It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1137 138 139 140 141 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 am 
Site Admin

The bit that I found most entertaining was waiting to see how the Green Goblin's killing spree would pan out. It was fully possible at one point that he'd be able to set up 3 or more primed characters and then set them all off in one megablast of epic proportions! :mrgreen:

Oh, BTW Disembodied Head - have you worked out who killed you yet? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 am 

Great game Mal there was some awesome powers floating around. For the majority of my time alive i used vorag as my disguise(bus driver target) as he was so quiet that I figured he was either no threat to the mafia or mafia himself, oh of only the mafia tried to kill me they would have killed one of their own. My mistake was that I targeted Massaen with my bus driver ability the day he was lynched but didn't die as believed he was actualy deathproof :oops: If I hadn't targeted him he would have diedw but alas I took the bullet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 am 

Quote:
I wonder how the game would have played out if you had investigated the daycop killer instead of OSOI killer. We screwed up there! I just never expected OSOI to be a neighbor :cry:
I had said that I had already targeted Aza with my Alarmist the night he died, and I was guessing that there is no order to the names listed for the Forensic Investigator, either way, Gambit shot to the top of my kill list when he outed his power. Thankfully someone killed him for me!

Having Town/3rd party suspect Mafia were day killers was great for a while. I didn't want to push that theory too hard because I knew the truth of it and so did the Vigilantes :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:57 am 

I haven't really looked at it close enough to have a theory yet. I thought maybe JJ's nexus somehow caused it bounce back to me but that would have been extremely bad luck to get randomly hit by it. I assume I got Vig by someone?? I also pretty much though I was going to die everytime I used my power :lol:

I was trying my best to get a bunch primed up but I was in trouble once Gambit fingered me. The way that Sunday played out for me was really bad though so I didn't get to play it how I wanted. My wife was screaming at me as we were late for a BBQ and I thought she was actually going to smash our laptop just prior to my death. I pretty much had to just try and fire off my kills and see what happened afterwards.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I had considered priming Vorag the 5th night as he was highest on my mafia list but I wasn't sure of it. So I went with Gambit as I hoped it might be possible to talk people around to just getting ridd of Massaen at that point to remove his variable from the mix. Killing another town member wasn't going to hurt the third party wincon either and gave me a better chance of winning even if I was killed.

If I had more time I may have been able to make something out of Mal forgetting to show Gambit as a neighbor when he listed the kill :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 am 

Quote:
Having Town/3rd party suspect Mafia were day killers was great for a while.
I certainly felt they were day killers for a while, particularly after the poisoner flipped and we had 3 deaths at the end of a day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 am 

I wrote this from night one and have not changed what I was thinking at each night phase :)

-----

I was the mafia godfather but the mafia didn't know it. I was added to there emails with out them being able to see it (I don't know how.) They where instructed to make two kill choices per night and I got the final call of those two. But I had no input at all and was in no way allowed to hint or tell them who I was, I enabled all their powers if I died they had nothing.
So I kept a log :)

Godfather choices log

Night 1

Matt shadow-lord or sensual lettuce

With sensual as Phoenix I thought he was better left in play, if paulfrank went down then he could maybe be a lynch target with one of the closest RC's to a good guy 

Night 2

Aza or brookesy 

Aza got picked for being vocal and getting a lot of letters, I would have gone for brookesy but the idea gets thrown around that not only would people protect him but also watch him to see who targets him during the night.

Night 3

MrGTST or Russia

So hard not being able to contribute, I would have gone for neilw (seemed to be giving gifts at this point) or a random non mafia (better chance of not being protected by someone)
Went with Russia hoping no one protected him MrGTST claimed a one shot cop, hoped that was all he had. 

I will have spoken about this in the thread but it's this night that I was contacted by the kingpin and asked if I would join him, I could have said yes. My conditions were that the mafia didn't know me, I don't know what would have happened but if I  could ally maybe I could have (theoretically) kept his people safe through selecting the mafia kills we could have owned the game, but with death proof x 3 I didnt see it being fun so I refused. 

This way I could cause a ton of confusion in the thread, devalue the cops and hopefully help the mafia (from the shadows!) to victory!

Day 4

We somehow lost our ninja in the night and then The Hat gets found guilty :( 

Through a communication breakdown we only found out (after night actions where in) that The Hats strongman ability was triggered by a non-mafia player voting for him. Apparently he was allowed to say this earlier than he did/ or did say it and we didn't see it/ or something similar. It would have been so easy to get a vote on Adrian earlier but by the time we found out aza had him guilty :(

Night 4

Aza or Thatnicguy 

Well not a lot of choice here. But I would have picked Aza anyway, I was hoping his self-save talk up was a bluff. 
Just a note, made the call before he announced his newborn ;) felt guilty then!

Night 5

Gambit or matt shadowlord

I get offered to join the neighbors again! I accept.. Don't know what it will mean, tried to find out info during the prior day but will have to stay on my toes, at this point still aiming for mafia win.

Kill choices where gambit or matt shadowlord 

Matt had bulletproof that was ignored due to poisoner so I guess he still had it, gambits forensic ability was terrifying so he was my pick of the two. 

Then I changed my mind! Turns out I couldn't contact the neighbors till the next day so I held off on gambit and went for matt hoping that it would just take out his bulletproof and leave gambit with nothing to check..

