It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:07 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous 152 53 54 55 56 57 Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Mafia Game
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 am 

You would see the people who targetted me and got a no result i imagine. You might get no result however i'm not too sure

I too think i know who it could be:/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Well, it looks like we have the required vote to lynch Nurgle. Just waiting for Greenfuji to confirm.

Now that I've had even more time to think about this one - I'm pretty confident we've nailed it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am 

Quote:
Well, it looks like we have the required vote to lynch Nurgle. Just waiting for Greenfuji to confirm.

Now that I've had even more time to think about this one - I'm pretty confident we've nailed it.
I'm still convinced it's BloodLust. Time will tell.

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 am 

Quote:
Well Vesh did point out that BL hasn't back me up so quickly compared to the other way around. This would be a last ditch attempt to save myself but still draw the attention back to how he has accused our cop whilst I have just got some weird power roles and being a mason. It looks like betrayal but BL has the more evidence against him being a Mafia than me.
If only you had come ti this conclusikn last night, you may have avoided being lynched... See you in the next game mate...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 am 

Come on Greenjuf end this day but just for overkill...
Lynch nurgle71

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:34 am 

There's no evidence against me, only wild supposition. I still maintain that Nurgle is town.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:36 am 

And that town are fools being played so easily while the Mafia laugh. When I'm gone and Mafia win, remember who you lynched and lament your foolishness. Maybe you'll learn some good lessons for next game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:56 am 

Quote:
And that town are fools being played so easily while the Mafia laugh. When I'm gone and Mafia win, remember who you lynched and lament your foolishness. Maybe you'll learn some good lessons for next game.
Tell us then... Who is the mafia and why?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:09 pm 

A lynch has been reached.

DEAD: Nurgle71 - Lando Calrissian, Mafia (Recruited Town)

GAME END

TOWN WIN

I will post my thoughts and a summary of everyones character soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:09 pm 

Orange - Admiral Conan Antonio Motti - Mafia Goon

The Hat - Admiral Kendal Ozzel - Mafia Goon

Aza - Captain Lorth Needa - Mafia Blocker

Matt Shadow-Lord - Darth Vader - Mafia Godfather
Could also elect to make a recruitment offer to any player. This counted as an action. Recruitment was trackable but the PM was sent by me to the target.

OSOI - Boba Fett - Independent Serial Killer

Malignant - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Town Cop
Also had one self save.

Marked - Logray - Town Doctor

Khorgor - Admiral Ackbar - Town Blocker

Russia - Yoda - Town Tracker

DJCodex - Chief Chirrpa - Town Watcher

Vesh - Luke Skywalker - Town Vengeful

MrGTST - Dengar - Town Body Guard

mikZor - Jabba The Hutt - Town Commuter

James Heald - Biggs Darklighter - Town

Charlie - Princess Leia Organa - Town

Centurions - C-3PO - Town Mason's 1

Drsn0 - R2-D2 - Town Mason's 1

Nurgle71 - Lando Calrissian - Town Mason's 2

Brookesy - Han Solo - Town Mason's 2
Also, if Chewbacca was lynched, Han Solo left the game, or if Chewbacca was killed, Han Solo got one kill. Only Han Solo knew this.

Rocdocta2 - Chewbacca - Town Mason's 2

Bloodlust - Nien Nunb - Town Mason's 2
Also had one self save.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 pm 

Wow, good win Town.

Apologies to BloodLust for having doubted you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:13 pm 

Night 0

This game includes a unique mechanic where the mafia can recruit in addition to kill. This is powerful but aims to be thematic given the Star Wars background. My aim was for the mafia to be able to tempt people to the dark side but see if the town held strong to their alligence. Could be too powerful, but game will tell.

Aggressive start with choosing to start recruiting blind. The choice of Malignent was scarey as he is the town cop and if he defected, it could be very bad for the town without even a day played. Perhaps no recruitment on night 0 like no kills.

Day 1.

When Marked posted he was Chirpa I had to check my PMs as I thought I had stuffed up. Nope. Ok, so he's claimed to be a different ewok, fair enough, hiding the fact he's the doctor (I thought it was clear from the name), but he picked another prominent ewok and got caught out.

Lots of postulating from the mafia on what name to claim. Unfortunate for Orange as his keen playing made him claim a name before Russia told everyone to stop. Again, a seemingly innocent name but one already taken. Could the debackle with Marked save Orange?

Night 1

Interesting to see people's actions target prominent players. Seems the more you speak the more attention you attract. Mafia and Killer target prominent people. Should be an interesting Day 2. Second recruitment successful for mafia, but Malignant chose well who to investigate. Day 2 is going to be interesting indeed.

