[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Resistance PBF - GAME OVER - SPIES WIN - Page 12 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:00 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:17 am 

The team vote

I'm amazed how no one really used the team vote for figuring out the spies at all.
For a resistance player, alarm bells should be ringing when everybody agrees to the team.
Remember to check if players from failed missions are approving teams. If they are, you most likely have a spy on that mission.

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am 

Fair enough.

Unfortunately not winning one mission put us behind the 8 ball early on with not much info on the table.

It's all learning.

Well done spy's in mission one only one spy voting for failure. If 2 of them voted it would have been easy just to go, none of the 3 on the mission are considered resistance.

Then it would have been a case of weeding out 2 spy's from the remaining 7. Plus vonpickles would have been partially cleared, as why would a spy put 2 spies on the first mission?

So yeah, well played.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Well there was me and Von Pickle for a start
Lolz very funny!
If i had to guess i would suggest the following people are questioned as to their actions

monty1979
#%$!$#%!
Draco2075
Wyldcard
Im pretty certain about at least three of these, and Im just on a hunch about Draco
No seriously, I was a Spy. Was the 'All your Base' image too subtle? :D

I was on Mission 2, and voted for it to succeed. I thought the chance that the other spy on the mission would vote fail was too high to risk putting a double fail in, and that besides that the best case scenario would be two spies voted to allow a mission to succeed. From that point on every Leader who didn't include members of Team 2 would look like a spy, and every leader who included themselves alongside team 2 would look like the person who voted against the team when it failed :D

From the moment Mission 1 failed this was going to be a hard game for the Resistance, and what I said during the game was true - Resistance members really should put themselves on early missions to increase the chance they succeed and make a smaller pool to pick Spies from.

Last edited by Matt-ShadowLord on Fri May 24, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:07 am 

Just missed signing up for this one, and didn't follow it closely but did the double game size still balance? or where there 2x missions in parralel? Or twice as many to achieve?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 am 

advanceop, no matter how many players, there is still 5 missions.

The major difference for large games (7+) is that the fourth mission requires TWO fails for a mission fail.
Besides that, there isn't much difference between the number of players

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:28 am 

I was a bit surprised that there are still only 5 missions even when the player size increases, but then this was my first try so can't really comment on balance. We didn't get as far a mission 4 to see if requiring 2 failure votes would help move it back in the other direction.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am 

yea the first mission is generally a clincher as you mentioned before MSL.
A spy win will almost guarantee a spy victory.

Really, the first team for this game was just plain bad luck.
Then again, if both spies put fail, we would have seen a totally different game

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:20 pm 

When can we start a new one? it was a heap of fun and if more players added to the banter back and forth it would be even more of a hoot!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 pm 

I will start getting everything organized.
Hope to start next one tonight or tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:55 pm 

Unfortunate for the resistance, I knew we were boned when I saw the votes.

Sorry gang had a couple of them pegged but Draco got through just like the evil femme fatales in the movies!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 pm 

Is there really a strategy with this game? I know Matt went on-line and crunched the numbers but that has to be just an opinion surly trying to predict multiple yes/no responses can only take into account numbers and not human thought or intent? does the percentage take into account the ECM, ECCM, and ECCCM etc etc lolz you could almost do a PH on the game trying to figure the intent of the human mind and the varying analytical and logic functions!

I would also like to discuss my opening gambit, I seem to get the impression everyone thought it a bad move
but the way i saw it was I was resistance, i pick 3 people to go on the mission and if the mission fails then those three are then struck of the list for further missions, as a resistance player that is giving you 3/1 odds in mission and the rest 3/7 of course if your lucky the more spies on the mission (and being the first important mission) the greater chances of them all voting a fail! as I see it it cant be a solid strategy for a spy to vote success even if he knows there are other spies in the mission as they cant communicate and cant know the decision of their fellow spies. maybe we should ask the two spies on the first mission the reasons why they voted the way they did - how did one know the other would fail it? and vice versa?

Fascinating!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 pm 

There is a lot of strategy in resistance. Unfortunately a lot of it is based on playing in a real life setting.
The horrible poker face, the sweaty palms, the raise of an eyebrow between two spies.

vonPickles, I totally agree with you, I would love to hear from the other spies. As previously mentioned, that first mission could of revealed two spies right off the bat. MSL had his play down flat, but it was great to see the other spies work well with each other.

As mentioned earlier, the resistance strategy is based off looking at team voting and mission voting. If I was playing this game, I would be certainly shouting out about the 100% pass votes that were happening!!

Looks like the next game won't be getting off the ground tonight. A bit too tired.
I will open a thread for sign ups for a saturday morning launch

Last edited by khorgor on Fri May 24, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 pm 

The problem is you are the only one who knows you are resistance.

So everyone else has to just assume you are, which is dangerous.

Putting yourself on the mission means you have a greater chance of picking 2 other resistance and just carrying that team through the game.

Tho the way it turned out it could have actually worked in your favour and been a good play. Since you picked up 2 spies if the both voted to fail, which is a possibility since they can't communicate and as such can't coordinate, you out 2 spies out of 3, making it easier for the rest of the resistance just to ignore the 3 picked and work off the remaining 7 players.

As it was the spies managed to sort it out.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:59 pm 

Quote:
. maybe we should ask the two spies on the first mission the reasons why they voted the way they did - how did one know the other would fail it? and vice versa?

Fascinating!
I voted to fail mission 1 - its not the normal opening move, as it would be better to succeed and have more chance of being invited onto later missions when there are more people to shift suspicion onto. My decision to fail this mission was a huge risk, but I had a hunch that the other spy (bokke) on the mission would allow it to succeed therefore only implicating one of the three of us - if he had voted to fail it too, it would have been a very different game... none of those first three would have ever made it onto another mission and really limited out ability to change the outcome of future missions. I figured bokke would play the safe/usual opening move with this in mind so I figured doing something "off the grid" would pay off, which luckily it did. As stated before, losing the first mission places the resistance at a huge disadvantage going forward. We definitely did not communicate at all.

Look forward to another game now that everyone is clued in on good starting strategies and a bit more familiar with the flow of the game - though it is very hard to play this over the internet - playing face to face means you can pick up on nervous cues and people have to make on the spot decisions, not delayed PM decisions.

Good fun anyway!

Monty

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:23 pm 

Not sure how we were supposed to garner much info out of the team voting Khorgor when we went down 3-0.

Everybody was on day one and with pf the only no voter day 2 all he did was look suspicious in the aftermath IMO.

In a longer game where the resistance has some runs on the board, forcing the spies to try and get members in the frame to sabotage there will be more info for sure.

If I crunched the numbers right VP only had about a 13% chance of not picking any bad guys to the team once he decided not to include himself, it's pretty low odds of the resistance to suceed day one. Once the spies have their nose in front I can't see any in game incentive to play silly buggers and vote a success on a mission.

I'm sure we'll all get better with some practice anyhoo. A few mafia tells seemed to carry across well enough ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next