[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Doctor Who Mafia - Day 8 - Page 62 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:31 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm 

It's interesting to read other peoples thought processes when it comes to game strategies.
Now if only I could ever remember this DURING games :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 pm 

UnFortunately Bloodlust mal pretty much outed you anyway. The fact that you and sensual were no voters gave you away as mafia. If mal was voted for I was certain sensual was mafia and it was between you and darth. With darth voting and you not then it was an easy coin flip.
Whether other town members saw it the same was another matter.
It was one of those mafia games where mafia could keep their head down and contribute enough to not be seen as a non voter and watch the town implode.

It would of definately been an interesting lynch or lose, with a doctor and a cop still floating around it would have been very interesting.

And mal, was that second godfather claim meant to cause doubt about me?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:04 pm 

Preceisely - as I said, we didn't actually get any "help" from Mal, only hindrance.

I still believe that Darth was an easy lynch the next day even with a dead Master. That "last second" vote would have looked suss as hell and only one vote needed apart from SL and myself (which from the looks of things would have easily come from you).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

As much of a long shot that RCing the TARDIS was (and believe me - I knew it was insane), there actually was a precedent of sorts set for the TARDIS being a sentient being in the Doctor Who universe (though the exact episode was one of the modern ones, not from the time of the first 3 doctors) here:
Quote:
The 2011 episode "The Doctor's Wife" provided an unprecedented insight into the TARDIS. The "soul" of the ship is transferred into the body of a humanoid female called Idris, and this enables the Doctor to have a conversation with his craft. The TARDIS reveals that she deliberately allowed the Doctor to "steal" her, as she wanted to see the universe itself; in a reversal of traditional series mythology, the TARDIS claims to have stolen the Doctor. When the Doctor accuses the TARDIS of being unreliable, she defends herself by saying that she has always taken him where he needed to go, if not where he wanted. When the Doctor asks if she has a name, she chooses the name "Sexy", based upon what the Doctor would call her when they were alone. At the end of the episode, the TARDIS' soul is returned to the ship's systems; the Doctor is thus no longer able to converse with her. Prior to this, however, they conduct one final conversation, in which the TARDIS, speaking one last time through Idris, expresses a desire to simply say "Hello" to the Time Lord, and as Idris' body burns up the words "I love you" are heard. Later, the Doctor is unsure as to whether the TARDIS is still able to hear him, but in a mark of understanding, she pilots herself when he tells it to go "to the Eye of Orion or wherever we need to go."
A stretch sure, but it's all I had. I instead decided that it was probably best to keep this RC under wraps for as long as possible though it was just so stupid that it may possibly work. :roll:

So, I join up with the Cybermen. What an interesting day THAT turned out to be. ;)

The whole fluff that Centurions (who is quite obviously a diehard Who fan) set up around the Master being able to work with the mafia was just like in the TV show. That is, he doesn't actually align himself with any particular factions - but he does use multiple alien races as tools in order to further his own ends (which is usually by trying to kill the Doctor). With this in mind, I revealed as little as possible about my actual abilities to the cybermen as I needed to keep my options open in case the joining up didn't work out. Joining the Cybermen gave me one seat (and therefore one vote) at the table when it came to choosing direction for gameplay and night kills, but due to the fact that our win conditions were different (I specifically needed to kill the doctor whilst the mafia just needed to end up in the majority to win) I knew I needed to take control of the night kill targeting - and fast.

After initial outright refusal to target the Doctor on night 3 there was only really one way I could get the Cybermen to do my bidding at this point (they wanted to go for lower risk targets), and that was to strongarm them. I basically made a play that I would normally never make as part of a regular mafia team - but in this case I was A) operating under different win conditions with a ticking time bomb in my possession, and B) really had no other way to hurt the doctor other than using the mafia night kill as lynching him was going to prove next to impossible. So I told the mafia that if they didn't obey the Master and attack the Doctor instead - that I would reveal their identities to the Town and let them sort them out whilst bouncing off my (imaginary) lynchproof saves. (A threat I was fully prepared to carry out, with all risks attached.) I had a conversation with Centurions about how in-theme for the master this was, and he fully endorsed the idea as fair play. ;)

Fortunately the mafia were not permitted to kill one of their own with the night action ( I checked - otherwise I wouldn't have even attempted this), so Bloodlust and Sensual grudgingly turned their kill attempt to the doctor for the night and sent the strongman in. Bloodlust was NOT a happy camper. ;)

It looks like the Darleks had the same idea that night as well, but unfortunately - the new Doc (thatnicguy) was apparently saved by some sort of SUPER save whilst regenerating (that ignored multiple kill attempts AND strongman - sweet Jesus!), and everything failed leading to no mafia kills that night. Whilst I was spewing about this, at least now I knew that targeting a Doctor the night after he entered the game was pointless. Useful info to have when preparing for the endgame!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:14 pm 

Haha yer I was raging pretty hard at darth by the end there, since he was still "team mal" even after all that he had said and all that had gone before.

