Welcome to the Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Mafia game! In this game players take the role of one of the most ruthless scum in the Star Wars universe, working for the Galactic Empire to amass personal reputation and credits to become the most feared and powerful hunter in the galaxy. Beware however, there are Rebel spies posing as hunters also that must be rooted out and executed - and the Empire does not take kindly to failure!
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Mafia - Special Rules
There are 2 ways to win Star Wars: Bounty Hunter mafia.
- Be the last surviving Bounty Hunter with all Rebel spies (mafia) killed
- Be a Rebel spy (mafia) in control of the game (total number of spies equal or outnumber the other surviving players).
The game will continue until one of these conditions are reached. Note that if you are a Bounty Hunter you will need to work with the other hunters to destroy the Rebels, but other than that it's every man for himself!
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Mafia features a slightly different phase structure to normal mafia games. Players are permitted to post in thread during each phase, meaning that everyone can be engaged in the game at all times with no boring waits until the next day begins! The 2 phases are as follows:
- During the Hunt phase, players vote on lynches and can fulfil the conditions of any contracts they carry. They may also use any abilities available to use during the Hunt phase.
- During the Fleet phase, players bid on contracts and may visit the Fleet vendors or the Black Market to purchase items with any credits in their posession. They may also use any abilities available to use during the Fleet phase.
Credits, Fleet Vendors and the Black Market
- Each player will begin the game with a variable number of Imperial credits known only to them. These credits are your currency in game and can be spent during the Fleet phase to bid on available contracts, or to purchase items.
- You may also use your credits if you wish to trade or bargain with another player, but only during the Fleet Phase.
- A small selection of items granting in-game abilities will be available for purchase by all players during each Fleet phase. Unless stated otherwise, all items are unique and one use only. The items available will change each day.
- The first player to post in thread that they are purchasing an item will receive a confirmation from the mod (in thread and by PM) and the appropriate credits deducted from their balance.
- Items may also be purchased in secret via the Black Market. Any item that is available during a Fleet phase may be purchased at a cost of double the standard price in credits by sending a PM to the game mod rather than posting in thread. The mod will then confirm the purchase via PM and the appropriate credits will be deducted from the player balance. A notification will be then posted in thread that the item is no longer available, but not who has obtained it.
Trading or Bargaining with other Players
- You may make deals with other players at any time for goods, services, information, etc. Any goods (items or credits) may only be exchanged with other players during the Fleet phase.
- All agreements of a non-physical nature (such as a promise to perform a particular action in the future) are non-binding and entered into at the risk of the players!
- Contracts are special assignments on the orders of the Empire that may be completed during the Hunt phase of each day. The task to be completed and the reward on offer for doing so will vary from contract to contract.
- Each Fleet phase, one or more contracts will be offered up to player bidding. Only a general description of the contract will be posted, along with details of the associated reward.
- All bids must be made in Imperial Credits. Players may not bid more than their current Credit balance.
- If no other player can or will beat the current bid by the deadline posted, then the contract is "won" by the high bidding player.
- Any contracts not bid on will be allocated to a random player at the end of the current Fleet phase.
- Players winning a bid for a contract may not bid on another contract until the conditions for their current one are met and the contract completed, or it expires.
- Contracts may be held by players until completed or until their deadline has passed.
- Any player participating in a successful lynch of a Rebel spy will receive a bonus Credit reward from the Galactic Empire for their good work.
- The players who cast the first and last (hammer) vote for a successful lynch of a spy will receive double the standard bonus.
The game will begin in the Hunt Phase of Day 1.