[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Video Game Character Mafia - GAME OVER Serial Killer Win!! - Page 107 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1104 105 106 107 108 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 pm 

Yep I admit I was trying to hold onto executioner to achieve my win con. I didn't feel using it early to kill of a random townie was the best use of the power. I missed that I could have killed the doc tho, that would have been a good use for it. I was thinking it would be more useful late game then early as usually an early lynch that gets to half votes is pretty likely to go the distance regardless of if I stepped in. And only having 1 shot of it had me reluctant to use it.

But yes not executing the doc was probably a mistake.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Paranoid cop... Worst power ever... Give you no reason to play after you find out.
No, naive is probably worse ;)
If we want to talk about real worst power ever then look no further than Suicidal :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:58 pm 

it was really hard for me to unlock my achievement as by the time i knew the target eg Doc, everyone knew and there were also 3 other confirmed town targets. . .i could not redirect them all.

redirect is hard to use in the beginning as you dont know who is who.

oh well. I am proud of beating MSL in a giant waste of time debate and lynching a fellow townie. . . :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Paranoid cop... Worst power ever... Give you no reason to play after you find out.
Why? It makes you effectively vanilla, like 50% of the other townies....
I hope you don't mind me saying this Spektre, but in this particular game it would just for once have been much more powerful than being vanilla because all it would have taken was 1 visit to me to have you a Confirmed Townie(tm) because I could have confirmed your role.
I was working hard to get the most out of the power, and can honestly say I think you'd have been a lot lower on people's suspect lists if you'd just hit me with some paranoia :D
Never mind, next time.

Speaking of my power, 'the Absorber has to be targeted first in order to become at all powerful. In Normal games, an Absorber is fairly unlikely to make any difference'.
What hasn't been mentioned at all as far as I know is that I only got 1-shot of everything rather than permanent powers as I helped people assume, so I think I put a lot in to maximizing it, right from day 1 defending Mr Suspicious 'If Aza is mafia, investigate me' (heheh!).

It's really funny to see Russia's comments from behind the scenes as it developed :D
Quote:
Hmmm, starting to think the Absorber power was a mistake as it can lead to far too many 'confirmed' townies. On the other hand it was probably just bad luck (for me) that Matt-Shadowlord got the Absorber as he is a player very likely to be targeted by multiple powers.
Quote:
- Definitely regretting including the Absorber power, it's far too unbalancing in favour of town. Matt-Shadowlord has essentially been able to confirm Bokke66, DJCodex and Obeisance. Damn.
Quote:
- Damn that absorber power... damn it to hell.
lol.
@Russia; Well you can't complain about over-use of an ability AND complain some people didn't make good use of their abilities. Besides, confirming roles personally is one thing, convincing the rest of the town to believe your confirmations before you are dead is a totally different one :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 pm 

Quote:
it was really hard for me to unlock my achievement as by the time i knew the target eg Doc, everyone knew and there were also 3 other confirmed town targets. . .i could not redirect them all.

redirect is hard to use in the beginning as you dont know who is who.

oh well. I am proud of beating MSL in a giant waste of time debate and lynching a fellow townie. . . :cry:
I don't think you're achievement was particularly hard to get, it just required a little luck. It would have been achieved if you'd either redirected a kill from a target onto someone else or if the player you redirected onto was himself simply targeted for a kill (no redirection needed).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:11 pm 

Quote:
@Russia; Well you can't complain about over-use of an ability AND complain some people didn't make good use of their abilities. Besides, confirming roles personally is one thing, convincing the rest of the town to believe your confirmations before you are dead is a totally different one :D
What I didn't write in my notes is that toward the end of the game my new found hatred of the Absorber power softened a little thanks to the cult. Those notes you quoted were all written before the cult was discovered, and as soon as the cult was discovered suddenly none of those players were "confirmed" townies. Also the presence of mafia watcher might have shaken people's pre-conceptions (something I try to do every game :P )

I still wouldn't use absorber in the same way again for the simple fact that it can still confirm too many powers (and alignments if there is no cult). I modified how I use voyeurs and followers so that they only give "type" answers to counteract the same sort of thing, but there is no similar fix for an absorber.

Oh and btw if Spektre had targeted you, you still would have recieved "1x Cop" :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 pm 

Yeah Gambit, try having mine. I had to reveal my true name, which being mafia would have resulted in me being lynched to only be able to take 1 townie with me, Vengeful. This was part of the reason for wanting to reveal who I was not that it would have helped but at that stage there were only 2 of us left. Had we had 3 of the mafia left alive, could have bagged us a couple of extra kills with normal mafia, vigi kill and my vengeful. As it turned out Aenur was constantly knocking us off so really wasn't an option.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 pm 

Super effort Aenur! I doubt we'll see another SK win for a while. You really had it in for the mafia!

Thanks for running an interesting game Russia. A shame Aza and I dipped out so early and really made it hard for the other mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:19 pm 

Further to my point about challenging pre-conceptions, I consciously made an effort to exclude a number of things that were becoming "staples" and added a few thus far unseen powers.

I excluded these:

- A sane cop
- Masons
- Survivors
- Watcher
- Godfather

And introduced these:

- Governor
- Executioner
- Strong Willed
- Restless Spirit
- Universal Backup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:43 pm 

Quote:
Yeah Gambit, try having mine. I had to reveal my true name,
Man, I was hanging out for the hammer vote for ages! I thought I had it twice, but on one occassion somebody had their vote stolen, and on another I missed DJ Codex... Aaaaarggh! :shock: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:37 pm 

Congrats JJ on the win, playing SK is a fun game and always tense

Thanks for the game Russia I had heaps of fun, although I played a little too high profile, I had fun while it lasted.

My next involvement in a game of mafia is sadly going to be when I get on top of a few things at work which may not be until I run my game ... we'll see.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:29 pm 

Yep, achievements were awesome!

At first I was thinking this was going to be next to impossible with 28 players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Without trying to sound like an ass - I was astounded by the stupidity of the mafia early in this game - and then the same by majority of the town when they failed to capitalise. There were just so many facepalm moments as a spectator that it was excruciating!

JJ played a pretty good game for the most part - but then totally slipped up on the final day. If any of you had been paying attention - you should have nailed him and scored the win. Go back and see if you can pick the post that could have won it for you. ;)

And for anyone complaining about being vanilla - I have to say that playing as a vanilla character is one of my favourite roles. There is no limit to what you can do with a bit of cleverness & creativity - and by paying attention. This game for me was a good example of that. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm 

Quote:
Without trying to sound like an ass - I was astounded by the stupidity of the mafia early in this game - and then the same by majority of the town when they failed to capitalise. There were just so many facepalm moments as a spectator that it was excruciating!

JJ played a pretty good game for the most part - but then totally slipped up on the final day. If any of you had been paying attention - you should have nailed him and scored the win. Go back and see if you can pick the post that could have won it for you. ;)

And for anyone complaining about being vanilla - I have to say that playing as a vanilla character is one of my favourite roles. There is no limit to what you can do with a bit of cleverness & creativity - and by paying attention. This game for me was a good example of that. ;)
While only browsing every day i thought when aenur was going on about we should just not vote sounded suss to me that was like 2 days before the end. It is amazing though when townies go to war on each other so much fun

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Nope, that wasn't it. ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1104 105 106 107 108 Next