[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ROGUE STATES MAFIA - DAY 5 - SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK ON TOKYO - Page 60 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 60
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 pm 

Quote:
And heck I'm allowed a rant noe and then :-)
I remember my rant back in harry potter mafia damn you Dsrno and your american politics style of ignoring all my questions and sprouting propaganda

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 pm 

the one thing I have learned in this game is that if you have nithing to answer for and one person niggles you you are best off not defending yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

I think everyone should take 3 very important lessons away from this game. 2 from me, and one from Matt.

From me:

1) Don't underestimate the power of the WestGamer mafia metagame. Part of the reason why I've gotten so effective at calling scum out is that I pay attention to each and every one of you EVERY GAME. This is why I find day #1 to be so effective at catching potential mafia out. You don't have any powers or other BS muddying up the waters yet - all you have is pure behaviour to go from, and what people do in the mafia environment can be very telling.

2) Smart mafia play is often predictable. Which means - it's not always as smart as you may think.

And from Matt:

3)
Quote:
Mafia Rule 1 'How do you know if Malignant is lying in Mafiascum? Because there is text in his post.'
Quoted for truth. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 pm 

Quote:
2) Smart mafia play is often predictable. Which means - it's not always as smart as you may think.
There's text, he must be lying!
Now Mal loves himself a lie sandwich (lie between truths), thus point two must be the lie! Smart play is smart!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Allright - let me give you an example.

On night 3, the mafia were faced with several choices for their hit:

drsn0 - Confirmed townie and obvious threat with tracker & voyeur available to use. Likely being protected by Malignant's bus driver that night.

Paulfrank - Mostly confirmed townie with 2x Jailkeeper.

Malignant - Confirmed townie presenting a large threat and with at least Bus Driver x1 remaining. Malignant also instructed the watcher to target him, making him an especially risky hit target.

Jramsdale
- "Accidentally" revealed watcher power during the day, though it appeared that most of the town didn't notice.

Random target - pick anyone else, probably the more confirmed town the better.

With these target options, the default smart play is undoubtably Jramsdale. Not only was he in the area revealed to be where the watcher was hiding (Australasia), but he also appeared likely to have less overnight protection than both drsn0 and Malignant. Paulfrank was unlikely to be the watcher given that he received the jailkeeper power and can't use both at the same time, and a jailkeeper is a much lesser threat than the other powers known to be in the game.

But because hitting Jramsdale is the default smart play - that makes it the predictable play. An even smarter play is to realise that I would know this and anticipate it. Which I did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 pm 

I know what you meant :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

In the same situation, I probably would have gone for Paulfrank or a random. Risking being seen by the watcher just wasn't worth it - no matter how badly they wanted me dead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 pm 

And thus if I HAD died Khorgor might not have been recognised quite so quickly... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm 

That's pretty much exactly what I said mal, word for word.

With paulfrank as the safe play and you as the risky play a jramsdale as the suicide play.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 pm 

If it's any consolation I do appreciate not being killed?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm 

Oh forgot to add my biggest objection to James plan was that you would get to gloat about the kill mal :P

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:00 am 

Oh and I also got a result off of every single investigation I used.

Confirming 100% that jrams and mbtg were town.

Not much use this game but if it was a closer game would have been very useful.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 60