It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:35 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 pm 

Woot! :mrgreen:

Mafia thread for those who are interested, I will caution a language warning for those who do read it though for the most part, it is really just a commentary on what the Town had posted.

Man it was weird being Mafia, I've only been the bad guy in The Hobbit before and that's it. And I must admit, I may have felt slightly bad about setting people up for lynches that I knew could never work... But oh well :D

And the reason we didn't simply ask DH to join us on that last day was because we didn't trust that he was actually a Survivor. It would have been a cruel cruel trick to let everyone believe that you are a Survivor and then when they ask, vote against them. :oops:

Edit: I said it in the Mafia thread but always best that some things are made public, thanks for running the game Wyldcarde. :D

As far as game balance went, I thought it was good. Being Mafia, we were pretty lucky to have pinged MSL as Watcher on Night 1 (French guy in a Tower = Watcher) and successfully block Khorgor (Doc) every Night from 2 onwards. After ta=hat, it pretty well meant we could kill with very few hinderances apart from the self save DH had.

For those who are wondering, our cunning Mafia gameplan was pretty much to out post Town and in doing that, steer all discussions our way. For the most part it seemed to go well though after Day 3 there wasn't alot of "noise" we could make before it became completely redundant and a bit obvious.

Last edited by Brookesy on Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm 

I might have been over-paranoid with that, but we'd come so far!

I'd only been mafia in... Transformers and Marvel mafia. And both I got lynched fairly early on (day 1 in Transformers haha)

Also, I'm not Tim, I'm actually a good friend of Caesar's...and I've been visiting Khorgor every night since Night 2 :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:27 pm 

And may I just say being mafia is TERRIFYING!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:35 pm 

Quote:
And may I just say being mafia is TERRIFYING!
Scariest moment of the game hands down had to be when MSL arced up. And then to have Polar & I getting reviewed... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm 

Quote:
Paulfrank started the suspicion of Centurions, but in a very legitimate looking way. He has been playing what looks like a solid (noisy) town game, so I don't plan to spend a lot of time looking at him.

This was both the happiest and saddest thing.
Happy, because ohmygoodness I dodged a bullet.
Sad, because MSL never looks into me :P

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:42 pm 

Oh, and Brookesy and I were having a competition to see who could post the most...
The quicktopic is mostly just us yelling at each other, good times :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:46 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Paulfrank started the suspicion of Centurions, but in a very legitimate looking way. He has been playing what looks like a solid (noisy) town game, so I don't plan to spend a lot of time looking at him.
This was both the happiest and saddest thing.
Happy, because ohmygoodness I dodged a bullet.
Sad, because MSL never looks into me :P
You played it well PF. I reckon you blocked me night 1, then after I swung the town to the Polar vote Brookesy took me out while you were blocking Khorgor on night 2.
I was surprised you managed to make it through after voting vs Town but skipping the vote against Polar.

GG.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 pm 

So was I, but hey, "I wasn't online" :wink:

And BAHAHA! MSL just posted in the quicktopic:
Quote:
OUR HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN POSTS!!

Lord have mercy on our souls, I thought you were being noisy in the standard channel, and it turns out this is where the real party was.
We have lives...honest... :oops:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:05 am 

Haha classic. You were gonna start a lynch on me for getting a mammoth? :)

So did we have a cop?
IMO it was pretty unbalanced if we didn't.

Pretty annoyed at the guys who self voted. I wanted to just quote Khorgor's post about it with no other comments. Worst townies ever.

So how did you other townies buy the TNG lynch anyway? Wtf?? Not sure how any of you thought he was scum.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:20 am 

Quote:
So did we have a cop?IMO it was pretty unbalanced if we didn't.
I don't think so, you had:
-Tracker
-Watcher
-Doc
-6x Vanilla

Vs the Mafia:
-Roleblocker
-2x Vanilla (Godfather has no purpose without a Cop)

None of the Town power roles really contributed much to the game though. And no one tried to get any charts happening as to what player was doing on each night either. Whereas the Mafia roleblocker was on song from Night 1 taking the Watcher out of the game before being killed and then negating the Doc thereafter.
Quote:
Haha classic. You were gonna start a lynch on me for getting a mammoth?
Yep :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:29 am 

That's true. I kept playing as if an extra night was good for another cop investigation, but I suppose you guys were night killing/blocking as if there was one too haha

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:08 am 

Thoughts from the mod.

The game started with a town tracker and town watcher. Survivor had self save and Mafia had a roleblocker and godfather (which had no affect on the game)

At the end of night 1 khorgor came up with the best quote and earned himself doctor.

