[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ROGUE STATES MAFIA - DAY 5 - SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK ON TOKYO - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:50 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:54 pm 

ROGUE STATES MAFIA.

ROGUE STATES MAFIA is an advanced game* with a standard day and night cycle, but it will be won or lost during the day phases. Only a single randomly selected Town player will start the game with a power.

A decline in access to natural resources as the passing of peak-oil coincides with a spike in demand is fuelling economic and religious conflicts worldwide. Agreements between nations are reaching their breaking-points as rising sea levels and declining crop productivity exact a heavy toll on under-prepared nations.

What fragile peace remains between nations is being threatened by an axis of Rogue States, and the Permanent Members of the United Nations Security Council have only managed to agree to one simple treaty amongst themselves: The Doomsday Protocol.
The Permanent Members will act only in their own interests, and not become directly involved in any conflict.

The 187 remaining states, nations, kingdoms and regional powers are less fortunate and must come before the General Assembly of the United Nations to attempt to pool their military and economic resources to weed out and destroy the Rogue States before it is too late.

The Nations will Unite, or they will fall.

The crowds line the street world wide hoping for a glimpse of the Leaders as their high speed motorcades pass. These are the Presidents, Prime Ministers, Chancellors, Dictators, Generals and Heads of State that are destined to save their nations, or condemn them to destruction. Drafts have been announced, militaries prepared, navies readied and border controls tightened.

DAY 1: 'WARS AND RUMOURS OF WARS' http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&p=274380
NIGHT 1: Colonel Gaddafi http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 92#p274992
DAY 2 Bonus: An Ethical Dilemma http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&p=274813
NIGHT 2: No Lynch http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p275588
DAY 3: Sensual_Lettuce – Ukraine http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&p=275697
DAY 3 Bonus: Knowledge is Power http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 87#p275787
NIGHT 3: Fidel Castro http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&p=275946
DAY 4: Kim Jong Il http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&p=275993
NIGHT 4: Mullah Mohammed Omar http://westgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 79#p276179

1 Aenur
2 Aza
3 Bokke66
4 Brookesy
5 Centurions
6 DarthProph
7 Disembodied Head
8 drsn0
9 James Heald
10 Jramsdale
11 Khorgor
12 Malignant
13 Marked by the Gods
14 NielW
15 Paulfrank
16 Russia
17 Sensual Lettuce
18 Thatnicguy
19 The Hat
20 Wyldcarde

*This game will be trying out a new Mechanic. If it's good I'd like to submit it to Mafiascum as a new Open game build, if it isn't then all records of the game will be redacted and all players will be buried in the Mariana Trench.

Last edited by Matt-ShadowLord on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 19 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 pm 

The General Assembly of the United Nations welcomes you as a World Leader.

Fearing the world-destroying potential of war between them, the five Permanent Members of the Security Council have sworn not to become directly involved in the conflicts between the other nations and states. As so many times in the past, they will however work through proxies and surrogates to ensure their interests are defended and spheres of influence expanded.
Each day two of them will offer the services of some of their assets to the General Assembly. These may be economic, intelligence or military assets, and the Assembly will vote on a Resolution to decide which nation’s Leaders will be awarded their use. To protect the security of the nations involved, the exact power associated with each will not always be made clear. Each Resolution can only be passed once per day, and in most cases these will be 1-Shot Powers.
Town beware, both Mafia and Town can vote for Resolutions, and both will gain a power from each. Mafia beware, Town will have access to more voting patterns than in any other equivalent sized game to analyse.
Resolutions: How to vote in the General Assembly
All General Assembly 'Resolution' votes require 2 votes less than a lynch vote (minimum of 2 votes)
The day’s assets will be announced as in the following example:

Image UN RESOLUTION 1: France (Europe) offers Le Corps Diplomatique
(Town effect: Create Masons vs Mafia effect: Create Masons)

Image UN RESOLUTION 2: USA (Americas) offers The Secret Service
(Town effect: Bodyguard x1 vs Mafia effect: Ignore Bodyguard ability x1)

Image UN RESOLUTION 3: Russia (Europe/Asia) offers A SS-18 ‘Satan’ Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
(Town effect: CLASSIFIED x1 vs Mafia effect: CLASSIFIED x1)

To vote, simply write the initials of the UN followed by the Resolution number and the name eg
UN1: Ronald
UN2: Margret
UN3: Kim

Sharing the Wealth: No player can be awarded two powers in a single day. When a player wins a Resolution vote it will require one extra vote for them to receive a Resolution on the following day. It only applies on the day after they receive a power, so they'd only require a normal amount of votes to receive a power on day 1, 3 and 5. Town can decide to keep giving the same player powers over and over again, this is just to encourage diversity.

