[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Doctor Who Mafia - Day 8 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:07 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Doctor Who Mafia - Day 8
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 pm 

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia and to start the game off differently from all the rest, please pm me your interest in playing. The reason for this will "hopefully" become clear throughout the game. Looking for 28 players but can start with less if sign ups are slow. A list of all players will be added before the commencement of day 1 so I won't leave you in the dark.

All roles will be 100% randomly assigned.

General Mafia Rules can be found link

Make sure you read the game rules - even if you have played mafia before, as there maybe some changes and additions.

Events
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

Rules

1. Confirm your reception of the role PM with a PM back to me. When sufficient role confirmations are received, the game will begin in the day phase of day #1.

2. Do not post partial or complete copies of any PM I send or create false quotes with me as the author. This includes using non text pieces of information i.e. colours, formatting, timing.

3. Submit your actions by the deadline. If you have an optional power send me a PM each night as to whether you want to use it or not.

4. All players are required to post at least once per game 'day'. Failing to do so once will result in a warning. Failing to do so a second time will result in a mod-kill. Days that last less than 24 hours will be exempt from this requirement. (Please note that whilst "flying under the radar" is a valid tactic in forum mafia, at least a minimum level of contribution is expected in order to make the game enjoyable for all.)

5. Do not edit the content of your posts, even for typos. Players caught doing this get 1 warning. Subsequent offences will result in instant removal from the game.

6. Do not talk about the game outside the thread, unless your role specifically allows it. Cheating in this regard is not being clever, it's spoiling the game.

7. Do not post anything in the game thread after you die unless your role specifically allows it. Offending posts will be removed.

8. Meta-Gaming IS allowed. This means that you are allowed to make arguments informed by previous mafia games. For example someone may be acting differently to how they "normally" act or you might think they have developed a reputation for lying and shouldn't be trusted etc. Other players are under no obligation to take your meta-arguments seriously of course...

9. All votes must be written in bold and be on their own line. Non-bold votes and votes mixed amongst other text will NOT be counted. Players should also endeavour to only use "vote" and "unvote" instead of iterations like "vote lynch" and "rescind vote" (though I will be lenient with this).

10. Have fun. It is a game, please be mature.

PLAYERS

1. Wyldcarde - Susan Foreman - Vanilla - Town
2. Matt Shadowlord - Jo Grant - Vanilla -Town
3. Russia - Liz Shaw - Doctor - town
4. Jramsdale - Sarah Jane Smith - Cowardly Reporter - Town
5. Drsn0 - Steven Taylor - Watcher - Town
6. James Heald - Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Role Blocker - Town
7. Marked by the Gods - Davros - Godfather - Mafia
8. Darthproph - Ben Jackson - Vanilla - Town
9. Obeisance - Dalek - Strongman - Mafia
10. Disembodied Head - 1st Doctor - Cop - Town
11. Brunificus - jamie McCrimmon - Tracker - Town
12. Sensual Lettuce - Cybermat - Ninja - Mafia
13. malignant - The Master - 1xregeneration, deathproof next day after regen, 1xninja could join either mafia group
14. Bloodlust - Cyberman - Strongman - Mafia
15. Bokke66 - Ian Chesterton - Vanilla - Town
16. Thatnicguy - 2nd Doctor - Cop - Town - Deathproof on entering game
17. Polar - 3rd Doctor - Cop - Town - Deathproof on entering game

Last edited by Centurions on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:29 am, edited 20 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Mafia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm 

When do sign-ups begin?

If they have..

1. Obeisance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:16 pm 

Quote:
Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia and to start the game off differently from all the rest, please pm me your interest in playing. The reason for this will "hopefully" become clear throughout the game. Looking for 28 players but can start with less if sign ups are slow. A list of all players will be added before the commencement of day 1 so I won't leave you in the dark.
Read :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 pm 

Yeah, spotted that after I replied.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 am 

sign me up, already sent pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 pm 

C'mon guys, still need 10-13 more to make this happen. Will have the Role PM's out tonight around 8-8.30 if I get the numbers so we can start first thing in the morning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm 

Print the players list... might help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:54 pm 

Vote: obesiance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm 

If i put up a list then I think it'll just cause confusion when the game starts. Tt will hopefully become clear within the first few days as to why. Chasing only another 5 or 6 more to sign up and we'll get started.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:17 am 

Ok, well I think this is all we're going to get and most have seen their role calls so without further ado..........

DAY 1
Christman Day 1968

Companions past, present and future of the Doctor have all been summoned to U.N.I.T as news has filtered through that the Earth is in danger again..........
A square blue box materialises with a whooshing sound and out steps a grey haired man that many of those present recognise immediately.

Game on.
(players are free to talk)

8 votes required for a lynch
Deadline: Friday 9pm (That should be plenty of time)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:56 am 

*Cue Classic Dr Who theme music*

Game as set for 28 players but 15 is fine to play with.

I have a theory about this for when my head is a little less asleep!

How many RC's for today? 8ish?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 am 

hi all, just a message to kill 2 birds with one stone

-1 - lack posting & posting every game day - tick

-2- just advertising to the players that im a night shift worker so most days my posts will be in the morning or between 9-10pm (sleep arvo early evening and leave for work at 10pm)
so if im to respond to a post it will be at these times - but note if i get up at 9pm and have 20pages to read i may not get thru the lot before work so i will post which page i get up to before leaving for work if im not up to date (so if i respond to something on page 13 but dont respond to something on page 20 you'll know why as i'll advertise im only up to page 18...)
though i will scan the last page just to see if a lynch has gone thru before i start reading

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:15 am 

no idea who to vote for - my limited exposure to this game has lead me to believe that malignant will correctly pick the first couple of mafia and then end up killed night 2 at which point we stumble around in the dark - that and some one will call lynch on obi straight away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 am 

Anyway we going to do the whole roll call again? if so 2 or 3 days?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:14 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
no idea who to vote for - my limited exposure to this game has lead me to believe that malignant will correctly pick the first couple of mafia and then end up killed night 2 at which point we stumble around in the dark - that and some one will call lynch on obi straight away
:lol:

That's often how it seems to play out. ;)

So, let's get this party started. Random number generator says #5 for first RC.

Drsn0 - you're up!