It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am 

Hahaha you pathetic mouseguard dint stand a chance but if youd didnt get the drift Wyldcard was the godfather and i was the roleblocker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 am 

Quote:
Told you so?

How would I have unlocked those abilities?
Kenzie was your enabler. I was hoping you would state you were miller from the get go as I had included that to give town a kill to try and balance the game :(
I hope you all had fun. I'll post my thoughts and top roleplaying moments a bit later. :) Congratulations to the mafia, you were very convincing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 am 

yep good game and closer in the end then i thought.
Bloodlust dying early made it interesting, as he could very well have been the towns saviour possibly taking out mafia.
Nic was too cryptic for everyone which probably cost him in the end. We were very fast running out of unconfirmed townies to hide behind and i was thinking it was going to come down to a coin flip between aenur and I as to who was lynched.

tho we did have a 50 min window to win it yesterday that i was hoping wouldnt come back to haunt us...

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:41 am 

Yep, if people followed the advice of Kenzie, who was pretty much confirmed town, the game may have been in the towns hands.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 am 

You got lucky you got DH as well as we were going to use him to create a fake message to imcriminate either Russia or Aza but in the end we just had to settle with killing Aza ourselves. If BL had lived he would

have been a boon for the town as would have nic if he had unlocked his vig.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:44 am 

Good start by Matt, and i tried to lure a kill on me which worked, too bad town.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:47 am 

That was well run bokke, good job.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:48 am 

Thanks mate, theres heaps that I'll take away from this game. I just wanted to have a bit of fun considering this is the first mafia I had run. I wanted everyone to be a bit light hearted and have some fun trying to get into character. I hope people enjoyed the story, which is what I really tried to build in this game. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm 

it was fun, loved all the roleplaying stuff and worked very well with the whole mouse guard theme.
But yeah 3 mafia, 1 godfather, a serial killer and a miller. We really didn't stand a chance. 1 incorrect lynch and the game was over.

I made the hammer vote pretty much with the idea that if there was actually 3 mafia we didnt stand much of a chance anyway. I thought JH was lieing but getting rid of the miller would clear the issue and then we could get rid of JH.

Great fun but i don't think we really had a chance with 3 mafia, where 1 was a godfather. Your asking for almost the perfect game in order for that to happen (ie serial killer knocks the godfather off at some stage and you get all you lynches right)

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm 

We got very unlucky with who RC'd who. With only one mafia death we couldn't really use that info. But we where impatient waiting for James heald to RC. He took forever town moved on. And then it fell apart at the end. If we had waited for james and made everyone call the next person it can make a big difference.

But I agree I don't think town had a chance, maybe a save somewhere or an extra townie. I thought James was claiming doc and that would balance out three mafia.

I had fun, can't believe no one listened.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:28 pm 

I'm shocked no one listened. I think partially as well it's the nature of mini mafia, less people=less mistakes that need to be made for mafia to win. I thought that the miller enabler would have happened on night 1 and would have balanced out the game. The bodyguard was in there as a protective power, I thought that with a doc, the town would be too powerful. I felt that the mafia played a pretty good game, and am still in shock that no one listened to Kenzie who was pretty much given town.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:07 pm 

yep, I wasn't allowed to claim enabler so was really pushing hard all game for a "traitorous" mouse to come out in the open. Had you claimed miller as soon as I said that then I could have enabled you and still watched someone night 1. Not too sure what else I could have said really to make the town believe me.

Very enjoyable game, thanks Bokke and MSL roleplaying at the start was entertaining to read.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 pm 

Quote:
I hope people enjoyed the story, which is what I really tried to build in this game. :)
It was quite interesting, and I'm actually interested in Mouse Guard for the very first time :D
Quote:
it was fun, loved all the roleplaying stuff and worked very well with the whole mouse guard theme.
But yeah 3 mafia, 1 godfather, a serial killer and a miller. We really didn't stand a chance. 1 incorrect lynch and the game was over.
So there were 3 Mafia and 1 Serial Killer in an 11 player game, and one of the Town was a Miller?

