[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
The Simpsons "Mini" Mafia II - Mafia Win - Page 15 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 pm 

I'm not dismissing it--it just hasn't given us anything solid.

I'm highly suspicious of those two, I have been since the beginning. If i had to pick, it would be James Heald. The Hat is always quiet, it's his thing. I can't see any reason James should be if he claims no power.

So here's my money where my mouth is:

Vote: James Heald

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm 

Alrightee we have a game on our hands!

James - A reporter checks a player's house to find out if they are home. Anyone doing something during the night is not home. Go check mafia-wiki. Being Vanilla town you should have been home....So now either your lying or SL is?

If SL is lying he's implicated TNG as well by stating TNG was home when investiagted. So lynching you tells me about 3 players.

You are also high on my suspect list as your playstyle is different than in previous games where I've seen you be town heading towards a lynch. Plus I'm all for lynching a quite player today. Therefore:

Vote James Heald

@ the Hat, IF your vanilla town then we need your vote today as we are very close...

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:00 pm 

Vote:james heald

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:22 pm 

vote: James heald

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm 

DEAD - James Heald / Barney Gumble / Vanilla / TOWN

Mafia win this one.

Just a few notes... yes there was a lot of Vanilla Town players in this one, but its because the roles themselves are actually vanilla characters :P

McBain was going to be the hero of the story, although, got killed by his own people :(

Too many non active powers, bullet proof (Apu) Vengeful Aenur (well done on your day 1 guesses btw)

Unfortunatly, Sensual RC'd as Kent Brockman's daughter, and didn't see the glaring failure in RC's... Rod Flanders, why would there be only one child ?

There's a few other things, but yeah, this was literally slapped together the night it went to air :)

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 pm 

Hooray for the mafia, quick hammer for the win!

Aenur almost had it right. How he guessed it from one post I'll never know.

I actually was Surly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:04 pm 

Townsfolk were a little rusty on this one!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 pm 

Also thanks for running it Aza, it was nice to redeem myself after being in the 'Worst. Mafia. Ever.' in the last Simpsons mini-mafia.

But yes, we hardly had to do a thing... either people are bored of forum mafia, or have become paranoid of being lynched that they don't post, but when the town doesn't make conversation it makes the mafia's life very easy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm 

Well done mafai! Nicely played lads. Looks like I got it wrong at every corner :oops:

To provide to constructive comments (& please these are not meant to be taken personally)
- Town needs to post! It's a boring game when you dont...its no fun to play with yourself...
- I really think that non-posters should have been penalised, and this should be more strictly mod enforced in the future.
- I'm not sure that the game balance was right with the town powers.

@ Orange / Cent / TNG - considering I was blabbing for most of the game, did that make me more or less of a target. I'm assuming less, as a town player you can latch onto is handy for mafia. Intersted in your night time conversations & perhaps these comments might make people less afraid to post for fear of getting lynched. (lets hope they are not bored of mafia!)

Final note - can anyone explain why SL's results came up as they did stating a town player is not at home? I dont get it...

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:50 pm 

I think as a rule I general want to leave anyone who is suggesting people for lynches but isn't terribly accurate.

Especially if a person they are suggesting to lynch is still alive and not mafia.

SL didn't actually get a not at home result on JH, he was roleblocked.

I got really lucky, I had 2x roleblock, I blocked polar night one. Night two I decided to not use my power because we didn't know who had what. By night 3 we knew SL was reporter so I blocked him :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 pm 

I have my ways Orange ;)

If people had listened to me from day one - probably would have had it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:04 pm 

That was an interesting game for sure.

The circular thinking really is messing with some people's heads. Aenur spoke up naming 2 of the 3 Mafia and dies, though no one can be sure if he is on the money or just killed to make them look bad. I push to follow aenurs targets cos they seem about right and are vocal, so die and with us picking the town out of The three it made it tough to follow up on.

Then Msl takes over and dies too.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:09 pm 

Probably would have helped if I'd made a list of who was what character but I was trying to go off general game play instead. As there s usually a few curve balls thrown in by the mod.

But yeah the lack of posting doesn't help.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:34 am 

GG Mafia.
A couple of investigative powers to get the clue juice flowing in the daytime would have been really handy (and might have contributed to town activity too, since there would be something of substance to talk about), but it's impossible to criticise a game thrown together at short notice and started so quickly so thanks Aza.

As for activity levels, I just made a post in the Mod thread for a new mechanism that might help improve them in future. Or speed up the game, either way it's a win :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm 

intention was to have players post each day, although didn't realise i didn't have that rule in the copy / paste rules, from the front page...
so i just left it.

Still, i think that would have ust made it worse for the town... self kills :P

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15