[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Simpsons Mafia - MAFIA WIN - Page 38 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:19 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:49 pm 

Quote:
It's pretty funny that town actually didn't get any lynch correct. The only Mafia kill was courtesy of mrgtst via vigilante.

WOW !!!

I hereby announce this to be the WORST the town has ever done in a mafia scum game. (On here at least)
not ONE SINGLE vote for a mafia member in 30+ pages :P

Quote:
Ha yes my constant lurking is a problem, mostly for work productivity ;)

Well iv been very lucky character-wise in previous games but not this time, I am

Edna Krabappel :)

Sorry I havent slipped in something as backup iv been flat out today

I will call a fellow lurker, Aenur for RC :)

Surprised someone never picked up on this, it was only small, but definatly something to go on (as it was page 3-4)
The Role call was highlighted in blue. yet EVERY town RC was given in GREEN, and all MAFIA in RED.

Yet, no one picked up on it.

Its small things like this you need some commited, over-examining town members to jump on.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 pm 

On tapatalk ... There are no colours.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 pm 

Oops. I noticed that (I think I did mine in green, as per the PM). I just figured he liked blue :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:56 pm 

Means nothing. Mine was in white standard text.

Town definately played a pretty piss-poor game that's for sure but that was nothing to go on.

Needs to be a change in the way the game is played for it to continue to be successful. This "personality" following that's been in most of the games is really damaging. People need to think for themselves, vote how they feel and perhaps those who are being "followed" might want to ease it up a bit as it's going to lead (or has already led to) game railroading.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm 

Bloodlust, I agree.

I think the anonymous system may be a good move.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm 

Since the games over I can chip in right? :P
Quote:
I think the anonymous system may be a good move.
I'm not sold on the idea. To me, the way people post on Westgamer is to well known to actually make the idea all that viable. By this I mean with reference to general sentence structure, choices of words, how stuff is presented, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:19 pm 

What has been very frustrating is watching people come up with really good ideas, only to have them derailed by these "personalities" who people seem so dead-keen to follow. It's really led to some serious railroading and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been noticing this.

i posted in the other thread as to why annonymous accounts wouldn't help that much but it's been repeated above. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:30 pm 

While i see what you are saying that personalities can railroad stuff and people are starting to follow people not logic, why all this worry now that mafia have won a game or 2? Looking at the stats of previous games after the first game the game has been dominated by town with them winning all of them. This caused mafia to change the way they play and play smarter leading to them winning the last couple and coming quite close in the transformers one. As OSOI said its a bit of a meta game at the moment. Now town players have to rethink how they play and as you said people need to think a bit more for themselves and not be lead as easily.

While luke and dj were able to lead people pretty well last game, it wasn't just their personalities that let them do this. Luke got in a incredibly solid fake rolecall and dj used a lot of coincidental bits to discredit people. While it may have been harder for some other personalities to have got away with this its not necessarily a terrible thing. Its good to see mafia striking back!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:31 pm 

Quote:
i posted in the other thread as to why annonymous accounts wouldn't help that much but it's been repeated above. Thanks :)
Actually, you repeated me (check the timing, I was 1minute faster) :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 pm 

And ive probably missed the point entirely and im not saying that anonymous names are a good or bad idea but I think questioning the successfulness of forum mafia after a couple of mafia wins is a bit of a knee jerk reaction. Not having a dig at ya as I agree with the intention just commenting.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm 

Well it's a no, so no need to discuss it any further :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
What has been very frustrating is watching people come up with really good ideas, only to have them derailed by these "personalities" who people seem so dead-keen to follow. It's really led to some serious railroading and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been noticing this.
The thing I find absolutely hillarious about this is that you were the one who posted the final vote that allowed us to hammer it home against town and win the game. :lol:

Seriously - if people haven't picked up by now that there are certain players that are NOT to be trusted, then that's their problem. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm 

Quote:
if people haven't picked up by now that there are certain players that are NOT to be trusted
*Thinks back to how many times I've decided I won't trust you in Forum Mafia, and how long it's lasted*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:45 pm 

I made one error in the entire game - it's position in the scheme of things is irrelevant.

The fact that it came after two drunk mining (insert expletives here) threatened to beat on me while working security at a "corporate function" meaning my head wasn't so "in the game" whilst posting from my phone for a bit of an escape.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
if people haven't picked up by now that there are certain players that are NOT to be trusted
*Thinks back to how many times I've decided I won't trust you in Forum Mafia, and how long it's lasted*
It's ok - I'm sure it will catch up with me eventually. Forum mafia karma will most likely result in me getting killed night 1 for like a dozen games in a row because people don't want to chance it. ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next