It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:01 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next
 Post subject: Re: Bloodbowl mini mafia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:00 pm 

Quote:
and you said you don't like to metagame.
of course that's only when you get targeted.

funnily enough I have also been mafia with centurions. I will have a re-look through his posts and yours vesh when I finish work today (hopefully after lunch or so for those looking at the clock)
You're right. I don't like it. But we don't really have a lot of other options at this stage do we? We can't afford to lynch more town, and I would rather not be on the losing side because of our inability to lynch mafia scum.

I prefer not to meta game, but If I have to, I'd rather meta game with facts than alleged responses that others have done. Just because my tea cup is orange, doesn't mean if you squeeze it, orange juice comes out...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

Post subject: Bloodbowl mini mafia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 pm 

I don't understand the orange thing at all. :lol:

If you don't want to lynch another townie, don't lynch me. I'm kinda at a loss as to who is mafia here but, Vesh and centurions seem like likely candidates to me. Also, the more I think about it, blind seems like he may be mafia. He went after sensual pretty hard and his first comment today was to vote for me. That's 2 townies he's gone hard at. 1 of which has already been confirmed town, the other (me) will flip town if lynched.

Guys, if you're town, at least put a bit of thought into it before voting. I don't wanna be the one to seal a town loss because I couldn't argue my way out of a mis-lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure about this guys. My eye is on vesh atm. I'm of the firm belief that meta gaming is a better lynch excuse on the first day unless there's a double RC.
Shouldn't that be lynch reason not lynch excuse?
Thats a pretty telling misstatement.
I still think this was a pretty damning slip up on swirlys part especially since his explanation was weak. I'll fully admit that I was wrong starting that lynch on sensual day one but I thought my reasoning was solid, day one lynches are hard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:06 pm 

I want to know the race of both Brayo and Swirly because I don't think hiding your race now is necessary. Depending on what they say will determine which way I will vote. IF there is anyone else that hasn't revealed their race can they also please do so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure about this guys. My eye is on vesh atm. I'm of the firm belief that meta gaming is a better lynch excuse on the first day unless there's a double RC.
Shouldn't that be lynch reason not lynch excuse?
Thats a pretty telling misstatement.
I still think this was a pretty damning slip up on swirlys part especially since his explanation was weak. I'll fully admit that I was wrong starting that lynch on sensual day one but I thought my reasoning was solid, day one lynches are hard.
It's easy to admit you were wrong after he flipped town. Well I was right on that one, before AND after the lynch. Will you use the same excuse after I flip town?

My explanation for using a less appropriate word was solid. They're two similar meanings and if anyone cares to look, I have used the word "excuse" instead of "reason" in many other games in the same context, not just this one. I think you picking me up on it was a mafia member looking for a possible lynch on a townie, but it's your extremely selective meta-gaming that's the most damning for me.

vote: blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 pm 

I'm human, bretonian if it makes a difference.

Swirly you are playing different - that I can tell.

I can understand a day one mislynch but day two..... not as much

vote swirly

Perth WMH Champs! Facebook Link!
Warmachine and Hordes West Oz Facbook group

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:41 pm 

Quote:
I'm human, bretonian if it makes a difference.

Swirly you are playing different - that I can tell.

I can understand a day one mislynch but day two..... not as much

vote swirly
Am I playing the same as when I was mafia with you?
I've been more aggressive this game, yes. Would I be trying on the aggressive hat if I was mafia? No.

I have already said that I'm the same race as someone else. Which is a seemingly damning admission already. At this stage that person hasn't really shown up on anyone else's radar and probably looks more town than me.
If I reveal my race, it's more likely to look bad for me than the other guy. That is, until I flip town. I'll reveal it tomorrow if I survive until then, it might get us a second mafia. Otherwise do me a favor and lynch him when you match up our races. Or blind, as I'm pretty sure he's mafia too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm 

Quote:
I don't understand the orange thing at all. :lol:

If you don't want to lynch another townie, don't lynch me. I'm kinda at a loss as to who is mafia here but, Vesh and centurions seem like likely candidates to me. Also, the more I think about it, blind seems like he may be mafia. He went after sensual pretty hard and his first comment today was to vote for me. That's 2 townies he's gone hard at. 1 of which has already been confirmed town, the other (me) will flip town if lynched.

Guys, if you're town, at least put a bit of thought into it before voting. I don't wanna be the one to seal a town loss because I couldn't argue my way out of a mis-lynch.
Coming hard at? Pot, meet kettle, it's black

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 pm 

End of Round 5

Nothing has happened, just a few quick passes.

Round 6 has begun - Deadline 930pm Wednesday.

Non posting Warning: James Heald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 pm 

Dead - Blindwitness - Mafia Goon.

Named Hob the Valiant
The Bright Crusaders Thrower
Round 6 has Ended

Last edited by DarthProph on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm 

See that Bob

You better believe it Jim, first death all game

Well there was the Ref...

First kill that counts Jim

A nice double play, first the gutter runner tried to run through the legs of the Human thrower, headbutting the throwers nuts in the process. Then the rest of the Skaven tagged teamed and spear tackled his head into the ground

I could hear the snap from here Jim
Round 7 has started

Round 7 ends Friday 9pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm 

Ok. I know this is early in the day, but info hasn't been coming through this game, so I'm going to pounce on something I noticed...

Vote: swirly

Early, but here's my reasoning.

1. He's been gunning for me all game. Yes, I've been absent a bit, but with closing down ALL of our Eastern Operations, that is to be expected. I am a firm believer in not meta gaming, however, when it is done, one should measure one's actions against their previous actions, not others. My absence does not mean I am mafia, it means I am busy.

2. Swirly's play - by his own admission - has changed styles. Unusual for him to play this way, when he would normally take a back seat. He has been leading the charge on some things, and I think it's high time that we stop and look at what he has achieved. One dead mafia - on a night kill no less... Which brings me to point number three.

3. Read the below quote:
Quote:
@sensual: I don't believe either of you are mafia atm. It's early days so I don't feel too strongly about it yet though :D I admit your RC looks suss but I've seen weirder ones. Also, blind started the lynch on you (I think) and if you're not mafia then it's a rare thing for mafia to start a lynch on a townie this early in the game. And if you are mafia then it makes no sense that he is too, unless he's trying to set himself up with a solid alibi. Probably unlikely.
To me that screams out he's mafia. Of course he knows that Sensual wasn't mafia, as you know who your buddies are. And what better way to save your own skin than lynch one of your own - as he's suggested, but when the lynch failed to get through, night kill, and show the town that you were right on your suspicions? Almost gives you a free pass for the remainder of the game.

Of course - he could be a cop... But if he was, surely he would have stated as much by now to get the lynch on blind...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 pm 

mothe@#%$%!

vote swirly

Perth WMH Champs! Facebook Link!
Warmachine and Hordes West Oz Facbook group

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 pm 

Quote:
mothe@#%$%!

vote swirly
Care to elaborate?

"The fastest way to ruin a hobby is to make it your career."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:47 am 

Wait what.....

You guys are seriously lynching someone who was aimed for by blindness?
The guy who Just flipped mafia? Err... That makes no sense.

And vesh... Just stop with the work spiel. It's seriously getting old.

And brayo... Huh? Also remember that doesn't count as a post for the day :-D

Proud member of the west coast brewers

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next