[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Resistance PBF - GAME OVER - SPIES WIN - Page 9 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1113 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm 

That's why I liked your option 2. With those members, if the mission succeeds then we know we have a group of 5 loyal members to take through to the end. If we don't use them, at best we can deduce only 4 loyal members and we're back randomly guessing again.

Since no one liked my idea, you're all on your own and I'm off to start my own clandestine resitance force, before this debacle gets busted by the feds.

Later :D .

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 am 

Just a reminder that 24 hours ends at 9 AM this morning.

We currently have 8 votes.

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 am 

Can you confirm you recieved my reply - my cell is playing up and reception here is naff!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 am 

Quote:
That's why I liked your option 2. With those members, if the mission succeeds then we know we have a group of 5 loyal members to take through to the end. If we don't use them, at best we can deduce only 4 loyal members and we're back randomly guessing again.
That was "2) We gamble on it being Bokke who voted against the mission. IF that's true, then the other two members of team 1 would be genuine. That would potentially clear monty and #%$!$#%! who can then join blindwitness and a player from team 2 on the mission"
Understandable, since that puts you back on the team and increases your chance of winning which ever side you're on.

Quote:
Since no one liked my idea, you're all on your own and I'm off to start my own clandestine resitance force, before this debacle gets busted by the feds.
Later :D .
COMMISSAR! Execute this splitter and bill his family for the bullet!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am 

awesome work team

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:47 pm 

After a long discussion, the votes are tallied......

bokke66 - NO (missed deadline)
monty1979 - NO (missed deadline)
#%$!$#%! - NO
Matt-ShadowLord - YES
Polar - NO
VonPickles - YES
wyldcarde - YES
blindwitness - YES
Disembodied Head - NO
Draco2075 - YES

TIED VOTE

VOTE FAILED

New leader - Disembodied Head
Same rules apply for choosing a team and voting.

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:50 pm 

I thought we were supposed to have only 4 spies, not 5

Post subject: Resistance PBF - DAWN 3
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:51 pm 

Alright DH, you're up!
Make us proud.

Post subject: Resistance PBF - DAWN 3
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:52 pm 

Quote:
I thought we were supposed to have only 4 spies, not 5
Didn't you get a list of names from the Mod? Just count them to be sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:56 pm 

I hope your not inferring i am a spy? I have voted in the positive in every vote, and after being chosen as leader on the first mission I have had no action in the mission failure or mission failure! Me thinks you may need direct that venom at other "no voters"

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:09 pm 

Well that was a little bit of a let down, especially as I thought the deadline to vote was 9pm last night not 9am this morning. :oops:

So what now. There have been a few suggestions of extra unwanted/untrusted players for the mission so where does that get us?

I've made my suggested 4 and it haven't changed. But #%$!$#%! suggested that Matt's Bokke is a spy option is a good one and that would help get more players cleared. What do others think? I'm not against the group as an alternative.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 am 

So the resistance is quiet, come on partisans lets fight back against the government and show them the flames of freedom cant be quenched!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 am 

The ball is in Disembodied Head's court now.

What is worth looking at is the votes for that last team considering that a team with any spy on it is an instant win for the spies. The results are a bit muddied since 2 players didnt care enough to vote however.

I would think that if a spy was on the team I choose then all the spies would vote in favor of it. I know I am loyal so logic would follow that Matt-ShadowLord, VonPickles, wyldcarde and Draco2075 are the spies then. However none of them (nor me for that matter) were on the first mission so this cant be the case. Since there is no colusion between spies they cant have coordinated to only have a few spies on the vote either.

I think the team I proposed was a solid team (i also now feel vonpickles is in the clear) and the spies voted it down hiding behind manufactured reasons. It is also possible that bokke and monty didnt vote as a way of covering their voting agaisnt the team.

I understand this is a bit tenuous but that fact that this was a game winning opportunity for the spies and that they have no way of coordinating their actions it seems likely to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 am 

I voted late only because I was stuck at work after a night shift - usually finish at 8am (leaving enough time to vote) didn't finish until 10am - I did PM khorgor my vote but was too late (which is fair enough - rules is rules). I was happy with the previous team selection - the only improvement would be adding me :)

Seriously though, I think we need to identify the likely spy on each mission, and if the captain helped or hindered in his choices - I think VonPickles is a spy - he didn't need to go on the first mission, because he knew he was picking one or more fellow spies who could do his dirty work for him, and could claim innocence later. I also think it too much coincidence to have Bokke on both failed missions - was he Von Pickles puppet in the first mission? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 am 

Quote:
I voted late only because I was stuck at work after a night shift - usually finish at 8am (leaving enough time to vote) didn't finish until 10am
I did a quick check to for a potential slip up, and found that Monty had no posts on westgamer between "Forum: Forum Games Topic: Resistance PBF - DAWN 3 Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 am" and "Post subject: Re: Dreadball by Mantic up on Kickstarter Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 pm". That doesn't verify his story, but at least means I can't prove he was on WG and skipped voting.
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=m ... mit=Search
(Sorry Monty: "Trust, but verify" lol)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1113 Next