[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ROGUE STATES MAFIA - DAY 5 - SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK ON TOKYO - Page 58 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:41 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 60 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 pm 

Bit of pressure applied to James and he crumbles like a pack of cards............

Lynch: James Heald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 pm 

Vote: James heald

Jeez I hope it's a clean sweep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm 

Now, now gentlemen lets talk this through like civilised men, take your seat president Godzilla, let me just pick up my phone...

SUICIDE SQUAD --ATTACK!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:47 pm 

SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK ON TOKYO

In a tragedy that registered on richter scales around the world, several square miles of Tokyo were destroyed today by the world's first ever Nuclear Suicide Bomb attack. The Suicide Bomber used a 30 kiloton suitcase nuke that had been converted into a bomb vest to vapourise the Shuto-Ken 'Capital Area' of Tokyo. No casualty count has been made but Prime Minister Naikaku-Malignant of Japan is known to have been killed in the blast.
A spokesman for the government in Osaka said that he believed the Prime Minister had become a target following his rise to prominence through efforts to stamp out terrorism worldwide.

Also killed in the explosion was Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Khamenei, Leader of the nation of Iran (Rogue State)
No official statement has been released as yet to indicate whether the Ayatollah was an innocent bystander or in some way linked with this blast. His office in Tehran has declined to comment, saying that it was a 'Day of mourning for all people, both believers and infidel dogs alike'.
No posting in thread.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:14 pm 

TOWN (UNITED NATIONS) WINS[/color]

To universal acclaim and a standing ovation that lasted more than ten minutes, the United Nations were able to announce today that they were victorious in their fight against terrorism and the leaders of the Rogue States had been exposed and dealt with.

The UN General Secretary Ban Ki-moon spoke to the assembled representatives and heads of state to say 'While mourning those who gave their lives to make this moment possible, we must also give thanks for their efforts. Without them, Rogue States would still be running amok, making peace in our time nothing but a vanishing dream. We must honour them by building a better tomorrow, tomorrow.'

Secretary-General Kamalesh Sharma of the Commonwealth Secretariat added that Her Majesty the Queen was thrilled to get her hats and dresses back from the surviving family-members of Fidel Castro.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And thus the game ends not with a Whimper but with a Bang. Well played Town, I hope you enjoyed the game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 pm 

Woooooo town!!! You can thank me for my incredible contribution to this game later :P
This was a very interesting theme and I really enjoyed reading the detail in everything presented. Great stuff Matt!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:28 pm 

The day Mal defeats the mafia single-handily AND survives the game is the day he gets universal bragging rights- i couldnt let that happen :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 pm 

I was surprised you let him live for as long as he did.......He was pinging you off everyday. Drsn0 played a great game with Mal so it was really the 2 of them doing all the work. Although PaulFrank got Khorgor and I finally managed to pick a correct suspect in you. :D

Great game Matt. Very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 pm 

BOOYEAH!

Awesome game Matt, REALLY enjoyed the theme
I just wish I could have been King *sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 pm 

100% correct lynchin'! :mrgreen:

And I somehow actually didn't vote in a single lynch :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 pm 

Quote:
I just wish I could have been King *sigh*
Lol some other time. In case anyone was wondering, Paulfrank was just Australia (Australasia) Vanilla but I added 'President of Australia' to the PM's subject line just to make the potentially safest role claim a little less safe if he decided to mention it for some reason. Which of course he did. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

A suitably epic end to an epic game. :mrgreen:

Great job team town. Despite what some may think, this one was definitely a combined effort from a bunch of players that put the correct pieces in place for a smashing success. Saw some people playing a bit smarter this time (than they have in the past) as well, which is really good.

Top job Matt - really enjoyed both the theme and the execution. Will post some more detailed thoughts later for sure.

And - SHOCK HORROR - I actually told the truth about my RC!!! ;)
(Well, kinda sorta mostly the truth. Eventually.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:12 pm 

Quote:
A suitably epic end to an epic game. :mrgreen:

Great job team town. Despite what some may think, this one was definitely a combined effort from a bunch of players that put the correct pieces in place for a smashing success. Saw some people playing a bit smarter this time (than they have in the past) as well, which is really good.

