[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Expressions of Interest - Army Painter Commission Service - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 am 

Hi guys.

First off, a bit of background. (feel free to skip...)

With the recent changes to the GW paint range, I started looking around for another manufacturer. At first, I seriously looked into the Vallejo Game Colour Suitcase (all 72 colours). This was also encouraged by a local gamer buddy, Churchless. Then, I spoke to a friendly retailer, Slave To Painting through their Facebook page.
I have followed their development ever since clicking a facebook link ages ago, and they're a real friendly bunch. I saw that they were planning to stock Vallejo paints and asked about the Suitcase set. The fella explained that his boss had the set himself, but only used about half of the paints consistently and wasn't going to be stocking it as it wasn't good value for money. I then started looking for another paint range, and came across a reference from Mike Mcvey (ex 'Eavy Metal, PP and now Studio Mcvey) for the Army Painter paint sets. The Army Painter is a company run by another two ex-GW staff members who want to speed up the painting process to get more of our plastic/resin/metal cocaine onto the table.
I've had a bit of experience with the Strong Tone Quickshade with my Nids. So, I'm thinking that with my base colour painting style (with an occassional drybrush or wash), the Army Painter method may be just what I'm looking for. I'm even considering redoing my entire Warhammer collection using this method, probably around 1000 soldiers!!!
Not bad for only three colours and Strong Tone Quickshade! I like the gloss effect for alien skin!
Secondly, the idea.

With my new love for The Army Painter products, I've started to dream about the possibility of offering a painting service to get models to a decent tabletop standard quickly and cheaply for my fellow gamers. I've spoken briefly to Mark Logue about the idea, as he has a bit of commission work history, and he thinks there would definitely be a market for getting more models on the tabletop as a cheap and effective service.

Thirdly, the question.
I would like to hear any expressions of interest for Scotty Wazza's APS (Army Painting Service). I'm currently working on getting some samples made up to demonstrate the quality that can be achieved with The Army Painter products. I'm thinking that if this little idea of mine actually becomes a reality, I would like to create a website to showcase and advertise the APS. I am even considering becoming a retailer for the product in the future, even if it is just a small online store and/or at tournaments (with the TO's approval, of course!) Would it be something you would consider using? What would you be looking for from the service?

Finally, a demonstration.

I'm currently in the process of painting up a sample piece to demonstrate part of The Army Painter process (Colour primer, basic colours, quickshade, anti-shine). For the time being, have a look at the PDF put out by the company:
http://admin.thearmypainter.com/files/d ... _guide.pdf

Any feedback, interest or suggestions are welcome!
Scotty Wazza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 am 

Hi Scotty

Yes - I'd be very interested, however, as with anything, it all comes down to the cost. If the cost per figure could be kept low, then you could be on to a winner. I can no longer paint miniatures due to my eyesight deteriorating with age (and neck pain) so have been looking for an alternative that doesn't break the bank, as my income has also dropped significantly due to a change in career.

For example - would it cost less if I prepared the figures (i.e. assembled, removed mould lines) and then based the figures myself after painting? These are the sorts of questions I'd be asking.

However - I'd be looking at this service for historical figures (e.g. Perry Miniatures ACW or Sudan), not GW. I painted up a few ACW Confederates using this system and they looked great, unfortunately I couldn't continue as my eyesight prevents me from achieving even the first basic coat.

Good luck and keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 am 

Hey Scotty would it be worth mentioning where you are located which may or may not be a major deal breaker, because last time I checked you lived Geraldton.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 am 

Scotty:

Could be interested depending on the usual time, cost and if you are still in Geraldton postage etc....

Cheers!
Johnthebrave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 am 

I would be just fine to do historical figures.

Yes, I am located in Geraldton. Posting the models would be a requirement. I would be willing to cover half of that cost for WA gamers as a way to make it more feasible. Something like you pay for posting it up and I'll cover the return trip.

I'll have a think about prices and see if I can come up with a price list to further gather interest.

Thanks for the input and interest, keep it coming!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable