[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Action hero mafia - Game over! Mafia and survivor win. - Page 41 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4345 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:43 am 

I can confirm what the hat says... I saw him visit matt shadowlord.

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 am 

Good call telling the truth about who you targeted when you know you've been seen, Mr Hat. :D

I'm not sure that's going to bolster your case much though. Just looking at the maths today, with 3 unconfirmed remaining and all sensible assumptions being that 2 of them are mafia, there's about 66% chance you're one. And you'd like us to think the most logical thing a townie tracker could do is be the 300th person to track/watch/cop/check/follow me instead of one of the teeny tiny amount of remaining unconfirmed targets?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 am 

Quote:
Well i'd like to be the first to say, told you so about Bruno when he came out and said who he was and that I believed him. If I were town i would be looking at who pushed the lynch through on him. admittedly he did use different terminology than what the datapad provided, however still fitted his claim.
Hindsight is 20/20 but votes are an invididual decision. We all say many things in discussions, at the end all that matters is how you voted so thinking your initial objections gets you off santa's naughty list might be a little optimistic :D

BTW I think you may have forgotten to do something you said you were going to do last night. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 am 

:oops: yeah, forgot the ray bans. went searching in ruins last night with my whip. found something handy that Mass can use again if he'd like. I gifted similiar to him before.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 am 

Whoops.

At 4 v 2 Today is important to get right. I'm out atm but plan to do a thorough look at h and d later. Feel free to 3rd degree in the meantime ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 pm 

Well msl, you've had all day to think of something to say in regards to the 2 people you visited. Who and what did they do? Interesting though,

Mass tracks hat
Hat tracks msl
Msl visits 2 people.

That's 5 of 6 that can be accounted for.

For what it's worth town, the hat is my suspects but you'll have to provide good reasons to have him lynched. There is practically 24 hrs left and discussions stalled all day after msl's post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:54 pm 

I tracked the hat after the cyber eye thing came out but the more I thunk about it the more I think he is not our guy...

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 pm 

Hi, back
FWIW by 3rd degree I meant give each other a good ole fashioned grilling and bring out the thumbscrews, rather than observe a 7 hour long moment of silence out of respect for the fallen townies. :)
Quote:
Mass tracks hat
Hat tracks msl
Msl visits 2 people.
That's 5 of 6 that can be accounted for.
For what it's worth town, the hat is my suspects but you'll have to provide good reasons to have him lynched.
Actually it's only 4 of 6 accounted for: One I visited is on the suspect list (Drsn0), another was already dead (aenur) and so is discharged from the investigation. I may have hinted at the ability already but because it would have been hard to guess that I visited 2 people I am assuming hat is telling the truth about having used a tracking item/power last night.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 pm 

Compiling notes now
TBH I am wrestling with this one because I know exactly how it works; the only thing worse than being dead in mafia is being wrong, and if we get it wrong at this stage I know who's going to get most of the blame. :lol:
But never mind, it's all part of the fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 pm 

5th one is me. I went item hunting in the ruins and have hinted at what I found, and if I survive today and mass survives tonight then he can confirm what i found.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:44 am 

Less then 12 hours til deadline. Just saying

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 am 

I know, mafia playing this very well and town are letting them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:25 am 

I was waiting for a response but will just charge on instead. Don't worry Mr Mod, we will get you your lynch vote :D

Action Heroes! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 am 

After finishing this, I am tactically postponing releasing my other 2 investigations.

Investigating Adrian "The Hat"

This comes in THREE! parts. The first goes all the way back and has a lot of text, second is brief about last night, and for those with A.D.D. the third is short and has pictures!

To set the stage, before roles were assigned The Hat said "I now have a desk job so i should be able to participate on a better level", but in reality once the game started he didn't said very much, so there aren't all that many posts to go through and the few there are are very short.

Day 1:
There was a rapid lynch vote pushed against James Heald. At 7 out of 9, I questioned the lynch vote as being anything but solid
Quote:
Quote:
Seems solid enough vote: James Heald
Seems solid enough?? Seriously, I don't see it. I am 100% in favour of a lynch vote today, but honestly the case vs JH seems really flimsy, and it's only made worse (IMHO anyway) by the fact that Brooksey initiated it.
I had James flagged as a suspect early on for being too quiet, but his post when he finally made it is pretty typical of him. He often does fairly empty posts when town.
TheHat then threw in an 8th vote - saying it was going ahead whether the evidence was reasonable or not!
Quote:
Vote: James Heald
At this point he's going to hang anyway. Reasonable evidence or no.
See: http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p330543

Shortly after which I was finally able to get it to pause long enough for us to find out the truth about his inventor ability (confirmed by Malignant of all people, but still confirmed). Note it was 8 out of 9 votes at this stage, and the fact I didn't vote against him is he only reason JH is still in the game.
See: http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 53#p330553

Hat then without any justifying reason changed his vote to BW.
Quote:
Quote:
I bet the mafia aren't even involved. Any time i've been on the mafia side they've generally stayed quiet Day 1.
Just to get the ball rolling
Unvote: James Heald
Vote: Blindwitness
So thats another vote for me with zero explanation
Blindwitness was lynched and flipped town.

