[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Top Hat Commission painting - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:41 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm 

Salutations my good Sir/Madam!

Perhaps you have stumbled across this thread on your journey in pursuit of the perfectly painted miniature?

Perchance your lingering eyes have led you link by link to a gallery containing some strange artifact i have painted?

Whatever your reason for coming I am here to inform you that your long, perilous and perhaps frustrating journey on the search for commissioned miniatures is at an end!

General Information

Top Hat Miniatures is dedicated to providing it's clients with the highest standard of professionally painted miniatures personally possible- Say THAT 5 times fast!

I hold myself to extremely high standards and endeavor to create a truly unique and beautiful piece each time i pick up my brush. Each model is guaranteed to be well cared for and painted with the utmost enthusiasm and consideration. when commissioning a piece from Top Hat miniatures you are not merely purchasing a painted model but a piece of personal art from my own private collection.

I am a passionate miniature painter at heart and to me there exists no "tabletop standard" the only standard i paint to is the Top Hat standard!

Pricing

The following prices are a guide intended to give you a rough idea of what to expect when commissioning a piece from Top Hat miniatures. Please be aware there may be extra costs involved or discounts depending on the items in question. Some miniatures a quicker and easier to paint than others and some require more time and effort. My quotes will always reflect this.

Painting

Each miniature i paint is lovingly cared for and created as if it was from my own collection. This means an extremely high standard of painting utilizing various techniques including shading, highlighting, washes, glazes, glow effects NMM (non-metallic metals), blending, rust effects, battle damage, weathering and more. Your models will also be based, and sealed with a matte varnish. The variety and elaborateness of the base is discussed before the quote.

My personal belief is that each miniature should be treated as it's own work of art. I always strive to my fullest to meet the owners specifications and to provide them something unique.

Base size
20-30mm character $100
40mm character $120
50-60mm character $150

20-30mm trooper / solo $25 - $30
40mm trooper / solo $30 - $50
50-60mm trooper / solo $50 - $100

Vehicle / Warjack / Warbeast $120-$150

I can also assemble your models, this includes the removal of all mould lines.

Base size
20-30mm character $4 - $6
40mm character $5 - $8
50-60mm character $6 - $10

20-30mm trooper / solo $2 - $4
40mm trooper / solo $3 - $5
50-60mm trooper / solo $4 - $6

Vehicle / Warjack / Warbeast $10 - $12

Questions?

Q. What’s up with your prices?! Do i look like the sultan of Brunei!?

A. No my liege! The prices listed are a reflection of the exacting process of my work. Through combinations of various techniques, skills and equipment i aim to provide the premium standard you can expect from your purchases. I have no hidden agenda and deal with complete clarity and honesty.

Q. Will you build, clean, and undercoat my miniatures for me like a good monkey?

A. oogh oogh ah aaaah ahh skreeee skreee!
(yes i can! Please see the above list)

Q. What about the bases? You should really include that in the price you know...

A. Alright i will! The nature of the base and it's detail will be discussed prior commencement of the project.

Q. Wait!! who the Devil are you!?

A. My real identity is Adrian Chia. I live in Perth WA and am an ex GW employee. I'm known locally in the Perth gaming community and have won several awards for my painting at local events including a WA Ultimates painting award and several Best Army awards at various tournaments.

Q. How long must i wait for you to finish sweating over a painting table for me!?

A. I am a perfectionist and as such the time can vary. This will be discussed prior to commencing a project.

http://www.facebook.com/TopHatMiniatures

Last edited by The Hat on Sun May 13, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:23 pm 

I'm interested in getting at least one item done - possibly more later on. The piece I want done is basically this;
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1380047a

On a fantasy chariot sized base.

Could you give a price for that please, and we'll go from there!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm 

Your examples are pretty special, Hat. You do some impressive work.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:06 pm 

Thanks Matt i appreciate the comment.

Vorag- for the C'tan you'd be looking at around $100. Exact price would vary depending on base complexity and techniques used :) let me know if you are interested!

-The Hat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:10 pm 

Around 100 would be fine! I'll pm you tomorrow regarding further details, but I'd be looking at getting the model to you sometime next week (week starting 14th)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:11 pm 

No problem Mate :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:13 pm 

I'd be keen to see the finished product - see what you get for your money :) Fantastic work!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:19 pm 

I'll be sure to post pics both here and in my Facebook Galleries.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable