[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
HEROES Mafia - Game Over: Mafia + Survivor win - Page 35 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 pm 

Quote:
Yep, it seems so.

You keep making the same mistakes when you play as mafia. ;)
Not all the same mistakes :) I knew to shank you in the night phase this time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, it seems so.

You keep making the same mistakes when you play as mafia. ;)
Not all the same mistakes :) I knew to shank you in the night phase this time.
I guess I'll pay that. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:36 pm 

I picked up on some of the same things as malignant but then I was recruited before I said anything which was pretty funny and lucky

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 pm 

Well fun game but annoying to watch from the outside

First time I have been lynched for having too much knowledge :-D

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:44 pm 

I honestly thought brooksy was playing

Stupid tapatalk

Perth WMH Champs! Facebook Link!
Warmachine and Hordes West Oz Facbook group

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:08 am 

that was one of the funnier moments.

So for this game I played it a little like role madness but with a bit of a twist. So every character had a power, however some of these powers had to be activated.

So as such there were 5 or 6 vanilla townies, but they could gain powers over the course of the game, mainly by being recruited by the mafia but would also provide sylar with powers if successfully killed by him.

In regards to Sylar, he was an even night serial killer that obtained the power of the target he killed. He started with a 1x commuter that would be used up night 1 and a 1x deathproof. As it was it worked out pretty much perfect for polar. He targeted nikki Saunders night 2 gaining 1x strongman, which he wisely used night 4 targetting claire bennet gaining an additional 1x deathproof. If blindwitness didn't pick him up as guilty it would have been mighty interesting. As it was his guilty verdict meant town had to waste 3 days to lynch him, gifting the win to mafia. It was pretty apt as well on that night 4 drsno actually jailkeepered polar, "saving the cheerleader" so to speak, however from my interpretation of the rules strongman overcame both the roleblocking of jailkeeper and the deathproof of aza.

In regards to Matt Parkman, he was a cop with mailman ability. That meant he was able to investigate targets and also convey his findings without fear of repercussion. I thought this would be an obviously strong town weapon but it kind of lead to a few people second guessing the results they were getting. Also a few people didn't seem to be conveying the full message recieved. The mafia also attempted to recruit blindwitness day 3, which was made clear to him via pm. However it seems blindwitness misinterpreted my message to him and thought that the company had tried to kill him, which is what he passed on to aza. This could have given the town a bit of a heads up on the mafias ability to recruit, but would have probably lead to a lot more suspicion anyway which was already rife within the town. It was a funny moment when blindwitness passed on his guilty result of polar to Aza but then had to reveal it himself as Aza wasn't around and darthproph was well and truely in the firing line for a lynch. I thought he was going to reveal that mafia had tried to recruit "the cop" which would have given himself away to the mafia, but he kept that info quiet.

In relation to the mafia. They started with 3 players (disembodied head, swirly and brayo) plus 2 recruit powers. The recruit power was compulsory but only for certain players. So the main characters (matt parkman, peter petrelli, sylar, monica dawson, claire bennet) couldn't be recruited while the others would automatically be recruited if targeted. Disembodied head also had a 1x deathproof for the first 3 days to allow him to have a chance of recruiting at least 1 player. He almost needed it too but managed to take out malignant before he got any real weight behind his accusations. Swirly also had an extended roleblock for the first 2 days to help even up the odds a bit in the early game, in that his roleblock target would also be roleblocked the following night.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 am 

Having DP kill himself was annoying.

I can understand his frustration, but still.

If it had lasted about 2 hours longer, i would have been able to get home, I wanted to come out as the "cop"
And plead Polar's Guilt, Also, would have just said something like, I got innocent for Mal or some crap.

Knowing i was Deathproof, and not X shot, I thought it was worth going after, just didn't have the time :(

Turns out i died anyway :?

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am 

The last few days we just blasted lynches through, there was no one left to say 'hang on a minute' or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Having DP kill himself was annoying.

I can understand his frustration, but still.
On this...

I thought Darthproph's play in this game by posting mod PMed information to force a mod kill was incredibly poor form.

Mod kills are there to prevent underhanded things like this from ruining the game (which revealing PMed info could easily do) - not as a mechanic to force a kill when you want to leave the game.

I really hope we don't see anyone trying this again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:40 pm 

Quote:
I really hope we don't see anyone trying this again.
If they do, I expect other moderators will take it into consideration when accepting sign ups.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35