On day one, that's 3 Mafia v 1 SK v 7 Townies
If Town mislynch on day 1 then Mafia could kill 1 town, Serial Killer kills 1 town
On Day two that's 3 v 1 v just 4 Townies and the anti-town can already control the vote. If the vote goes for a Townie, the Mafia could kill 1 and the Serial Killer kill 1
On Day three thats 2 v 1 v 1 Game over
If the vote goes against Mafia, the Mafia could kill 1 and the Serial Killer kill 1
On Day three thats 2 v 1 v 2 Game over very soon after

I realised Disembodied Head was Mafia very early in day 1, and had Bloodlust down as a top suspect which probably gave Town at least a slim hope (although it also probably got me killed by Bloodlust), but really this game was one mis-lynch away from a loss for Town. Giving the town a Miller just guaranteed the mis-lynch would happen.

Honest feedback with no offense intended towards Bokke who ran a nice interesting match, this game is a great example for theme, but will also be a good example of the importance of Balance in mafia games :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:36 pm 

If you like mouseguard get comixology (either as an iPhone app (free) or on a pc)) and the first issue of mouseguard is free. This is a trap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:16 pm 

Ok just thought I'd post my thoughts on the game, considering I've got a bit of time.

First of all, thanks for all the feedback. This was my first mod experience so I didn't really know what I was in for, but it was incredibly enjoyable, which is a relief as I thought it would be anxiety provoking. I have taken on board all the pros and cons and will be applying all of it into the design of my next mafia game.

Overall, I was happy and dissapointed at the same time with how the game went, and it falls in line with all the feedback I have received following the game.

What I really enjoyed was the theme of the game. As many of you can probably now tell, I LOVE Mouse Guard. The comics are great and I've been so inspired by this experience that I think I will design a campaign for the Mouse Guard RPG.

I really wanted to make mafia more than just mafia in this game. I wanted to turn it into a game where a story could be created through the mechanics of the game. I feel that this was achieved, particularly through the use of a themed posting restriction (which I popped on the most experienced player to provide them with a challenge), and through the roles offered for the mafia game.

What I am incredibly dissapointed in was how it turned out in practice. The game was note balanced and people can probably tell, I'm not great and number crunching. I tried so hard to execute theme to create balance, particularly as I relied on the whole relationship between Kenzie and Celanawe to swing the balance and bring town into the game. I wanted there to be an initial feeling of doom, but for the Black Axe to come in and save the day. I thought the impact of the SK wouldn't be too bad if it was every second day, but in hind site, should have made him an even night SK. Overall, I think I should've done one of two things;
-Provide a back up plan if the Kenzie/Celanawe situation didn't go down, which is what happened. I should have made enabler a day/night ability. I should've also provided another player with something, such as 'inspiration' where these abilities transferred to another player if Celanawe is killed.
-Balance the game with 2 mafia, 1 SK. This would have provided much more balanced. But here is where I made another mistake...I assumed something:
I was dissapointed that no one picked up on the fact that all of the characters chosen were from Fall. In Mouse Guard, there are an incredibly small amount of RCs available and I knew that mafia would need to choose a character or two from Winter, which I thought would stick out like mud, especially considering that all that information was on the main site. I also alluded to this with the autumn themed colours in the game and text. I think I tried to get everyone to really consider the theme to make their decision, but this back fired as everyone is somewhat used to other methods.

In Summary, I would like to thank all the players for their participation and feedback, particularly those who got into character. I hope everyone enjoyed the story, which I really tried to build as the days progressed. I hope people were able to take from this how to build story into their game, but at the same time, I learnt a lot about the mechanics and how to build a balanced game.

Mouse God Mod signing out.

Also, I will be posting up the top 10 roleplaying moments at some point tomorrow. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next