[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Pokemafia! Town Victory! - Page 61 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:47 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 62 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am 

I can't remember what I said in the quick topic but I don't think you cheated or believe you cheated in anyway

Post subject: Pokemafia! Town Victory!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 am 

I had a great time in this game, so thanks to The hat for a great one.

I have seen worse stuff in other threads as mafia, and I'm sure other people have too. I have to agree with Mal, that his playstyle is in no way boring. I find his mafia posts and opinions to be really entertaining.

I'm really surprised this hasn't come up before. People talk about Mal's playstyle and use words like "psychic". Couple that with the fact that everyone (including me) probably thought you mods have every pm and post forwarded to you to look over.

For the record, I think Luke's a rad dude and very switched on, and I don't think he reads mafia pm's. Watch people at a football game and see if their opinions about an umpire's calls are 100% fair and balanced. The same concerns would be voiced about any of the mods if they were as exceptional as Luke at mafia, and something said in context should be read in context.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 am 

Quote:
I readily admit I had quite a detailed post attacking MSL "appearing as town" that relied heavily on quotes from the action hero mafia quicktopic. If I hadn't kept being under fire myself it could have gained traction as some town players had already indicated they were open to that line of thought.

I was making a lot less effort to 'appear town' in this game, as I was actively trying to court at least one or two votes against me a day so mafia might leave me alive until I'd mapped enough powers and actions to declare most of the players safe or suspcious. It worked for just long enough.

Some of our more active players do have a bit of a "Witch Trial" problem though, and you can see it come up in both the scumchat and this thread.

Either mafia kill you early in the game, or Townies will lynch you because of how suspicious it is that the Mafia haven't killed you yet.

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 am 

Yeah not evolving was initially a pain but once i figured how i could use my power in an investigative manner it changed up how i was looking at things.

Looking at a few of the interactions etc from this game my Batman Inc game is getting some more thorough testing to make sure combos cant be abused beyond what I intended.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:51 am 

Good Idea.

This Mafia was certainly a learning experience for me. I imagine i will steer clear of role madness games in the future. I'm too disorganized to do them justice. That and the fact i'm currently writing a D&D campaign and completing assignments really tested my modding.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 am 

What was the deciding factor in removing the save/s from the mafia? Was it a balance issue or was it after drsno bombed mal? Did you think that would affect town?

I earnt a self save when I became vileplume so for me looking back it might have been a closer game with a save on the mafia?

Not a critic obviously, like you say your really busy and I know that ;) tough call to make

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 am 

If it makes you feel any better MSL - I'm sure if Mal hadn't got Orange day one we would have tried to kill you first up :D

Our main problem was target proliferation as Mal alluded to day one. You guys were confirming each other a lot faster than we could knock you down. Even knocking over aza on night three didn't seem to cast any doubt on the players who said they were going to visit him.

We went pretty well after Night one getting stopped by Brayo...
Got the tracker which made our smog a lot safer
Got the role absorber
Got the Doc

Just the pool of possible scum was shrinking pretty fast by that stage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 am 

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better MSL - I'm sure if Mal hadn't got Orange day one we would have tried to kill you first up :D
Gee, thanks.

Future mafia, here's the droid you're looking for! Look, wyldcarde is self confessed ace-mafia-hunter, you can't survive long with him in the game for long :D
Quote:
So nic how many mafia did I trip up in the end?

I believe I caught 3 out lying :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:24 am 

Got to remember though, had I not screwed up being the cult leader, town would have had 2 things to worry about. As it was from day 1 they only had mafia to scrounge out making there job decisively easier, especially after losing a couple straight away.

Post subject: Pokemafia! Town Victory!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 am 

Who did you try to recruit, centurions?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am 

Haha that's funny Matt. Tho hittin mafia with 3 out of 5 uses of my power is a pretty good strike rate.
I was trying to draw a kill in all honesty. My power was average so I was trying to make as much noise as possible, draw a kill to give one of our big powers another night.

Who did you target cent?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:33 am 

Think he said dh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 am 

Yeah, stayed away from the big 3. Mal, Russia and matt and wylde was talking a lot so wanted to target someone who had already rc'd. Picked dh unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 pm 

Quote:
What was the deciding factor in removing the save/s from the mafia? Was it a balance issue or was it after drsno bombed mal? Did you think that would affect town?

I earnt a self save when I became vileplume so for me looking back it might have been a closer game with a save on the mafia?

Not a critic obviously, like you say your really busy and I know that ;) tough call to make
The deciding factor was the realisation that all self saves do for mafia is draw out the game. They get lynched and town get stalled then maybe lynched again and the mafia kill someone at night. It seemed a cheap way to extend the mafia's life.
Quote:
Got to remember though, had I not screwed up being the cult leader, town would have had 2 things to worry about. As it was from day 1 they only had mafia to scrounge out making there job decisively easier, especially after losing a couple straight away.
This was that thing in your mind when you make a game saying "well it will all go pear shaped if the cult leader recruits a mafia night one". aaaaaaaaaand it happened. So as a result the mafia and town were unbalanced because they were equipped to deal with 2 opponents each and not one. Needless to say this was all part of the game balance.

There are so many things to factor in and it's difficult to balance a game that has the word "madness" in it's description. Some mods have doe it really well.

The main factor that threw it out fo wack was the fact i made up my own powers and they got used in a way i hadn't conceived.

BUT

As long as everyone had fun i'm happy :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 pm 

Thanks Hat I had a ball. There's still some Mafia game strategies that I just don't get but I love the uncertainty introduced with the new elements.

What did you have on store for Hypno? I was in part looking forward to it, and in part dreading losing watcher and having town think I was lying all along :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 62 Next