Night 6

Russia or Orange

I got so lucky with the previous night MSL didn't have bulletproof and I found out gambit had no more forensic shots and then he was killed by DH anyway.
Night 6 choices where Russia or Orange, I went with russia he still had a investigative power of sorts. His list of suspects included vorag but almost cleared DJ and myself. DJ's fake power claim was doing well :)

Night 7

Brookesy or MrGTST

Brookesy had been recruited the day before. At this point I am reading DJ's emails, responding to pm's and commenting in the thread.
DJ proposes the kills in a morning and asks if I can hold off till the evening as he can't get on. Perfect.
I am online all day, talked to brookesy a lot. Brookesy pegs me in a list as town, then we discuss who to go for in the thread. 
I give brookesy another day, we can lynch easier as neighbors. Hoped mrGTST didn't have a save, he didnt :)

Night 8

Bokke66?

I managed to miss who the choices where and dont have any emails to refer to. Bokke was the watcher we had been blocking and an obvious choice

Night 9

Thatnicguy or Orange

Phew! Ha! Town manages a no lynch. I upset DJ by pointing out brookesy's voyeur result in thread. Brookesy had shared that he targeted DJ and got negative utility and I guessed (not a big guess) that orange had stolen his vote and thought it would be good to point it out to DJ. 
Unfortunately I had to claim voyeur to keep the neighbours safe which rated me highly on DJ's hit list. 
So he picked me or orange. 

Good choice that vote thief was a great ability. But will he go..

Night 10

Thatnicguy or Neilw

Orange went and the town lynched aenur, didn't see that coming.

DJ still thinks I have an investigate so it's me or neilw.. Sorry neilw

Night 11

Thatnicguy or brookesy

About an hour before the DJ emailed brookesy pm'd a list to mass an myself. Remaining town and what he thought. Had me as definate town. Poor guys ;)

Night 12 

Thatnicguy or Centurions

Drsno votes for himself ending the game. And yet DJ still picked me or centurions! I would have liked a choice I was really worried cent would have a reflect and the game would keep going with no deathproofs!  I would have gone for Massaen but lucky for him he wasn't an option ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 am 

Well done mafiascum, that was an interesting game. I think Mal did a very good job of staying on top of an extremely complicated moderating job.

The conflicting win conditions certainly made it a lot more complicated for players than usual too.
Quote:
3. I sent Matt-Shadowlord my letter day 2 trying to frame Aza, you can imagine my state of panic when he was revived, I didn't want to chance he was just sitting on it so I killed him the night he was revived, thankfully he came back powerless
Scumbag!
Quote:
Also MSL when you died the second time you showed no bullet proof etc. Did you come back much more vanilla?
Yes I came back vanilla, but you don't need powers to track down the bad guys and get a lynch pushed through! Then I had to wait for drsn0 to realise that if his win condition was to have anyone he revived alive at the end of the game and he had more than 1-Shot, he needed to bring me back again. It looks like he held out to try double his power instead.

BTW Thanks for the revive drsn0! I didn't say it at the time because I didn't expect anyone to actually tell the mafia 'I can bring people back to life, kill me!' :D

One question about lynches though, was it just me or did it feel a bit like the investigate/vote/lynch process was a lot less pivotal than usual? It seemed like there were a couple days where hours of argument and debate ended in no-death lynches and someone else would just kill someone on a whim mid-sentence.
Probably just a role-madness thing. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 am 

Quote:
One question about lynches though, was it just me or did it feel a bit like the investigate/vote/lynch process was a lot less pivotal than usual? It seemed like there were a couple days where hours of argument and debate ended in no-death lynches and someone else would just kill someone on a whim mid-sentence.
Probably just a role-madness thing. :D
i found this a lot, finger pointing everywhere and when a vote did go through, 'no deaths have occured' so it was an utter waste of time.

Adrian didnt get to use his Strongman
Craig never got to use either of his 2x Vigilante
so the deathproof/bulletproof players were always going to ahve a field day

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 am 

I felt as a spectator that not a lot of reasoning took place during the back half of the game. TNG and DJ did a good job of keeping things confused.

I knew we were in a lot of trouble when the town wouldn't accept the third party win-con and were happy to pursue lynches against third party, almost to the exclusion of trying to find mafia. It was like it was just a big relief to not be on the chopping block and bad lynches were followed too easily. I'd go as far to say the town really didn't seem to understand their own wincon and worried way too much about personally dying and that was the preoccupation instead of finding the mafia. Sorry if that sounds bitchy, it's just my observation :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Craig never got to use either of his 2x Vigilante
Actually, Craig shocked you all with the first day kill by taking out Bloodlust! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 am 

A lot of my lists and post where pointing out the non-existing factions to one another. Not being able to communicate with DJ was great because he wasn't helping me but he would vote when the wrong one got started and for his own reasons (and vice versa)

I couldn't believe our luck when it went as far as a no lynch day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 am 

I like how Mal is teasing us and trying to get more theories on the table before he reveals the nitty gritty of the madness!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 am 
Site Admin

In case no-one's picked up on it yet, the key theme I tried to create with this game was the idea of how Marvel heroes with the ability to work as a team (hence, why I made them the mafia side) were certainly a match for a much larger group of villians - unless the villians could actually get it together and work in unison instead of pursuing their own separate agendas (as they often tend to do).

The 3rd party characters in this game were either the baddest of the bad, or those more likely to pursue their own agendas. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:58 am 
Site Admin

So what did you all think of my character pick for the Godfather? :mrgreen:

The guy just loves to cameo in everything. ;)

Incidentally - Mr Lee was the only character who didn't get one of the letters - because it was him who wrote them! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 am 

Stan Lee was a great choice for the Godfather. I expected Professor X. lol.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1137 138 139 140 141 Next