[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Video Game Character Mafia - GAME OVER Serial Killer Win!! - Page 105 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:41 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1103 104 105 106 107 108 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 am 

What can I say.... I fell asleep :D

*fingers crossed*

VOTE: SPECTRE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 am 

NIGHT 10

A lynch has been reached

Spektre - Wander, Paranoid Cop, Town

The Light Shows the Way: Get 3 Guilty results
Reward: Get paranoid status mod-confirmed.

Deadline for Night Actions: Today 8pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:51 am 

DAY 11

A death has occurred

MrGTST - Commander Shepard, Universal Backup, Town

Renegade: Become the Backup of a mafia player's role.
Reward: Gain 1-shot Lie Detector.
GAME OVER

SERIAL KILLER WIN!!
[/size][/b]

Aenur - Pacman, Serial Killer, 1-shot bulletproof

Wakka Wakka Wakka: Get four night kills in a row.
Reward: Gain Strongman.
Plenty of notes to come!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 am 

Winner!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 am 

Congratulations JJ!!

You just made westgamer history, with the rarest of all events -- a 1 man faction winning the game.

I can't believe you managed to pull that off when there should have been so many alarm bells ringing, so well done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 am 

Massive congratulations to JJ (Aenur) for pulling off the first serial killer win I've ever seen!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am 

Ahahaha that's awesome, congrats Aenur! That was a really fun game and the achievements idea combined with cult madness really kept everyone on their toes, thanks for running it Russia!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 am 

Congrats JJ...

As I mentioned, I suspected you of being the serial killer but thought I still had a chance if I survived the night phase...

For those that cared I was a universal backup and picked up the first role that was removed from the game.... that turned out to be Aza's vote thief ability so essentially I have been a double voter throughout the game...

Being the vote theif meant that towards the end of the game I became more and more effective as the player numbers reduced and which is also why I didn't want to ellaborate on my power....

I was going to steal JJ's vote on the final night and hope that brooksey was the target of the kill, thus giving the town a win.... but oh well the gamble didn't pay off :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:17 am 

A few basic notes about game set-up before I drop the whole log:

- The composition was fairly standard with 25% mafia, 25% Vanilla, a serial killer and a cult leader. 50% of the townies were power roles though only 2 were investigative roles (Voyeur, Tracker) and the only sane cop powers can from the JoaT and Master Chief's achievement.

- To balance the number of town power roles and the presence of the serial killer the mafia were all power roles and contained some extra awesome abilities like executioner, vote thief, roleblocker as well as possible vigilante and vengeful kills. They also had a watcher, which was great because everyone assumes they're town.

- The mafia, serial killer and cult leader were given safe fake-claims. The mafia were given 4 (Mario, Lara Croft, Kratos and Nathan Drake) meaning they still had to come up with 3 fakes. Providing safe fakes is a common practice designed to ensure a reasonably competitive game and stop disappointing things happening like the serial killer getting caught by a bad RC day 1.

- All in all the mafia were fairly super powered but were ham strung by some fairly poor choices and a mafia-hunting serial killer (more on that later). Even the use of a cult provides a boon to the mafia as it essential means that no townie can be "confirmed" and the mafia themselves are immune to recruitment.

- The cult in this game is the first instance of a "standard" cult in Westgamer Mafia i.e. Compulsory recruiting, powers are retained, starts with only the leader, leader dies if targets non-townie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 am 

Quote:
I was going to steal JJ's vote on the final night and hope that brooksey was the target of the kill, thus giving the town a win.... but oh well the gamble didn't pay off :)
Yep, if Aenur had targeted Brookesy then you would have won it for town. Extremely close game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am 

Quote:
- The mafia, serial killer and cult leader were given safe fake-claims. The mafia were given 4 (Mario, Lara Croft, Kratos and Nathan Drake) meaning they still had to come up with 3 fakes. Providing safe fakes is a common practice designed to ensure a reasonably competitive game and stop disappointing things happening like the serial killer getting caught by a bad RC day 1.
I really liked this, and thought it was a nice touch to stop those day 1 RC blunders.
Something I'll be putting in my games.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am 

I knew something was up with mrgtst as brooksey was cult... And I figured if there was no way that I could lose russia would end it immediately. When it said submit night actions I had no real choice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:59 am 

Darn you Aenur, darn you..... Thought my survivor claim was going along nicely and teaming up with the SK was going well...... Well played.

Great game Russia. Thouroughly enjoyable. Shame we lost 3 mafia so quickly though. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am 

Wooh, I survived... Sort of but not really... :oops:

Well played Aenur! :D

It was pretty funny though as the Cult never really got started and never went beyond 3 people (Sensual Lettuce, Bokke and I) and when SL got pinged off... Daaaannnnggg....

Anyway, good game, very well run Russia and nicely balanced as well. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 am 

Yep good game jj. Good to see the fake rc's given out, at least partially.

After the train wreck of the first day mafia finished a lot better than we expected. Tho serial killer was pin point on his mafia kills it was nuts.

But even with centurions and I left we were still in with a shot. Then i got turbo lynched for no reason and aenur managed to pick up strongman to counteract centurions deathproof it definately was an unlucky game for mafia.

It was a weird game to play As mafia tho as sloppy play early and bad luck late definately had us as the hunted.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1103 104 105 106 107 108 Next