[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
THE TREASON OF ISENGARD - THERE SHALL BE NO DAWN FOR MEN - Page 32 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:19 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 34 35 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 am 

If only the game worked like that :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am 

Quote:
If only the game worked like that :P
Indeed...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am 

Lol

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am 

I was even going to vote for myself if you had voted for me to speed it along as JH said he wouldn't be on till late.

I guess now I have to sit out of Mafia for a while as has been demonstrated in teh Heroes game - I will jsut get lynched for showing up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 am 

I would have had your hide Aenur, but then, that's why you offed me on the last night. Saruman's an obvious choice for Godfather, he was reknowned for the power of his oratory...and glib tongue. You didn't even need the final reveal. You confirmed it when you said the ring wouldn't make it back to Sauron.

I botched it when I switched from protecting Frodo to protecting Theoden. I wanted the tracking information that James was providing but really by that stage I'd already decided who I thought was town and Frodo's death was likely to have consequences. Unfortunately, it's my first Mafia game and I'd never heard of Beloved so that didn't cross my mind as a possibility.

Still, well played. A good game that came down to the wire and kudos to Matt as mod.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:44 am 

Beloved was something I was not considering to be a part of the game either. When I declared that kill, I was conemplating using my other ability to throw JH off. Given we had already destroyed the mithril armour earlier in the game decided to go for the ring and see what powers it gave. Then try to lie my way out of an awkward situation... When I could kill the doc immediately after... That made things easier.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 am 

A lynch has been reached
James Heald - King Theoden
[] Your mind has been twisted by the enemy and you start the game Voteless http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Voteless
- The hope of your people is that this condition may be temporary.
[] There lives within you the power of a king, waiting to be jarred back into action. Until then all you can do is watch http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Voyeur

Activated by Eomer (Elite Bodyguard)
[] You are no longer voteless
[] You no longer sit on the sidelines and observe, and lose the power Voyeur
[] You are ready to follow the Men of the West into battle and gain the power http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Follower

Theoden: I know your face... Eowyn. My eyes darken.
Eowyn: No. No. I'm going to save you.
Theoden: You already did... Eowyn. My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed. Eowyn...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:50 am 

VICTORY TO ISENGARD (MAFIA)

Aenur - Saruman
You are the greatest of the Istari, Curunír the "Man of Skill" who heads the council of the wizards
You possess the Palantir, and can see the shapes and shadows of all men and beast http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=RoleCop
The voice of Saruman possesses power beyond imagination, and can beguile even the wise to believe your words http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Godfather

With only Saruman and Boromir remaining, victory over Middle Earth has come to Isengard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 am 

Doh!

And my ability to pick the wrong side continues... One day... One day...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:54 am 

Argh I'm kicking myself for not begging for protection every night. I was concerned about there being a strongman given Eomers powers. I had figured that even if i did get hit and town lost a day we still had the numbers to lynch Aenur, I didnt factor in Sarumans silver tongue.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:58 am 

So why did I find a knife on Saruman, and not a staff or the Palantir or anything?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am 

Quote:
"THE TREASON OF ISENGARD - Éowyn stabbed in darkness."
it was the thing doing the stabbing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am 

No idea - but a knife with my name on it seems pretty good :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am 

That was a pretty good game from an outside perspective. It seemed mafia had it sewn up early but the return of gandalf and theodin waking from his slumber really swung the game heavily back in towns favour. James dominated and took town to the brink of victory before the death of frodo struck a cruel blow and gave evil a chance.
In the end it came down to the miller boromir who at the last second was tempted by the ring and struck down theodin.
Epic stuff.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:01 am 

It's a bit frustrating to come so close, but I'm not convinced town deserved to win that game. We made some glaring mistakes along the way. I won't be laying blame as I'm as responsible as anyone else. I don't think I managed a successful save all game. As I mentioned to Matt in a private line it was like playing rock-paper-scissors - and ALWAYS losing.

P.S. because a staff or Palantir would have been too obvious, Matt was trying to feed you ambiguous clues. Thus Lurtz over-size weapon could also have been Gimli's axe. Don't sweat it too much, I've read the Silmarillion - twice - and I still missed the Man of Skill reference.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 34 35 Next