mafia. Well played sir!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 pm 

Gah you should have seen the post I had for my defense it was lying at it's extreme lol. Took about an hour to write up, hit submit... Oh it's already twilight damn wedding and work :)

Kudos to blind though what an epic win to come back from thatnicguy and mines farce of an attempt at mafia :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:17 pm 

Quote:
Gah you should have seen the post I had for my defense it was lying at it's extreme lol. Took about an hour to write up, hit submit... Oh it's already twilight damn wedding and work :)
Did you save it? It would be interesting to see what manner of manuscript would make you think you had a snowball's chance of walking out of the 'I'm the Player' role claim :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm 

Quote:

I suppose I should say thanks for making town look less bad in the game notes hahah. :D
The system of letting the mafia ask questions about who is in the game rather than being handed fakes is definitely my favourite way of doing things, and I believe the most balanced.

It gives the mafia a chance of safe-fakes but they need to be smart about it. If they ask about major characters then odds are I'll return a "yes" and the question is wasted, while if they ask about an obscure character then odds are I'll return a "no" but the RC will stick out.

The question of when to ask also requires thought. Ask too early and you won't have seen the pattern, making it difficult to pick RCs that will blend, but ask too late and you'll probably get called to RC and will appear to be stalling in the time before the mod comes on and gives an answer.

So in summary it gives the mafia a leg up without being so blatant as handing them safes. In this particular game I chose to provide them with one clear safe, but this is not something I'm likely to repeat.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next