It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:52 pm 

The invasion has begun,

The Battle of Monte Cassino
17-01-1944

On this day one of the bloodiest and most gruelling series of battles started in the “soft underbelly of Europe”. While it is not the most well known battle of World War II or the biggest, it was unique in the aspect that it was fought in some of the most formidable conditions, in the mountains, in the flooded valleys, through the streets and over the battered and muddy plains. Every step was paid for in sweat, every gain paid for with tears and every victory in blood. Some of the most determined forces of the war met in battle from the veteran 2nd New Zealand Division to the tenacious 1st Fallschirmjagerdivision, both forces not wanting to give an inch. The battle lasted four months resulting in a tactical victory for the Allies causing over 180,000 casualties, and ultimately leads to the liberation of Rome, the first Axis capitol to be taken.

On the 17-01-2012, Outpost 6030 will be starting an Infantry Aces Escalation league for Flames of War. For those of you who are interested in starting Flames of War now is the perfect time.

What is Infantry Aces?
Just like with other escalation leagues it’s a great way to start a new force or system. The Campaign is broken into four Phases or Turns,
Turn One Kicks off on 17-01-2012 untill 30-01-2012
Infantry Company probing actions. 500pts, Company HQ, Combat and Weapon platoons. No Transports or Tanks, no support platoons 4’ x 4’ battlefields.
Forces Muster for Turn two on 31-01-2012 untill 13-02-2012
Reinforce bridgeheads, Launch counter-offensives. 700pts, Minimum company composition, Company HQ, Combat and Weapon platoons. No Transports or Tanks, no support platoons 6’ x 4’ battlefields.
Forces To seek and destroy the enemy on 14-02-2012 untill 26-02-2012
Consolidate Positions and create break throughs. 900pts, Company HQ, Combat and Weapon platoons and Support platoons. No Transports only one Armoured platoon 6’ x 4’ battlefields.
The Final Push on the Northern front at 19:45 on the 27-02-2012
And is to continue on the Southern front at 19:45 on the 28-02-2012
This is the last day of Operation Avenger
All info will be disclosed at a Later Date
Overall results will be disclosed on the 5th and 6th of March
As your Infantry Aces gain experience during the duration it is highly recommended to participate in as many engagements as possible, you do not have to only play at club.

There is only one rule to remember for force selection and that is it has to be a
Late War Infantry Company

If you are interested just bring your Forces to ether there will be player packs on the night

Outpost North is at the Dryandra Community Centre on the corner of Dryandra Drive and Pendula Avenue, Mirrabooka.
They are open from 7:30 till 10:30 every Monday night EXCEPT the first Monday of each month.

Outpost South is at Manning Hall, opposite the oval on the corner of Bradshaw crt in Manning.
They are open from 7:30 till 10:30 every Tuesday night EXCEPT the second Tuesday of each month.

See you there

Here is the list of interest for the campaign and an estimation of affiliation

Draegath as Axis
Hanz brix as Axis
Teddles22 as Axis
advanceop as Axis

Loki501 as Allies
Peter as Allies
Sosoomi as Allies
Chris Poli as Allies

as you let me know ill add you to the list :P

Last edited by Loki501 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:02 pm 

would love to join in, can we play games at PMGG?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 pm 

This looks like such an interesting game. I'd love to join in, can anyone run me through some intro games?

I'd want to be playing the ANZACS (of course :) ).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm 

Hi Loki
As I'm not familiar with Infantry Aces for turn 1, 500 pts do we have to use standared army composition, ie: HQ and 2x infantry platoons or can you have a mix ie: HQ, 1x Infantry Platoon, 1x Weapons Platoon ? The reason I'm asking is that some army lists allow canons on half-tracks and similar such variations as Weapon Platoons.

Cheers John Zak.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:02 am 

with infantry aces for the first 500 points you only need your Command and a Combat platoon then you can have weapons and support, just so you know you cant have anything mounted in or on vehicles until the third round so if those cannons cant be dismounted from the trucks they automatically get sent to the rear, also for the purposes of balance your forces need to be form any Late war force, which means you can only play the NZ part of the ANZAC, you can play games any where you can set them up only things are the players have to be part of the campaign and if you could show up at least once per round that would help (so you can hand in the after battle reports) and there will be a massive assault at the end on the abbey

Last edited by Loki501 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 am 

Hi Loki

To put a finer point on my last question about army composition, in the rule book Dogs & Devils the 1st SSF can take a cannon platoon (M3 75mm/81mm mortar GMC) ie: cannon/mortar fixed on a half-track as a Weapon Platoon. So to make clear your rule for turn 1 and 2, if the Weapons Platoon can't remove it's weapons from it's vehicles it can't be fielded in the first and second turns for army composition.

Cheers John Zak.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:55 pm 

Sadly yes it does, it part of the infantry aces thing but you should be able to use them in the last round and in the final battle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:33 pm 

Hi Loki, no problem can't wait for the campaige to start.

Cheers John Zak.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:33 pm 

Gday Dave,

How about a list in the first post, for easy viewing, of who is interested, who is confirmed and what they're taking? You can put me down for ze Germans! It'll certainly help with people wanting to get in on something good, and I reckon it'll be awes :-)

well i play vant pier conts just wish thay get alll the books out at one time bet you alll that by the time all the books are out the change the ruls agen ho like the gigantic snake with armes mack good rath for 4ok nekyns
[/size]
Threadkiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:56 pm 

To make it a bit easier

My division will be ss panzer grenadiers (lots of machine guns) :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm 

I'm working on some themes terrain to suplement what the clubs already have. Mainly 15mm buildings. I'm also working on some prizes I was thinking, blitz award for most games played, best painted, top of axis/allied, and best sport.

I'm working on castle hill tonight

It's going to be lots of fun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 pm 

Guys,

I'd clear forgotten about this campaign. With Bloodbowl and Bushido, I honestly (and sadly) can't see myself getting time to play :(

Happy to remain a maybe :)