[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Doctor Who Mafia - Day 8 - Page 60 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:09 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6264 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm 

In regards to how the Cyberman/ Master thing worked. Mal was told his win con was that he had to kill the Doctor himself (he can be dead himself at the end) or be alive at the end and the Doctor had to be dead. He was also able to join 1 of the rival mafia factions if he chose to have them "work" for him and that would then make the group 1 person bigger. He couldn't do the factional kill but coould talk to them as a normal member of the group providing his thoughts on targets. Regarding the Doctors, I made them all cops for simplicity and they were all deathproof the first night they regenerated. They also suffered regeneration sickness so couldn't remember the previous Doctors results. Now the big issue about Russi, being a weak doctor had he targeted a Dalek/ Cyberman he would have been killed. He chose the Master the first night and was captured. To me, the Master doesn't just kill everyone, especially companions hence why I chose that option. I did give him a 10% chance to escape and would escape if the Master was killed. In true Dr Who fashion Russia escaped near the end and could have won it for town with his return. Regarding The Master, well I'll let Mal talk about what he had because what he stated he had and what he had were completely different and typical Mal.

Some interesting points were,
The first day, DH (First Doctor) and Mal (The Master) gunning for each other straight from the start. Couldn't have picked that better.
DH gutsy call of Mike Yates. However if he didn't claim that then maybe Benton would have been more suss.

The first night. Bruno tracks JH and sees him visit DH therefore blocking him but for no particular reason that I could see the Daleks knock him off.

Day 2 was what I was expecting in that everyone guns for Mal who then survives the lynch.

Night 2 Mal is deathproof due to his 1 renegeration/ body replacement that i allowed him. (being a timelord)
Daleks again take out a power role in DH for again no apparent reason.

Day 3 Bloodlust starts Mal lynch for Mal to then join the Cybermen in there quest for world domination.
Mal then sets about convincing the companions to leave him alone and knock off the only actual UNIT (Sarah Jane excluded) member involved in the game.
Wylde the only one to pick up that I would put a town Roleblocker in the game based on my previous games comments but doesn't stop town lynching him.

Day 4 I was still surprised that Mal has survived this long especially after everyone gunning for him on day 2 so instead they lynch another power role. Drsn0

Night 4 saw both parties target thatnicguy but being the 2nd Dr he survived.

The next few days were Mals. I'll again let him explain as i'm sure he'll enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Officially CLOSEST GAME EVER. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:51 pm 

That was really really frustrating...

I can't believe mal dodged that lynch and people believed he was deathproof...

But well done playing on towns indecisiveness I guess.

So who were the remaining mafia?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:55 pm 

Bloodlust - Cyberman - Strongman
Sensual Lettuce - Cybermat - Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:59 pm 

This = phew!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:01 pm 

pretty upset about the timing there...
not sure if it would have changed the end result of town losing but still... disappointing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 pm 

Props Wyldecard, I watched the rest of the game, you where on it! So close!!

@polar you would have won if that went through.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:07 pm 

It was definately an atypical mafia game that's for sure. And definately got interesting At the end there.

If mal was lynched yesterday would town still have been ticking today?

I definately learned a lot from this game tho and it was a lot of fun at the end there raging at mal :)

can you please just say it one more time for the tape mal? I'm pretty sure I've read you post it plenty of times in mafia games, but people still seem to be missing it.

(he lies. A lot!)

:P

haha cheers nic. As I said at the time mal giving us obi and then no kills surprised me. At that point I didn't think he was necessarily mafia but knew he wasn't town.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

There was certainly a bit of luck involved there, but:

A) I worked my ASS off to even get it that far! and;
B) If the lynch went off, the mafia still could have won.

That said - it was the mod's decision, and I wouldn't have kicked up a stink either way. Very glad that it paid off anyway!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
can you please just say it one more time for the tape mal? I'm pretty sure I've read you post it plenty of times in mafia games, but people still seem to be missing it.

(he lies. A lot!)
Well, you can't say I haven't warned everyone enough times!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This game was made rediculously difficult by the fact that I was lying my ass off the whole time not only to town - but to the mafia as well! I'll give a full breakdown of the shenanigans soon. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:13 pm 

Yeah I was pretty cutt throat about that but I put myself into the peoples shoes. We do have deadlines for a reason and this one was 11am. The first post itself was smack on 11am and stopped my post to say no talking going through.

Sorry to those that it has upset, but I can hinestly say i would expect the same treatment for me. I believe that if there is a deadline set by a mod and he hasn't closed the thread, any votes after that cut off shouldn't be included. We should be able to talk and try and get further info, but the lynch deadline has passed. Just my opinion and not necessary the correct one but it's how i ran it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:16 pm 

Haha mal u definately worked hard and earned the win.

The web you were spinning was insane. I did like the bus driver touch and when at the end you even had Russia starting to have second thoughts it was intense.

I think I told myself at least a dozen times over the game "don't believe him, he is lying" to remind myself, as I was convinced you weren't town from day 2. Just was tough to get any evidence to convince others. Bloodlust was There too until he just dropped the idea. Probably about the same time you joined up I guess.

But I know it might not have seemed it from my posts but I was having a ball those last 2 days, laughing to myself as I was raging at everyone! Good times.

No problems at all with the ending centurions. It just made it more epic. As Luke said either decision you made was acceptable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm 

Can you spill on your real powers Luke?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

The stuff I posted about myself in the epic reveal at the beginning of day 7 was mostly true.
Mostly. ;)

I had 1x regen (which was basically a deathproof that was good for that day AND night), 1x Ninja (for use on the Doctor), and that's it. I was indeed a survivor.

I also had the option of joining one of the two mafia groups at any point in the game, inheriting their win condition as well as retaining my own (so I could win as solo - my primary objective was to kill the doc, or secondary to win with the mafia) I was told of the two groups in the game (Cybermen and Darleks), but was mod-forbidden to reveal that part to the town.

Still a little surprised that everyone fell once again for the "Mal's illusions of grandeur" play. It's one I've used a few times now. 8) Even the mafia didn't know what I had for real.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:55 pm 

Quote:
The stuff I posted about myself in the epic reveal at the beginning of day 7 was mostly true.
Mostly. ;)

I had 1x regen (which was basically a deathproof that was good for that day AND night), 1x Ninja (for use on the Doctor), and that's it. I was indeed a survivor.

I also had the option of joining one of the two mafia groups at any point in the game, inheriting their win condition as well as retaining my own (so I could win as solo - my primary objective was to kill the doc, or secondary to win with the mafia) I was told of the two groups in the game (Cybermen and Darleks), but was mod-forbidden to reveal that part to the town.

Still a little surprised that everyone fell once again for the "Mal's illusions of grandeur" play. It's one I've used a few times now. 8) Even the mafia didn't know what I had for real.
actually me and obi knew but i thought you were mafia from a diff group but we wanted to keep you around so had everything right but you being a survivor.

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6264 Next