[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Miss Melody's Magnificent Painting Service (April Fools) - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:35 am 

Hi there, it's Miss_Melody here, Mister_Bruce is my dad.

I'm available to do commissioning painting. I'm told that I do good work. My dad has taught me the basics, but I have improved much in the last year (see examples below). I prefer to paint up scary stuff over anything else, mostly because it's fun to make Raarr Raarr noises when painting Nids or the Space Zombies from Sedition Wars. Of course I'll paint other stuff like Space Marines if I have too but I prefer the scary stuff. I'm not much good at assembly though, so that's where I'll need Dad's help if the model is supplied unassembled.

Dad gave me a Black Reach Dreadnought late last year. I think I did a pretty good job of it. My Dad helped me with the basing but didn't drill out the gun-barrel. It gives you a fair indication as to what I can do in an afternoon.

My first commission work for a friend of mine. Dad had to help me with the transfers and a bit of weathering at the end, but the paint job is mine. This one took me about two days work on and off:

Some Chaos Space Marines, this time for fun. Note that I don't do dry brushing. Dry brushing is for babies.

Ah Sedition Wars. I really dig Space Zombies….. it creeps Mum out. Dad has three boxes of them though so I guess I'll be busy for a while. Space Zombies are great for washes though - it really speeds up the painting process:

My latest work. Dad had to help me with the greenstuff conversion of this Hive Tyrant, but I think I did a reasonable job of the paintwork. It took me a long time though to get the blending just right.

Lastly, two pictures of me, hard at work. The first one - well, it was a hot day so I ditched the smock. You get the general idea. I normally only work with 1-2 paints at a time.

<< Pictures removed by Mister_Bruce. Please imagine a happy 3yo in a yellow smock painting a GW Goblin Spider with a GW brush>>

Am currently motoring through Dad's Sedition Wars set (Space Zombies only) and painting a few odd Uruk-Hai that Dad missed, but I'm looking for a new challenge.

I don't like chocolate. Hard cash only please…. well, My Little Ponies are also acceptable.

Last edited by Mister_Bruce on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:57 am 

My mind was blown when I received my models back from Melody.

I thought Troy Kealley and Peter Platell where the epicentre of Perth's top painters.

I have so much to learn...

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 am 

Just awesome!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 am 

Holy cr@p!

I've been wasting my time getting my kids to play with lego.

How did you teach her Bruce?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 am 

Bruce and myslf play Dreadball fairly often (if you game at Outpost South you have problably seen us) and without being too modest i would like to think it was my involvment in asking Miss_Melody to paint my human team that got her fully engaged in the business side of painting.

I have a Rat team and an Orc team already on commission from her and i really cannot wait to see the results.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am 

Quote:
Holy cr@p!

I've been wasting my time getting my kids to play with lego.

How did you teach her Bruce?
Well, I made the mistake of buying her one of these last year. You know, one of those you beaut all singing all dancing 'Eavy Metal spray paint guns that they were selling for exorbitant prices.

Here's a pic:

Melody used it once, just once - and here was the result.

A before picture:

And an after picture:

It really did what GW said it would do - undercoating, basecoating, shading, highlighting and varnishing with just one pull. But Melody felt cheated. She didn't want to use it because she said it took all the fun out of it. So she picked up a brush and started trying to learn for herself.

A bit difficult to duplicate. I'd sell you that Limited Edition Grim Dark Vengeance Blood KillyDeath Spraygun that GW produced last year if you have a few thousand dollars to spare. I've seen them on eBay for $6000+ but I'm sure we can cut a deal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am 

While I haven't yet had the honour of Melody painting up some of Necrons, I can vouch for her abilities, she is a bit of a prodigy. She reminds me of the child prodigy in this video.

http://youtu.be/JTd1CtRLNu0

Captain Ignatius, Doombringers 3rd Company

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 pm 

Quote:
While I haven't yet had the honour of Melody painting up some of Necrons, I can vouch for her abilities, she is a bit of a prodigy. She reminds me of the child prodigy in this video.

http://youtu.be/JTd1CtRLNu0
That's very kind but perhaps tone down the praise just a little. She's no Picasso or Da Vinci - just a normal 3yo with a passion for painting. She even tries to use painting as an excuse not to go to bed. You know, the usual "But I haven't finished highlighting yet" or "It needs another wash Daddy" which she normally punctuates by stamping her foot and frowning.

Sigh.... the number of times she's scolded me "Daddy, where did you put my Goblin Spiders?" is truly scary. I swear she's finished them but she keeps adding subtle highlights and improving.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 pm 

I was quite impressed with my hive tyrant she painted for me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 pm 

Hello Miss Melody,

I am new to this forum.

I have a request.

I would like to know if you can paint a model kit and or the little figurines it comes with.

i have attached photos for your reference.

how much would it be for the little figurines and how much for the model?

i live in Thornile, WA.

Thanks!

i cant seem to attach images the link is here to get an idea

http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com.au/2012/0 ... model.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm 

Quote:
Hello Miss Melody,

I am new to this forum.

I have a request.

I would like to know if you can paint a model kit and or the little figurines it comes with.

i have attached photos for your reference.

how much would it be for the little figurines and how much for the model?

i live in Thornile, WA.

Thanks!

i cant seem to attach images the link is here to get an idea

http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com.au/2012/0 ... model.html
Ok, I can't tell if r0t4ng is serious, playing along or calling my bluff. Either which way, it's been fun.

Today is April 1st and this is an April Fools Day joke. I'll update the thread title accordingly.

PS: Here is GW's April Fools Day joke from 2012 which I have weaved into this thread: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... d=9900028a Enjoy! :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable