[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
THE TREASON OF ISENGARD - THERE SHALL BE NO DAWN FOR MEN - Page 34 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:57 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 pm 

Was interesting playing a power role for, almost, the first real time.

Before this, i was a Day cop in the MArvel game, although, my play style was already panned out.
I caught out Wyld in a Fake RC (He RC'd my character) day 1, then I think i caught a mafia day 3 and was killed that night :P

So i thought i would try "something" funky.

I wanted to be on people's suspect list, although, attempt to skirt on the edge of being a lynch "option" but not the most likely target.

My thoughts was this way i may be able to escape a lynch (if there is a better target) and at the same time,
not get night killed as the mafia may think they can get me lynched (Turns out... they could :P )

----

In General though, I must say, these Mini Mafia's are so much more interesting that the "normal" ones at the moment.

As it feels once you begin, your already into the "nitty-Gritty" of the game.

I'll admit, i got one of the best roles in this game, but i still think it was pretty damn well balanced, and at this stage, I'm going to say my favourite mafia game to date !

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm 

It would have been really interesting that night if I went for thatnicguy over Darth. When Darth flipped town, I was a little annoyed at myself. When thatnicguy flipped mafia, I was really annoyed with myself.

Well done to Matt, for an excellent game, with obviously a lot of thought.

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:43 pm 

One thing that has amused me is how much Darth has gone on about how much I killed him. I could have said nothing, and he'd be none the wiser...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm 

One thing that confused the hell out of me was the night Darth died I also lost my x1 bulletproof. So I was left thinking that the mafia and a serial killer and the bodyguard had all just decided to lynch me or seen through my fake RC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm 

Interesting...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:20 pm 

We hit blind but with our strongman, we got told your armour had cracked.

I'l just grab a quote from one of my posts I nearly gave the whole game away that morning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm 

Quote:
Crap it, It was a long shot but I was sure aza was mafia taking a big risk :/

At least a bodyguard pulled off a successful save! Darth should be pleased

Darth didn't bodyguard anyone, vesh killed him.. I thought he had bodyguarded blind and I said it! Aenur was sweating bullets!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 pm 

Yeah, but I think a bunch of people jumped to that conclusion. As I recall, I was the one who then pointed out that Darth could have been targetted directly.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:07 pm 

I honestly thought after teh first 2 days with 4 dead townies that we had things sewn up.

Gandalf coming back was a MAJOR blow to our side and put us a kill behind. Not to mention that frodo's super save meant that we would have been at 5 dead townies at teh begining of day 3 with Theoden potentailly still having no vote we were jumping for joy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm 

Frodo was "beloved", which is a really negative trait.

"Beloved roles are most often pro-Town. They are either seen in setups designed especially for them (so it is acceptable for their death to be a "punishment" for the Town) or in role madness games where skipping a Day phase is not a complete disaster.
Despite the name, Beloved is not a well-liked modifier in most contexts. It is seldom seen and possibly still overused. "

Combined with a 1x Save however, it is actually slightly better for town to have the mafia fail their first attempt (and lose a night kill) and then have to make a second attempt (and effectively gain two night kills).
The reason it is better is because while the result is the same with 2x attempts = total of 2 dead, there is a very good chance the Mafia won't simply hit the same player again - they wouldn't have in this game if he hadn't corrected his role claim from Treebeard the unkillable Oak to Frodo the valuable hobbit.
Even if they do hit the same target, it has now taken 3 nights to get the 2 kills, so Town have had more chances to use powers.

As a general rule though it's a tricky power to use fairly and it's likely to get less use than even 'Thief'.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:05 pm 

Hells yeah great work on getting the win jj. Gotta say I thought after aza died we had I in the bag and then things started to go south real quick.

I was 50/50 on whether to strongman jh or mbtg and opted for the latter meaning I was followed and lynched for it :)

Couldn't have asked for better mafioso partners we had jokes and banter flying everywhere.

Massive props to msl possibly one of the best balanced games I've been in :)

P.s. sorry I didn't reply to thread once I died jj, just done a pm box cleanout losing the linky, then I managed to lose the page open on my fone :/ not that you needed my help lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:03 pm 

BOROMIR YOU GONDOR SCUM! (shakes fist)

Great game though after EVERYTHING that had happened I would have thought I looked the most town but oh well. That was defiantly the best mini mafia game I have played possibly the best overall. Good job to Aenur for the win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm 

Quote:

Great game though after EVERYTHING that had happened I would have thought I looked the most town but oh well. That was defiantly the best mini mafia game I have played possibly the best overall. Good job to Aenur for the win.
Eh. You win some, you lose some... I had bold text and written vote, and was honestly still undecided. My gut told be JJ, but my gut had been wrong at every turn in this game, so I didn't go with my gut...m

Out of curiosity, has the Miller ever got this far in Westgamer Mafia history?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Eh. You win some, you lose some... I had bold text and written vote, and was honestly still undecided. My gut told be JJ, but my gut had been wrong at every turn in this game, so I didn't go with my gut...m

Out of curiosity, has the Miller ever got this far in Westgamer Mafia history?
Vorag made it to the end in the War machine one. (24 players)

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:08 pm 

The real Mystery of this game:

Vesh declared he was miller.
Then he killed a townie.
In the morning, Blindwitness said they had a result showing there were two kills.
Vesh then quickly confessed to killing Darthproph - I assumed in case the Blindwitness came on and said the saw him do it. All it would have taken was one person, town or mafia, to say that Vesh's confession was motivated by his worry about being seen doing the kill and it would have been lights out for Boromir.

How on earth does a player survive being Guilty to a Cop AND killing a Townie AND looking like they got caught in the cookie jar? :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next