FAQ:
[] Rogue States (Mafia) win when at least half of the remaining players are Rogue States.
[] Town wins when all Rogue States are eliminated. Their continents are irrelevant, it is one world and they are all in it together so they should work as a team and put aside their own narrow interests. Or they could play realistically.
[] For the purpose of this game, the continents have been divided into the Americas, Europe, Australasia, Asia and Africa.
Resolution Votes
[] All Resolutions offered during a Day can be awarded, provided there is a player who gets sufficient votes to be awarded each.
[] Unless it is announced that votes on a particular day are binding, Resolution votes can be changed by typing UNVOTE UN1.
[] The first Leader to receive sufficient votes will be awarded the Resolution, not the Leader who eventually receives the most votes.
[] If no Leader receives enough votes to receive a Resolution by the end of the day, the Resolution will not be awarded
[] It will never be publicly announced which Leader has won the Resolution vote.
[] 'But I won the vote and didn't get the power!' - Did you?
[] 'Can't you count?' - The Mod is in possession of an early childhood education certificate confirming their ability to count to twenty. This might not be a factor in deciding the player limit.
[] 'Are you blind!?' - The Mod is in possession of a Western Australian drivers license confirming their ability to see to a level sufficent for WA road safety standards unaided. That might not answer the question.
[] 'Can we sneakily confirm players by getting them to post snippets of their Welcome message?' - No. But to be certain, all Town players will only be given 3 things - Country, Continent and Role in a large white font, plus a url for if they received a power.

Working desperately behind the scenes to negotiate peace, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has managed to establish a network of UN Intelligence gathering agents in one nation (Watcher). No other Town nation starts the game with a power. Good luck.

Last edited by Matt-ShadowLord on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm 

Quote:

*This game will be trying out a new Mechanic. If it's good I'd like to submit it to Mafiascum as a new Open game build, if it isn't then all records of the game will be redacted and all players will be buried inthe Mariana Trench.
James Cameron will expose you :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm 

Before

After

Muwhahahaahaha!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:55 pm 

Looks interesting. Took a couple of readings to understand but I'm sure it will be clear once we start playing.

Just a question. Is there still lynch votes and mafia "hits" as normal?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm 

Couple of questions before we start:

I notice you have used the USSR flag for UN3 rather than the Russian flag, yet other references (such as Ban Ki-Moon) relate to present day. Is this just a slight oversight or was it intentional?

Correct me if I'm wrong regarding the resolutions. Each day all players can vote to pass a resolution. The resolution is announced at the start of the day and those you have listed are merely examples. This vote requires two fewer votes than a lynch i.e. 10 votes to lynch means 8 votes to pass a resolution.

No player can be awarded two powers in the same day but is there a limit to the number of times the day's resolution can be passed? Once?

Where you write:
Quote:
When a player wins a Resolution vote, it will require an extra vote for them to receive a Resolution on the following.
Is that supposed to read "following day"? If Player A gets given a power Day 1 then on Day 2 giving them another power would require one more vote than normal. Does this switch back if they skip a day so Player A would only require the normal number of votes if he were given a power Day 1 and Day 3?

References to "Leaders" refer to players? Not some sort of special class of players who are leaders?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:08 pm 

And one more thing, UN3 grants a play "hidden". Hidden is a role modifier where the player possessing the power is unaware that they have it. For example a player with "Hidden Lynchproof" would have no idea that they are lynchproof. I'm unsure how granting a player hidden would work, did you mean ninja perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm 

Quote:
I notice you have used the USSR flag for UN3 rather than the Russian flag, yet other references (such as Ban Ki-Moon) relate to present day. Is this just a slight oversight or was it intentional?
To steer slightly away from making the game too firmly based in reality and therefor too political, the year is 2015 but villains like Ghaddafi, Kim Jong Il and General Aladeen lurk the corridors of power.
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong regarding the resolutions. Each day all players can vote to pass a resolution. The resolution is announced at the start of the day and those you have listed are merely examples. This vote requires two fewer votes than a lynch i.e. 10 votes to lynch means 8 votes to pass a resolution.
All correct, with a minimum of 2 votes.
Quote:
No player can be awarded two powers in the same day but is there a limit to the number of times the day's resolution can be passed? Once?
Each Resolution can only be passed once per day, and in most cases these will be 1-Shot Powers.
Quote:
If Player A gets given a power Day 1 then on Day 2 giving them another power would require one more vote than normal. Does this switch back if they skip a day so Player A would only require the normal number of votes if he were given a power Day 1 and Day 3?
It only applies on the day after they receive a power, so they'd only require a normal amount of votes to receive a power on day 1, 3 and 5. Town can decide to keep giving the same player powers over and over again, this is just to encourage diversity.
Quote:
References to "Leaders" refer to players? Not some sort of special class of players who are leaders?
Everyone gets to be a Leader. Everybody gets a country of their own to rule with an iron fist or a nurturing touch, as they please.

The word hidden has been changed to 'CLASSIFIED', which will be used any time the power will not be revealed to anyone other than its recipient.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm 

gOod clarifacations there matt. I'm just going to assume the answer to my question is yes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm 

Thanks for the clarifications Matt, I'm really excited about this game, absolutely love the theme.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm 

I know this is early but can I sign up for this? I cant do it at the nominated time as I am going to work shortly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm 

Ill put your name down For it niel when sign ups open.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Ill put your name down For it niel when sign ups open.
Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 pm 

Quote:
1. Aza

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 pm 

2. Dis Head