But despite my raging I was believing his townness more and more each post. It would have definately made for an epic finale the next day if the vote on mal went through. You are right tho the hammer vote could have counted against him as I was still thinking that mafia potentially wanted mal dead as much as town.

But ce la vie. We will never see how it panned out.

Who would you guys have hit that last night if it mattered?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 pm 

Oh and all frustration and raging aside. Town was lucky to get as close as they did.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 pm 

Partially true.

I had a discussion with Centurions who said that he claimed it was his fault for not giving the Cybermen the ability to kill the Master off if they didn't like what he had to say. We both messaged the mod asking if we could kill him and were told no. Heck if he hadn't have joined us I can guarantee you that we'd have whacked him the next night for certain. Hence he told Mal to "cool it".

My point was that if I said to a mafia cohort, "Do what I say or I'll sell you all out in the morning", I'd be mod-killed in an INSTANT and we all know it's true! Centurions assured me that he couldn't actually carry out that threat according to his rules, so nice try but either you are lying or Centurions is - my money is on you :)

It was a douchey move that neither of us appreciated and came down to, "Do what I want or I'll ruin BOTH your games". I was very disappointed (bugger it - I was downright ropable) in this and I think the Westgamer/Mafia community have a right to know the limits some people will go to "win".

I'm sure posts can be produced to verify everything I've said.

So again, Cybermen win with forced Master dead-weight attachment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Day 4 was a tricky one. The town were once again getting suspicious, but I couldn't afford to give up one of the opposing mafia members to gain town goodwill (though I already strongly suspected Obeisance of being a Darlek) as the remaining one would just try and kill me at night - which would succeed. I needed to kill another town member, but in such a way that I looked like I wasn't trying to. Yeah, difficult.

Thankfully drsn0 was already drawing a bit of heat too, so he was the perfect foil. I had cast a bit of doubt on him the previous day, so followed through on this whilst encouraging the town to keep their options open to considering that he was in fact town. The lynch train fueled up, and I hopped on "grudgingly" ;) just as it left the station. It was clear that there were still a few players not willing to attempt lynching me again in case they hit another save, so that part of the plan appeared to be working well enough.

Night came and the Cybermen and I got to work deciding on the night kill. Fortunately they were much more willing that night to go after the Doctor again given the threat that he represented as a cop, so we came to terms (without me needing to be a bastard about it again) and gunned him down (probably alongside the Darleks, given that he was the only kill of the night). I was another step closer to victory and now just needed the 3rd Doctor to show himself...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 pm 

Quote:
Who would you guys have hit that last night if it mattered?
Russia :)

General rule of thumb folks. If Mal, Russia or MSL survive past day two - they are MAFIA because any Mafia with half a brain will kill off the biggest threats FIRST.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 pm 

Quote:
Oh and all frustration and raging aside. Town was lucky to get as close as they did.
This is VERY true. We couldn't believe how easy it was. You guys were chasing shadows without any help from us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm 

Now now, in the last game (Infinity) Russia was town and made it to the very end :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

@ Bloodlust - I'll let Centurions comment on that rather than showing you the PMs I was sent about it. Suffice to say I got the all clear that it was fair play otherwise I would have re-thought the entire strategy.

The thing you need to remember here is that we had different win conditions. I would have expected you to do what you had to to achieve yours as well - without a hissy fit. It's just a game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:25 pm 

Quote:
Now now, in the last game (Infinity) Russia was town and made it to the very end :P
How would that game have gone if the mafia had knocked him off early?

Town won, right?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 pm 

After his big mislynch he wasn't overly influential.
People do know for the most part that they can't just auto-trust others :wink:

And yeah, town won

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 pm 

"Sook" and "hissy fit" are personal digs - that doesn't cut it under, "just a game".

Simple and plain truth. If I were Mafia and told the rest of the cohort to do what I wanted or I'd sell them all out in the morning who HONESTLY believes I would not be instantly mod-killed?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Can anyone believe that a mod would sit back and basically say, "yeah, that's a good idea - go for it (trash my game)"?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64 Next