Day 2 - The vote vs Malignant

Day 2's highlight was the vote against Malignant. The Hat stayed completely out of any discussion, joining the lynch with a 2 word "Vote: Malignant" post that raised suspicions immediately.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm most definitely town, but I don't see me successfully arguing a supposed cop investigation. So this day looks like another fail.
Interesting that Mass comes out with this like a bull at the gate without allowing more RCs or sharing of info. Might want to hold your horses there folks or it truly will be another day wasted.
Sure; Massaen could be lying, he could have faked the result just to see how you respond or he could even be Mafia. But Mafia don't win by doing one for one trades because they'd run out of players much quicker than Town.
I'd put money on Massaen telling the truth, because has a much more "straight-and-narrow" approach to the game than some people, not mentioning any names :D
Hat later joined the vote after Malignant's post, but 'forgot' to Role Call.
Quote:
Quote:
Vote: Malignant
Just get out of the team meeting lads?
Quote:
Oh right oops. I can RC now if people want?
He then 'forgot' to ask someone else to Role call.
Quote:
Quote:
Who;s left to RC ive lost track
Pssst, scroll up. :wink:
And later was still struggling to do so.
Quote:
I was waiting to call the next RC but i need to make a list because i don't know who is who at this point
Was saved from trouble over this by Sensual Lettuce's even bigger stuff-up (rc in a different thread)

Day 3
Did not vote vs Aza (who flipped mafia)

Was accused of popping on immediately after the night kills are announced, which I don't think is really conclusive in anyway but his reply was interesting in contrast to his extremely low post rate.
Quote:
I don't know when the day is starting, how could i? What a wild leap of logic. Also i didn't realize posting was compulsory every time you looked at the topic. My new job enables me to look at the thread a lot more, but it doesn't make me any better at playing the game. Hence the looking and no posting. I'm not as good at dissecting posts as others.
Day 4
A third 'get it over with' lynch vote without a real reason.
Quote:
Vote: Aenur
Looks like he's hanging anyway
Quote:
Quote:
I came up for air! There's a lot to catch up on.
That's true. One of the highlights is we've found lynching people flying under the radar still successful in this modern day and age, netting us a mafia and a contract killer in a row. Just saying. :)
Which brings us to last night, when he was caught visiting me in the night.
Quote:
Well, I tracked someone last night... And saw who they visited... Care to explain TheHat???
Quote:
I'ts funny because i also tracked someone and saw who HE visited! So how should we handle the reveals?
Quote:
Well i saw you- Matt-Shadowlord visit 2 people. Neither of which died.
I think he is actually telling the truth in this last one, and the power he used on me actually was Tracking . However whatever he says now, I think it's obvious that it is much more likely a 1xShot item than a Town Tracker, or there would have been a whole pile of results - we are 8 silent days in to the game.
In fact, while the usual assumption is this means he clamed tracker, he actually hasn't.
Moving on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 am 

Night 7 - A quick look at ThatNicGuy's Death
We now have to move away from what The Hat has said because it has been so little, and have a look at what happened yesterday. ThatNicGuy lead a very strong push vs TheHat. It failed, but he was successful in convincing several people to vote and several others that TheHat should be a prime suspect. Had it not been for some seeming inconsistencies in Brunificus story, a strange power (activated faith healer) and the odd conflict about berries and herbal remedies TheHat would definitely have been voted out yesterday. Which I guess is my way of saying Sorry Brunificus :(
Quote:
If massaen is confident msl is town the only thing I'm worried about is is the mafia is the hat and drsno.
If it is these two and we vote brunificus we could be in trouble
Quote:
I could be well wrong, should be catching up with the hat soon, he can bitch-slap me then if I am ;)
vote: the hat
I expected to be killed last night, and failing that thought Massaen was out (maybe jh). At this stage of the game its crazy to leave confirmed townies in -unless you think they are less likely to vote against you than an unconfirmed townie.
So either TNG was killed to stop the lynch of Hat today, or he was killed to make it look like he was killed to stop the lynch of the Hat as an elaborate frame. Occam's razor says the simplest answer is often correct, and while it could be a frame if TNG was still alive we wouldn't even be discussing it: He'd have probably kicked off the lynch right away.

IMHO this is a devious game and TNG's death wouldn't be conclusive by itself, but adds to the pile of info.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4345 Next