[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The Horus Heresy - A Mafia Game - MAFIA WIN! - Page 82 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:23 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 179 80 81 82 83 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 pm 

Wow. Congrats AO. Well played. You kept it cool all the way to the end. :) :) :)

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm 

BTW - to answer an earlier mystery...why did Russia come up as Town when I investigated him?.......He didnt. I lied. :oops:

I was a survivor and it suited me to have a Serial Killer floating around killing off other players :mrgreen: That's why I was making comments to Russia saying "I've investigated you & know what you really are...". I wanted Russia to know that I knew he wasnt town and was lying to everyone else so he wouldnt kill me.

Must have played a too town game because the mafia ended up nabbing me instead. Oh well.

Fun read lads & thanks Mike for putting the time in to set up the game.

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 pm 

GO ADVANCEOP!!! That was amazing to watch knowing who it was :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm 

I lied about gambit. I tracked him but for nothing.
I knew I was going down if someone else didn't.
I also had sound theory as to why he was mafia but knew noone would listen.

Also Russia and mafia targeted me the same night as each other and dropped me. Russia sure was pro town....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm 

Thanks guys. That was one heck of a ride.

I was panicking day one watching all my potential RCs getting snapped up, and quite a few of them were fakes as well!! With Aza & Brayo calling out Traitor Legions I decided my strategy from day two was to hide in plain sight. I was also supposed to be the first thrown under the bus :wink:

I also read the wiki Roleblocker summary (top right) only which said Alignment: Any. I didn't read the full text which says "Roleblocker is probably the most common Mafia power role". So, I had to wing it. As the game rolled on I realised how powerful Roleblocker could be in the hands of Town in the late game. Blocking Russia with a kill still happening seemed to give me a ironclad alibi.

One thing I will say is a spreadsheet is a very handy thing. I can see why MSL uses one. I don't think I could have managed it from memory alone, and at the end there I was planning kills two days ahead of time, and adjusting as the days went past.

Good try Cents & Hat... Well deserved "I told you so"s. I thought you guys were going to nail me, especially when I had to take Centurions out to keep the majority. I still don't believe town went for the Hat over MbtG :P

The Black Legion player in me just had to leave Sigismund to last :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 pm 

Congratulations Advanceop! But why o why did I have to get killed Night 1, it looked like so much fun. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:40 am 

Well played advanceop. Very much a game of, I told you so from day 2. Nice to be listened too, but I was captain fail I suppose when I died. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:15 am 

Quote:
I lied about gambit. I tracked him but for nothing.
I knew I was going down if someone else didn't.
I also had sound theory as to why he was mafia but knew noone would listen.

Also Russia and mafia targeted me the same night as each other and dropped me. Russia sure was pro town....
I knew it!! But it was too good a lie- I was executioner etc

Mafia started with only 3 and a kill or recruit thingo. I did nothing basically all game. Did nothing night one as drsn0 was after me and then died

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 am 

Can we get a final list of who had what? It seemed like investigative powers were off the chart.. I was all set to have a balance whinge and then dave went and won it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:27 am 

Mafia started with
Vorag- godfather
Advancedop - roleblocker
Gambit - strongman(not executioner) but only 2 shot

Vorag then inherited a cult ability, but it seemed like we could not make a kill and a recruit in the same night.

There were abilities out the wazoo, I'm just glad I did not have to follow it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 am 

My spread sheet for running this game is massive! Lots of powers and I am amazed how many days it went for as with all the killing roles I was expecting a bloody first couple of days. Instead I got the opposite!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:37 am 

Quote:
We had it all wrong DH!! We had it all wrong! :cry:

I thought Advanceop couldn't have been the last mafia BECAUSE he'd used his roleblock on a night there was a kill. But because he was the last mafia he could both use his power AND make the factional kill
Quote:
Spot on paulfrank!
Is this common? I haven't ever been on the scum team and have the last player get to go to a two power use. Well I guess you know what they say about making assumptions. If anyone had thrown this up as a possibility we should have got over the line. Having the Hat as one of the last four kinda sucked too. His RC was an aberration. Was he the only non-sm legion character in the game?

Well played Dave!! It must have just about felt hopeless there when your team was copping a shellacking in the first 4 days.

I'm not surprised you left me until the end, I feel like I should get half victory points or something in this one :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am 

Interesting game.

Town played well to start with and then the cult made us all super paranoid and assumptions took over.

Assuming there was no more mafia and we were hunting cultists. Assuming that mafia could only use their power or make a kill. Assumptions won out in the end.

But good work Dave.

And yes there was a lot of investigative powers, but they didn't count for much due to the presence of the cult. Without the cult threat I doubt I would have been lynched, Dave would have been lynched a lot earlier.

It goes to show how strong a cult can potentially be as any previous results are basically thrown out and you start from scratch.

Apologies to wandering fool as well. That was a huge fail on my part as at that stage of the game our one remaining investigation power was so much more powerful then Msl due to the cult threat. It would have been interesting to see how the game unfolded if that played out different.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 am 

[quote="Disembodied Head]Well played Dave!! It must have just about felt hopeless there when your team was copping a shellacking in the first 4 days.
[/quote]

Yep. Read back through the posts and you'll see I actually said "I don't expect to last more than a couple of days" when talking about my RC and power.

I was also kind of surprised no one picked up on me stating "I'm the only one with the power to stop the mafia"... but somehow managed to not get killed off each night :)

I'm curious as to what behaviour change Russia thought he saw in my play style. Although its also true that I have ramped up my efforts over the last 3 games, and would have been contributing the same way if I was town.

If my kill targets seemed odd they were all driven by keeping control of the kill, eliminating those that were unsure about me even after the AO vs Russia, eliminating people with active roles (and spreadsheets!) and keeping players I thought were minimal in contribution. Hat was absolutely spot on but his case was always my role alone.

MbtG was the wild card. I didn't know which way he was going to swing so was trying to get him to vote hat so i could hammer the vote. I was a little worried when he said he was going to go back through the thread but confident he would come to the same conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 am 

Good game, thanks for running it Mike.
Well, they may have sneaked out a win, but at least I did my share of cult hunting in my role of Constantin Valdor!
Quote:
Quote:
I thought Advanceop couldn't have been the last mafia BECAUSE he'd used his roleblock on a night there was a kill. But because he was the last mafia he could both use his power AND make the factional kill
Is this common? I haven't ever been on the scum team and have the last player get to go to a two power use.
No it's not common; it was understandable you took his using a power on the same night that a kill happened as proof he wasn't the person who did the kill. There wasn't a lot more to work on at that stage.

We had good lynch after good lynch, but with a Cult in the game as well as mafia it was always going to be an uphill struggle.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 179 80 81 82 83 Next