[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
== DEXTER MAFIA: Game Over! Results announced == - Page 47 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:14 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 725 posts ]  Go to page Previous 145 46 47 48 49 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 am 

Ah sonavabitch!! I'd forgotten the trinity killer was a Deacon!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:42 am 

well done mafia

great game

I must say a massive well done to MSL for such a awesome game.

I also must say how disappointed I am with a few townies who really didn't post much and didn't contribute.
It makes me really mad to see people wasting everyone's time when someone else could of had the role.

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 am 

Except I don't know if there were too many more people that missed out.

It's a tough one, because the more numbers the greater variety of roles and longer the game goes. But then you can get people that don't contribute as much.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:39 am 

:D

I thought with 3 of us left and having found Dexter at the end of day 6 we were home. Day 7 started with a bang though. We expected to lose one mafia member but not 2....

The RC with priest was a godsend when The Hat confirmed it. That's why I killed him last ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:42 am 

Wow! Great game right to the last moment.

Well done Matt and thank you for all the effort.

(curse you Brooksey!!.....hahaha :lol: )

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:53 am 

What did the mafia get for no night one kill?

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:05 am 

I think we got a fake rc each? But I think the deal was we offered town that chance to vote for no night kill in exchange for the rc's but I might be wrong ;)

So we had the opportunity to fight town on the vote but it would be been risky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:10 am 

What a game. Thanks MSL. I had lots of fun. I'm sure it was better if you knew the show.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:51 am 

Curses curses everywhere...

I was wrong on no less than three occassions, then on starting on the fourth I get lynched, and it was the only time I was right! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:56 am 

As I was saying to Nic this morning, this all looked very familiar. A game that went down to the wire only for Aenur to win it for Mafia through some clever misdirection - when town had been sitting on a solid clue to his identity for days. It's LOTR Mafia all over again, except with video!! :mrgreen:

Great game Matt and well played Mafia, this was a fun one to follow along.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:19 am 

The game's design started with creating the rules for Dexter.

I wanted the player to be a Serial killer without any artificial constraints (like rules saying they can only kill X players, on X nights or under X circumstances), but with them having a reason to operate in a similar way to the character in the books/series and not go on a random murder-frenzy.

The idea was to make a couple of the player's powers contingent on key characters still being alive in the game, hence Dexter got Ninja and Godfather as long as Debra and Harry Morgan were in the game to assist and cover for them.

This expanded to the idea of having some Townies get a win condition that allowed them to win with Dexter, and one Mafia player getting the same (Hannah McKay).

ThatNicGuy rolled Hannah, and played her perfectly. He could win the standard Mafia victory, but had winning with Dexter as an additional VC. His own team were completely unaware of his different win condition, and I expect he has some explaining to do to his own team :D

I think Disembodied Head played the extremely hard role of Serial Killer impeccably, hardly putting a foot wrong all game and taking out more mafia than everyone else put together, and not touching a hair on the head of any of the minority of players who could win with a SK still alive.

Of the Mafia team, JJ started quiet and shone in the late game (as is his custom) but despite being killed by Dexter Russia played and extremely good game; it's worth going back and having a look at his posts now you know TNG and he were on the same team.

Regarding Role Calls, due to a limited cast of major characters this was a game that the Mafia would lose if we did the usual two day RC, so instead they were given an offer: They could let the town vote to have no kills on Night 1, in return for 4 plausible role calls.

The catch was Town would assume the vote's outcome had a prize for the Mafia too (the mafia got the RCs just for offering it) and the Mafia would know that they would not get anything for the vote being successful. The Mafia played this right, ensuring the vote went through rather than trying for a short term gain that would have made them look suspicious.

There was also a bonus to this approach; the game could have started with Night 1 Vig kill Mafia kill SK kill and cut the player list down, when what I was hoping for was a peaceful start that built up to a more and more violent climax. Job done :D

The cast:

Serial Killer
DISEMBODIED HEAD Dexter Morgan
Godfather (if Deb alive) Ninja (if Harry alive)

Mafia - Win with Dexter
TNG Hannah McKay Poisoner

Mafia
RUSSIA Isaac Sirko Godfather
SWIRLY Ice Truck Killer
AENUR Trinity Killer Priest

Town - Win with Dexter
DRSNO Debra Morgan Role Cop
BLIND WITNESS Lumen Pierce Double voter
MALAKII Rita Bennett
POLAR Harry Morgan Tree Stump

Town

THE HAT James Doakes Vigilante x1
Massaen Joey Quinn Voyeur
KHORGOR Esme Pascal
WYLD Maria La Guerta Universal backup
AZA Angel Batista Bodyguard
BROOKESY Frank Lundy Tracker
DRACO Stan Liddy Even night Follower

Last edited by Matt-ShadowLord on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:21 am 

No one would argue that this was the finest Town-game ever seen, but on the bright side they played perfectly to the Miami Police Department theme. Every day they would almost catch a criminal, then wake up in the morning to find Dexter had taken out a serial killer.

That showed real commitment to the role. Kudos. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:45 am 

I think it just goes to show that sometimes town can play it too murkily. Sometimes the best thing for town to do is just play it 100% honest and open.

With fake rolecalls, aza just going with his gut (which was correct but never going to grt the support) brooksey picking on the wrong targets, malakii playing dodgy, the town were looking Scummier than the scum.

Didn't someone pick up on TNG and aenur buddying/popping up together a lot?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:10 pm 

I was worried that someone would pick on aenur stepping in too much, I said it on the thread but he wasn't stressed ;)

I think the big tell was if he had been posting that much in a game where I was town I would have voted for him :D
Quote:
ThatNicGuy rolled Hannah, and played her perfectly. He could win the standard Mafia victory, but had winning with Dexter as an additional VC. His own team were completely unaware of his different win condition, and I expect he has some explaining to do to his own team

Played perfectly is a stretch, I didn't know dexter and didn't notice my win con till matt pointed it out. I was like "I can do what now!?"

That was a pretty tricky win con. By the time I knew that was an option for me we had tried to kill DH once and had a strongman with aenur. I tried to convince swirly and aenur to let me kill but couldn't really push for it. If they had my option was to say I was killing DH in the quicktopic and pm a different target. Even one of the mafia if I wanted :)

But that would have been awkward when the hat killed me..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 pm 

My birthday bash is just abpout to start so I'll be back later and full of fight juice ;)

Well done to the mafia team.

Townies...an epic game of suckitude on your behalves :mrgreen:

I got close and was pretty happy with how I went. Could have been an easy Dexter win if I hadn't lost so many win with Dexter players early.

Sorry Wylde I always kill the wrong one between you and Aenur :P

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 725 posts ]  Go to page Previous 145 46 47 48 49 Next