Is Aza a mind reader? Last game in his wild accusations picked 5 from 6 scum and this night picks Russia for Yoda, gets drsn0 and Centurions as mason.

Day 2

A very quick lynch of Orange. Expected really. Aza continues his great picking ability highlighting OSOI as possible killer.

Night 2

Malignant targets Matt so he has picked two mafia, but will get an innocent result tonight. Knowing Russia is guilty, I wonder why he hasn't spoken. Malignant is targeted with a kill, and bang goes his only self save. OSOI turns down the recruitment offer with the first reponse being more than a No.

Day 3

OSOI tells me he's out to get Aza, which works for him as its another mafia but he suspects him as the recruiter. He got this from the recruitment message. Matt went to great effort to make the recruitment letter seem like its from mikZor but I don't think its worked. Mal asked about who wrote it then the next night targeted Russia. OSOI saw Aza in the text. Very interesting.

Night 3

OSOI catches on that Matt is most likely the Godfather and recruiter so lines him up for the kill. Luckily for mafia, their last recruit attempt is successful. As powerful as this recruit + kill is, mafia are dying fast. Mafia make a kill of little importance. How long will mafia last and will the serial killer remain alive for long. The game does seem to follow the theme with Lando accepting the recruit offer this night. Malignant targeting OSOI on this night, I fear the game may be over soon for the Town to win.

Day 4

Malignant reveals his investigation of OSOI, the serial killer, Will OSOI survive? I think a game of mafia can handle lots of roles. Considering I only had watcher, tracker, cop, Dr, bodyguard, commuter, I think the game can have lots more. More roles for the mafia also. The masons don't really use their ability much. They even commented its not that great an ability.

Night 4

The first night without a recruitment attempt, smartly the mafia target Malignant but he is protected by the bodyguard. This is Malignants last protection. The cops investigation is unsuccessful. How will the mafia go and will the town see who to target. Aza was suspected by OSOI, but he is now dead. Day 5 will be interesting.

Day 5

Town seem to be having a hard time coming up with a lynch. Not helped by my error causing some problem. Malignant keeps picking the mafia well, but the town are not behind him. Not sure why DJCodex doesn't reveal Nurgle visited Malignant last night along with MrGTST but MrGTST ended up dead. Only one person states that MrGTST was likely the bodyguard.

Night 5

With Nurgle71 the last remaining mafia, former mason and flying nicely under the radar, this could be hard for the town to find the last member quickly. Will Nurgle try get rid of Malignant or has his bluff worked. DJCodex could hold the key to this next lynch for a town win or it could take some time. Nurgle kills Centurions and as a point of interest, Rocdocta states he plans on stating that himself, Nurgle and Bloodlust are innocent. This is to take pressure off Bloodlust but helps Nurgle too. Nurgle not communicating with the rest of his former masons is not yet suspicious to them.

Day 6
Malignant cottons on to the fact that one of the masons can actually be mafia. Will Nurgles non response be picked up by his fellow masons? Usually there is only one mason group, Will the fact there were two groups have a spin on this? DJCoex finally posts information that links Nurgle as the scum but it seems to be lost. But Malignants investigation will show innocent and what then?

Night 6

Nurgle needs to kill Malignant. He thinks about it but goes with rocdocta2 with the aim to pin it on Malignant.

Day 7

I like the recruitment power and I think it worked well. I'd consider using it again but perhaps not with mason's. It becomes too complex and I felt my confirming of how it worked will lead to exposing who is mafia. I think its the end for Nurgle now. Malignant leads the lynch for Nurgle as it could have been Bloodlust. And thats game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:14 pm 

Congratulations Town.
Well played. And they say that good will never win because Goooood is Dumb. Or am I mixing up my films now :D

This was a very interesting game of Mafia. So now you get to find out what the game looked like from the Evil side.
The Mafia team was smaller than usual, but could I have asked for a better role than Darth Vader -- Godfather of evil, lord of Sith, with the ability to convert town to our side?

As everyone will know now, the first target for conversion was Malignant. I told the other Mafia players it was risky, but we had good chance as long as he didn't have a top-level Town power like either Cop or Doc. It was our bad luck that he was in fact the Cop, but really it was probably good for the game because frankly the Cultafia is pretty overpowered if people start signing up immediately. -- Scratch that, I just found out he was a Cop with a SELF SAVE. No wonder he didn't join lol

