The notes trail off dramatically toward the end, but here they are:
- Slow start to day one, thanks in part to Australia day. Had I realized that beforehand I would have extended the day length by 24 hours.
- The mafia threw a few names around as possible kill targets, firstly The Hat followed by Malignant.
- Unfortunately I had to bust OSOI for describing his achievement in a mafia e-mail. He lost the chance to achieve it.
- Malignant's post about my philosophy when picking characters was pretty good, particularly in regards to suspecting that I'd take "additional steps" to screw with you (I gave the mafia, sk and cult leader safe-claims this time around). I'm sure at this point nobody would have thought that Mario could be a fake-claim!
- Conversation started to pick up a little late on the Friday, but a few players had still made zero posts.
- Malignant's accusation of Aza got some wind and pretty soon he was swinging. Gotta admit that losing a scum on Day 1 makes me nervous... it's always fun when the mafia are on the front-foot.
- The mafia were talking about off'ing Malignant at this point which would be a good idea. Particularly considering he won a cop use (not that they knew).
- The night actions for Night 1 were shaping up to make things VERY hard for the mafia in days to come. Malignant was targeting a scum player with his 1-shot cop and drsn0 chose to roleblock Aenur who was going to kill a townie for them!
- The mafia watcher saw Bokke66 and Gambit visit Malignant at night, and it was reasonable for them to assume that one of them would have been a doctor. I'm surprised they didn't figure that Dr. Freeman was the doctor... could have helped.
- drsn0 chose not to use the last safe-claim (Kratos) because he was thinking James Heald might be claiming a god from the same game. He should have trusted that I'd given them safe claims as I wrote but instead he went with Thrall, a very weak RC.
- I'm feeling already that the mafia are doomed. Disembodied Head will get done from the cop result and drsn0 from his RC, leaving 4 mafia to survive a serial killer and 20+ town members...
- Scum players really need to learn to sit back and play less of an active role in the discussions. You're much better off contributing very little and leaving the town to run around in circles then you are trying to direct a lynch or cast suspicion.
- Even after the weak RC of Thrall being picked apart Disembodied Head said he was going to RC James Bond! This RC is extremely weak as every other character in the game is a video game character, not a movie character with video games made about them. I fear for the mafia even more.
- I'm really hoping that Sensual_Lettuce chooses wisely tonight as his first recruitment attempt (Centurions) failed. He needs to go for a player who is quite obviously town, the shiniest example being Malignant. The risk in going for an unknown player is far too great.
- As soon as the guilty result on James Heald came out, the mafia should have sat back and watched things unfold, especially Disembodied Head. DH was named as a suspect so him being gung-ho on lynching James casts doubt on the accuracy of the result. The mafia know that he isn't going to flip mafia, so they should be thinking about how they'll look upon review. DH made 4 posts in quick succession, bad move.
- It struck me how much the mafia were discussing the way they wanted to lead the town/direct the lynch. I really don't think it's a good idea for the mafia to try and control the day phase, leave that up to the town.
- 3 mafia players all voted for James within the span of 2 minutes... should probably try and space things out a bit more.
- I don't get how OSOI revealing that Bokke66 visited Malignant made him suspect? I think it was a mistake for OSOI to out himself that early with nothing interesting to provide.
- The mafia executioner could have executed James Heald once he had the required votes, it would have changed things dramatically.
- The mafia chose to roleblock Gambit.. which I thought was a strange choice. They could have done far more damage by blocking Spektre, making him look suspect when he's forced to say "I was blocked!".
- Night 2 actions continued the bad luck for the mafia, with The Hat vig killing drsn0 and Matt getting a doctor shot because they blocked Gambit (who was going to redirect actions away from Matt).
- So many people keep saying that power roles need to come forward with their results. It should be clear by now that people with results will come forward when they deem it safe and useful, until then you can use a little detective work like Malignant!
- Some commented that the town were ahead of mafia because all 3 dead mafia were power roles. Try also the fact that there are 3 times as many townies as mafia!
- I think Donkey Kong was an average RC, would have been better to go with a popular current generation character like Marcus Phoenix or Soap McTavish.
- Again the mafia talked about wanting to try and get players lynched (Spektre/James Heald) which is a really bad move. Like I said before mafia shouldn't be the ones throwing accusations and trying to drive lynches.
- Too many players afraid to make the first move or to go out on a limb, a typical mafia problem.
- The Hat and a few others are convinced that one of the fighting game characters is a fake.
- Obeisance's list of dodgy RCs:
#1 Charlie - Cammy
#2 one second of insanity - Donkey Kong
#3 Bloodbane - Yoshimitsu
#4 eckythump - Raiden
#5 James Heald - Amaterasu
- I like how people were suss on Bokke66 for targeting Malignant when he said nobody should, yet everyone ignores that OSOI only knows that because he targeted Malignant as well.
- Hmmm, starting to think the Absorber power was a mistake as it can lead to far too many 'confirmed' townies. On the other hand it was probably just bad luck (for me) that Matt-Shadowlord got the Absorber as he is a player very likely to be targeted by multiple powers.
- At Different points during Day 3 the mafia executioner could have killed Gambit, Bokke66 or James Heald.
- Only waiting for someone to hammer James Heald at the time of writing yet I suspect some unvoting will begin and the town will go around in another circle.
- Or not. I get a twisted bit of Schadenfreude from the fact that James was a single night away from completing his achievement.
- The mafia don't seem to be thinking about Matt's power at all, or paying any attention to what he said to Bokke66 about doing the same thing and being able to go a night without a mafia kill. *Sigh*
- I'm honestly astounded that the mafia tried to go for Bokke66, the player most likely to be protected/watched! The threat of a doc is that they prevent kills so when it's obvious who they are going to target (i.e. Matt) why not go for someone else?