Top job Matt - really enjoyed both the theme and the execution. Will post some more detailed thoughts later for sure.

And - SHOCK HORROR - I actually told the truth about my RC!!! ;)
(Well, kinda sorta mostly the truth. Eventually.)
Probably the most organised town ever too bad being targeted by the doc saves you only during the night :mrgreen:

I loved this style of game i thought it was really interesting and the only thing that "ruined" it was the fact that the town was so united that it ended way too fast. I actually thought it would be really hard to pick out the mafia in this game and the fact we got off to such a good start and managed to ping a few town early made it easy to distribute the powers. However if we had a bad start and were unsure of where to allocate the powers that could have been extremely interesting

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:12 pm 

would love to hear a rundown of the game from matts point of view as well

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm 

Quote:
would love to hear a rundown of the game from matts point of view as well
You're in luck, I took some notes as we went. It was a very interesting game to moderate. The fact that everyone could have a say in multiple votes each day and help build a story of international espionage and diplomacy seemed to get most people very involved, but the main thing that made the player's behaviour fascinating to watch was the fact that each day everyone (including the Rogue State Mafia players) would know who most of the powers were given to, making the power holders both powerful and very vulnerable.

At the same time, most of the Town power players would be able to unload their information in the morning without necessarily worrying about being killed the next night (as they would no longer have a power role), mixing up the usual dynamic even more.

That was the reason why the Town could only start with one permanent power, and why it absolutely had to be a Watcher: a Watcher would force the Mafia to consider Risk vs Reward every time they considered a hit.
Sid Meier's mantra is that 'Good game design is making Interesting Decisions', so a goal was to try and force the players on both sides into making as many decisions that could go as possible as the game rolled on.

Unfortunately (from my perspective anyway!) the Rogue States started badly, with 2 of their key players snagged on day 1 before even the first hit or power had been used, and some very canny detective work from Malignant and others and some excellent play by a lot of people (especially Malignant and Drsn0) lead to their downfall becoming almost inevitable. They started vanilla plus one ransacker, and were on the very cusp of a Ninja Strongman Combo, but it was not to be. I had 6 days worth of resolutions with graphics and text pre-planned, and 3 more sketched out as war escalated over the next days but we didn't manage to get that far.

Never mind, there's always next time :D

GAME NOTE HIGHLIGHTS

DAY 1
Town's only permanent power is a Watcher. If the Watcher realises that Mafia are likely to target whoever gets the best power each day he has a chance of catching them in the act. If Mafia realise this, the person who gets the power has a chance to not be targeted at all because they don't want to get caught. We'll see who blinks first.

With 187 countries to choose from, 1 safe claim supplied (Spain) and 5 large countries ruled out, Russia has decided his country will be 'The Queen of England'. Noone could accuse him of not having guts!

Aenur has stumbled into claiming India, which was counter claimed by Lisa Simpson AKA Drsn0. He's unlikely to make it out alive, so it looks like he's trying to draw out the watcher. Probably won't happen, but it's a good effort for his team under the circumstances. I don't like to interfere, but frankly I am giving the Mafia a second fake claim (Turkey) out of mercy. And maybe a link to google maps.

Malignant has a lot of theories, but zeroed in quickly on Russia's claim.

An Ethical Dilemma: Medecins Sans Frontieres. Town gains 3x Doc, Rogues gain 1x Lynchproof. One shot Lynchproof is not that strong as it usually delays a lynch rather than prevents it, but this is probably a fair trade for 3xDoc in a game that starts with no Strongman. Resolution Passes. Marked By The Gods gets the power, and starts putting it to use to keep malignant alive.

AENUR DEAD
Bokke66 DEAD (Rogues looking for a European country)
Wyldcarde made a GREAT play by not ransacking anyone, so he can claim he was ransacked. This won't mean anything until the next day when he hits a legitimate player, but it was a great use of the power.

I announce a secret resolution will be offered by the Chinese on day 5, it's good story-telling to add a little build up about events yet to come.