Of course then Mal raised the alarm and posted some of the message (originally I thought rule 2 'Do not post partial or complete copies of any PM I send' would prevent anyone from doing so, as although I wrote them the messages were sent as from Greenfuji). From that point on I decided to add extra layers of obfuscation to the emails, even setting up a false photobucket account, claiming people who had raised alarms had in fact joined, changing spelling to incriminate Aza (didn't tell him that at the time, but we couldn't only incriminate town members AND we needed it to look like any mafia could recruit in case I got killed). Here's an example of one you didn't see but was chock full of easter eggs in case Nurgle posted it in thread.
Quote:
I used Nurgle's own signature as an opening line
The spelling is poor
Pretends to use a form letter (to make it look more like it is from other people)
Discredits cop (old investigations are no longer valid)
The image has removed (leaving it mikzor after people noticed it would look like we're framing him... lol)
Today's conversion will be done by our team's ninja. Which we don't have, but would be good cover if people think there is one.
Claims past people were actually converted and decided to post that they had been approached
Offers to bring his friends along if he is a mason.
And since we're really going out on a limb trying to convert him and don't hav much else to offer, I added a joke to the end.

---------

Hey Nurgle

You know how you are always saying, 'It's better to be a crow than a caged bird who forgot how to fly...'? Exactly true.
I am giving you the oportunity to leave the cage and fly with the Crows on the dark side of the force.

I noticed you havent been very in to this latest game of mafia, hardly getting into the investigations at all. If nothing else here is a chance to make the game more exciting.

As you must have heard from chat, the Sith Mafia has access to a POWER that allows one of us to convert a sweet innocent little town member to the dark side. Today's conversion is a no risk untrackable one so youre cover will be kept. Publically everyone is criticising the Sith in the chat, but thats mainly so they dont look suspcious or like they joined us. The truth is were having fun, getting members and your game cuold get a lot more cool. Imagine the ability to flip from good to evil, and suddenly every cop, watcher and tracker who investigated you will now be wrong and confused.

Now the form-letter bit:

JOIN US

YOU have been chosen to join the Sith Mafia. Unlike the other weak town members who are being preyed on, instead of a certain death you will get three things they cannot offer:

1) Knowledge – a complete knowledge of the secrets of who is guilty, who is not, and who is who
2) Power – The Sith can grant you the ability to kill anyone. You will be invited to select the target for the next night strike - and see them fall to the ground before a sound even reaches their lips.
3) Victory - You will be on the winning side. As the town shrinks, the Sith are growing, increasing in number even as the town bicker and watch their friends perish for nothing.

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE

You have the opportunity to reject this, which you are welcome to consider as it comes at the cost of giving up your existing character and whatever mistaken loyalties you may have to the blind sheep that make up the town. Doing so would make this a short game for you ... but that's small punishment compared to missing the fun of the Dark Side of the Force.

PM your reply to me and Greenfuji. There can be no further negotiation, and this is a once only offer. I think you’ll make the right choice.

------

What hav you got to lose! The next thing to decide is if you want to claim to have been approached and turned them down. BTW if you are a Mason, don't worry because we can convert your mason partner next. Just be sure to PM them to let them know to expect it before you reply to this message.

Do You Accept?

The Sith Mafia

Along time ago, in a Galaxy far far away, it's Christmas time.
Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker are having a lightsaber battle.
Darth Vader says to Luke "Luke..... Luke. I know what your getting for Christmas"
Luke says "eh?"
Darth Vader says again to Luke "I KNOW what your getting for Christmas"
Luke says "That's Impossible!!! How would you know that?"

JOIN US TO FIND OUT.

And he did join to find out, lol.

Russia joining was a big plus of course, shifting the balance a bit more in our direction. In the meantime I was working on a plan to make certain the Cop (who turned out to be Mal) would investigate me so I'd be confirmed as innocent. He did, and I knew he did but he decided not to post the result (scum!) but still I was pretty safe from town until by bad luck, it looks like a serial killer killed me. Such is life.

Before that I'd made a big effort to plant two things in people's minds which insanely stuck long after I'd been proven to be Guilty: That Mal was possibly not the cop and was using lucky coincidence and 'failed' results to bolster his claims, and that Mikzor was a killing anyone who accused him. I can't believe how long it took Mal to convince some people he was genuine, and some doubted to the very end :D

As a comment to future organisers, I think the Cultafia was a dangerous thing to introduce to the game could have got completely out of control very quickly had we not had two goodie-two-shoes players turn the offer down and a lucky hit (I assume by OSOI serial killer).

But all in all a great game. Lot's of drama.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 pm 

Good games guys. For the next game's Mafia, LYNCH: Malignant! :D

Some very good plays in this. The last two days saw swings in lynch votes to Vesh and the Bloodlust. Vesh suspicion was right all along but I don't think any body was taking him seriously until Mal pointed out kink in Greenfuji's clarification.

To my mason buddies :lol: You guys were helpful in my time as both Mason and Mafia. Thank You.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous 152 53 54 55 56 57 Next