I think this was about right power wise.

Where it became unbalanced was the fact Msl ended up with watcher. He was always a big target so him dying meant not only did town lose a big player they lost one of their 3 powers.

Also paulfrank was roleblocker and unfortunately for town picked well. He got Msl night 1 then pretty much blocked khorgor the rest of the game.

The fact all power roles were revealed by day 2 didn't help town as well. Not sure why mister Bruce outed himself then. In retrospect that could have been a mistake as the mafia could pick their targets from then on.

Night 2 was unlucky for town. Matt watched khorgor who was visited by paulfrank the roleblocker. Unfortunately Matt was killed by brooksey and khorgor picked correctly and saved Matt but was blocked so Matt died.

Khorgor was unlucky as he picked 3 kills correctly but was blocked each time.

Where town really dropped the ball was on the mbtg lynch and the polar lynch.

I thought as soon as the polar lynch went through mafia were in deep trouble. With it going so close to deadline I thought it was a fair assumption that town would make that neither mafia were on the lynch, and least of all 1 mafia not on the lynch.

But come day phase the main focus was mbtg. Anyway, khorgor had revealed he was blocked and a night kill had occurred. Mbtg had been tracked and visited no one, yet he got lined up for the lynch. Unless he was ninja which in a small game is pretty unlikely, he couldn't have stayed home. But he was lynched anyway.

Then town lynched tng who had hammered the mafia godfather close to deadline. I think aenur said that made him look MORE scummy in his eyes? I don't want to be mafia with aenur!

The only player who even leveled any suspicion at pf or brooksey was Draco. I thought your posts and reasoning were very good, but you just had that new player lack of confidence. So hopefully this game helps to give you some confidence!

I know it's a lot different looking at things when you know the truth, but those were my observations.

Oh and pf and brooksey don't stop talking. It's hilarious. But it highlights the need for town to be vocal and active in the game. I think brooksey and paulfrank initiated every mislynch in the game. Brooksey even started the mbtg lynch with the intentions of having it fail and getting khorgor lynched somehow, Only to see the lynch succeed to much amusement by all.

So yeah whilst the powers were a bust, I think town had enough info to win.

I hope everyone enjoyed it and learnt a few things from it. I sure did.

Oh and mbtg, what were you playing at? Interesting tactic just declaring yourself the best lynch target over and over again, even when noone wanted to lynch you. :P

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 am 

Definitely the funniest moment in the game:
Quote:
TNG is definitely suspicious with his voting style and the fact he has a answer for EVERYTHING (see last page about him being on and offline).
Quote:
yeah because I'm town you twit.
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:06 pm 

A few comments from an outsider:

Wyldecarde, I think you're being a bit harsh on town not picking suspects from the Polar lynch (I don't know whether it applies in this case but in general it's much easier to see what people should have done when you have "mod-vision" as opposed to when you're working with incomplete information). At that stage of the game I thought there was a very real chance that khorgor was mafia. Even when Polar flipped, there was a chance that mafia had been on both sides of the vote and hoping to run things out for a no-lynch. Unless you accepted (or knew) that khorgor was actually the Doc then there was no guarantee that a roleblocker was involved, so MBTG wasn't off the hook for staying home. Even then, I think MBTG's posts and the way in which Mister-Bruce presented his info threw a few people, so I wasn't surprised by the MBTG lynch. The TNG lynch, though, hmmm.

paulfrank should consider himself lucky I wasn't playing. I know how often he's online and if he was town he would have found a way to get on and hammer Polar rather than risk a no lynch. I'd have started a lynch against him straight away.

I didn't pick Brookesy, though (I probably should have, that was you repeating the 32min thing on thatnicguy, wasn't it?). With the benefit of hindsight, I don't think Wylde did town any favours by extending the deadline.

I think generally town is a bit reliant on a few experienced players. I think it may be a bit easier for inexperienced mafia because at least they can consult each other. Inexperienced townies, though, have to develop their own skills and confidence. Once players like Draco and Mister_Bruce get a few more games under their belt, I'd expect to see a bit more variety than kill MSL/Malignant first.

P.S. This is actually me, not Draco forgetting I'm still logged in. :lol:

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:09 pm 

I'd pretty much thrown my lot in with the scum on the third morning. All the town powers were likely out on the table. I was pretty much sure the mafia wouldn't risk me having another save so I just had to stay out of trouble with town. Getting hit night one by the scum was quite possibly the best thing that could have happened to me.

I was guessing Brooksey and Aenur as the likely bad guys so well done PF. I didn't pick you until it was academic. Nice to see Brooksey didn't trust me even right at the end :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next