- Some people still haven't picked up on Matt's power... the cult even thinks he has voyeur for some reason (can't figure out why though??).
- The mafia decided to focus on trying to get the confirmed townies lynched and killing the edges at night. This is backwards in my opinion, trying to get the confirmed townies lynched is risky and difficult. They just need to understand that a doc is not a huge threat unless there is someone important for them to protect (like a cop).
- Definitely regretting including the Absorber power, it's far too unbalancing in favour of town. Matt-Shadowlord has essentially been able to confirm Bokke66, DJCodex and Obeisance. Damn.
- Arrrg! It's so frustrating seeing 'one second of insanity' on the top of the cults target list. I can totally understand why as even Matt seems to think he's town... but I really want the cult to get at least one more member.
- With hindsight I would have made it so the absorber a) could only absorb each power once and/or b) could only absorb one power a night (determined randomly).
- Epic stall in the game. It seems like everyone is just waiting to follow Matt's lead and they're too afraid to make a claim themselves for fear of backlash. Even when people finally come on and vote (Obi, Brunificus, The Hat) someone will snap at them for trying to "start a lynch train" (isn't that the whole point of trying to lynch someone!?) and they back down.
- Damn that absorber power... damn it to hell. Thanks to it the mafia are going to have an even more difficult time of surviving to the end. The "confirmed" townies they'll need to remove are Gambit, Bokke66, Matt, DJCodex and Obeisance. If they target a player that isn't on this then they'll be making a huge mistake. Here's to hoping that Aenur helps them out.
- Okay I'm liking the mafia's choice of target right now (DJCodex) but I'm still terrified that the cult will go for OSOI.
- Interesting choices for night actions. As I write neither the cult nor the mafia have decided but it looks like the mafia will target Obi, DJ or Bloodlust (Obi and DJ are the smarter picks) and the cult will recruit Obeisance (good pick). OSOI's name is still being thrown around in the cult chat but as long as they don't try for him tonight it should be okay as he'll get killed by the SK tonight.
- Another wasted opportunity by Dave to execute someone. I think he's holding out for his achievement which I really don't think is a good idea. He could have executed the doc for cripes sake!
- I'm sure Matt will be surprised when he doesn't absorb another doctor shot, at this stage it seems like he won't be absorbing anything (good!).
- Freaking dammit! Just when I was over the moon that the cult chose to recruit Obeisance instead of OSOI, The Hat ruins it all by roleblocking Sensual_Lettuce! Curses! It was going to be so freaking sweet because Gambit had redirected from Obi onto Bloodbane so the cult would have actually recruited Bloodbane! That would have been wicked.
- The mafia are convinced that there is an even night serial killer, not a bad assumption but as we know, not correct.
- Again the mafia are talking about trying to drive a lynch with things like "who's going to be our number 1 for a lynch today?". I keep repeating this but the mafia trying to drive lynches is a bad plan that never works in the long run. Just look at what has happened now that OSOI has flipped mafia, all those suspects he was trying to "drive" a lynch on now look even more guilty and he didn't even go after a mafia player to muddy the waters.
- Matt figured out the Governor quickly but is suspecting mafia involvement, not a bad assumption.
- eckythump hasn't come forward as the governor, not sure if that's a smart move.
- Sensual_Lettuce is suspecting that Gambit was somehow involved in him failing to recruit. If he understood the Redirector power he would see that Gambit could not stop him recruiting, only redirect his target.
- Wyldcarde suggesting that Gambit is a serial killer? WTF? His redirector power is pretty much confirmed and making this accusations sticks out like a sore thumb. Blend mafia, blend!
- Aenur expressed some amazement at the number of protective powers in the game because 2 were seen targeting the doc. The explanation of course is Bloodlust's JoaT and Matt clearly being an absorber.
- The cult are trying to figure out who Gambit redirected Obi with in order to find another mafia suspect. This doesn't make any sense though because if Sensual_Lettuce were redirected onto a mafia player then he would have died.
- Arrrg! Wyldcarde suggested holding onto the vigilante kill they were given for another night! Why!?!? Brunificus has just been named one of two main suspects by MSL making him a lynch target for the next day and there is the chance of being killed at night. They should totally just use it ASAP.
- I cannot believe that Brunificus didn't use his vig kill... why!?!?!?!
- I'm very surprised that Aenur went for Brunificus over a confirmed townie with a power role.
- Okay, Brunificus changed his mind and decided to use his vig kill, good!
- Aenur dodged a bullet regarding the wording of his win-con. I felt the need to jump in for two reasons a) a few town players did in fact receive differently worded Role PMs and b) it's a cheap tactic (in my opinion) and is the sort of thing I put a rule in place to stop.
- Both the cult and mafia got lucky when Aenur targeted Scotty Wazza for the kill but unfortunately for the cult, Sensual_Lettuce got roleblocked by The Hat.
- aaaaaaaannnd the execution power was wasted because he held onto it.
- The mafia are talking about not performing a kill tonight... for some insane reason. Centurions is also talking about revealing himself... for an equally insane reason.
- Well that's finally it for the Cult Leader. Despite talking about recruiting Charlie (good idea!) Sensual_Lettuce decided to go for Aenur (bad idea!).
- Good use of logic by Massaen.
- Haven't written any notes in a while but wow, what a close game (for the serial killer). Aenur should have this in the bag now unless two things happen. In order to lose he must a) target Brookesy instead of MrGTST and b) MrGTST must target Aenur instead of Brookesy.
From Russia With Love