DAY 2
Drsn0 proved himself town by counter-claiming Aenur yesterday and is likely to get a lot of resolution powers from now on. That makes him a prime target for Mafia... but the 1 Watcher will make them very cautious.
Malignant is hounding Russia, who has added additional background powers but is frankly unlikely to wriggle out of it. Fortunately Russia gained Lynchproof x1, but that will just delay the inevitable.
Sensual Lettuce dies (Rogues hunting Europeans)

DAY 3
United Kingdom (Europe) offers an Intelligence Dossier - And there is something in it for both sides. Most of the Town players predictably want to dive straight in, even if it means giving up the location of their Watcher. That's pretty normal, they all want to see inside the magic box. The watcher may survive anyway = fortunately most players seem to think Australasia is bigger than it really is. Must be because Australasia is Awesome.
I publish a pretty hefty intelligence dossier, lots for everyone to read.

Against all odds, Wyldecarde's very first ransack attempt hits the only player in the game with Nuclear Secrets. That will allow them to make Nukes (strongman) tonight and get back into the game!

Vote to create Masons passes. Khorgor (Rogue) gets it. He avoids the single worst mistake of putting Drsno and Malignant into the same channel, and instead sets it up with Nic and Drsno.
Drsno claims to be James Heald, making me have to double check my PMs were correct lol. Khorgor fake claims The Hat, so I have to check my PMs again. Someone shows up as Nic, could be anyone... oh wait, it's Nic! :D
The fake claim of Hat was a very good move by Khorgor, provided he can pull it off convincingly.

The Rogues won't hit Drsn0 because Malignant told them he would protect Drsn0 with Bus driver. Holy cow patties, they actually believed him"
Mafia Rule 1 'How do you know if Malignant is lying in Mafiascum? Because there is text in his post.'
Still, another great play by Malignant, this might be his best performance ever. Rogue players are discussing nominating him for a best player award. Good sports.

ROGUE STATES ARE NOW NUCLEAR ARMED: James has Nukes. As long as they are willing to take the risk they can get a guaranteed kill on Malignant tonight, since he is the only player who can't be protected as he is the only player with Busdriver.

Wyldecarde "I think the safer play is to take out malignant tonight. Mal is pretty crafty so would be likely to swap me with jramsdale, if he is even telling the truth. "
Khorgor "James, I think wyld has it right."
James "Matt I'm strongmanning Jrmsdale (fingers crossed this works)"

[Malignant swaps Wylde and Jramsdale]
BOOM Wyldecarde dies
James "Urghh i feel like a despicale Iranian corrput politician... oh wait. In all seriousnous though i feel so guity for Wyldcard's death... i can feel his eyes upon me. "

Never mind James, there are always going to be risks involved when you are throwing nukes around :D

The Rogue States are now really on the ropes. The Town votes to give The Hat the Carrier Strike Fleet. This is an interesting power because it is a 1xVigilante that can't be used immediately, putting whoever gets it at very high risk of being hit pre-emptively to prevent them getting a shot off. I'll track the fleet as it sails on a daily basis, but since The Hat is Canada he will get it next day.

James and Khorgor voted to gain Suicide Bomber. I know exactly what they plan to do with it, so I will write Malignant's obituary in advance (lol). The only way he gets out of this game alive is if James is killed at night, or a lynch goes so fast he doesn't have time to activate the power.

Khorgor's Mason plan started well but got caught out badly because he has the most identifiable typing style other than James' massive walls of text and random paragraphs. He could come on and say it was so obvious it proves he was being framed, but unfortunately the vote passes before he gets a chance.

James takes out Drsn0 - finally the most confirmed townie bites the dust. This kill was done unseen, but the Rogue State players will probably be surprised to hear that none of them have ever been seen making any actions and none of their actions have been detected; as predicted in the first line on page one the game 'will be won or lost during the day phases"

Malignant wants James lynched - and James has agreed to graciously fall on his sword for the good of Town. Nice play.
However it's not paying off for him, since once Mal gets the bit between his teeth he usually goes for it regardless. James changed tack to see if Aza might draw some votes, before deciding what the heck, if he is going down he is taking Malignant with him.

And so the game ends with a Suicide Bomb attack, leaving the Rogue States tattered. I'd have preferred a few more days, but really a dramatic climax is the best sort of game.

And that was DRAMATIC!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 60 Next