[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Marvel Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN! - Page 137 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1135 136 137 138 139141 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 pm 

So close.... congrats to the Mafia :)

Also a big thanks to Luke, like everything else you get involved in it showed real class from start to end :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:14 pm 

All I can say is well played thatnicguy - despite a dubious rolecall I would never have picked you as god father!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:15 pm 

I count 8 night kills to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :twisted: and they were all after I lost my Shield (Redirector) to the Lightning Rod.

Hi-five AVENGERS!!! :mrgreen:

Awesome game Mal, certainly out done yourself, cannot wait to read your reports.

I made so many mistakes :oops:

1. Roleclaimed Ghost Rider, my first choice was actually Silver Surfer............oh well.
2. Didn't read Ecky's Absorber power correctly, I could have targeted him with my power and then effectively we would have had 2 Redirectors!
3. I sent Matt-Shadowlord my letter day 2 trying to frame Aza, you can imagine my state of panic when he was revived, I didn't want to chance he was just sitting on it so I killed him the night he was revived, thankfully he came back powerless.
3. It was my Redirector that got Lightning Rod'd and killed Vragr.
4. I actually claimed Redirector AFTER Massaen's Recruiter power was outed, not the other way around as I so claimed.
5. No one seemed to blink an eye lid that I said I targeted Russia the night he died.
6. I spent two days (game days, so like 5 days real time) setting up Massaen, only I had gotten Aza and Russia mixed up with my planning so nothing eventuated from that, I think that was day 8 & 9 when I went on my fact finding mission to try and fill in all the blanks and asked Massaen lots of questions and make it look like I wasn't a threat to him anymore...........I felt so stupid.

I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten..........

7. My spidey senses were telling me to Roleblock Sensual_Lettuce night after night after night.................. :oops:

Basic game plan after 4 of us died in 2 days was to just pick away at it. Blind luck and some good reasoning and back peddling skills kept me alive. Pick on the 3rd party players during the day, kill Town at night, caused a lot of paranoia. I was also setting it up so if I went down, Sensual_Lettuce would be next after me, bam, two more dead.

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm 

Great game Luke, it truly was madness.

The variety of powers (both custom and normal) and alignments made things very difficult to piece together. I think Drsn0 becoming epically convinced that Brookesy and I were mafia caused a slight turn around mid-game which the mafia were able to capitalize on. My list of mafia suspects ended up being near completely wrong, but with so many strange win-conditions around nearly everyone was acting suspiciously. I'm very much looking forward to reading the behind the scenes notes, I can scarcely imagine the hilarity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:20 pm 

P.S. Those who haven't already done so, sign ups for my game are here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

I thought that DJ and thatnicguy did amazingly well staying in there for so long with what I thought were massively dubious RCs - even for this game. ;)

The funny thing was, that I think DJ not actually knowing that nic was the Godfather probably worked in their favour for a while here, as it looked pretty convincing that they weren't operating in unison.

I have to say though guys - you really dropped the ball on the final day there. If I was a player in the game at that point I would have nailed you both. 8) Lucky for you the others weren't on the ball. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 pm 

Quote:
All I can say is well played thatnicguy - despite a dubious rolecall I would never have picked you as god father!
Yeah that was the biggest risk I took :) I had no idea if it what would happen. If it would let me or change my win-con or alignment. And then when I did join I had to lie in the Pm's keep that in sync with the thread and not reveal myself to the mafia while choosing their kills.

I had a great time :)

Big apology to drsno, I did not let up on him and noe you can see i knew you wernt mafia. Going for him everything just fell into place, he stuck around so I could just stay on the one target and other people got lynched in the meantime.

I kept a log of all the choice the mafia gave me and who I chose and why. I'l post it later if people want to read it.
The funniest part is DJ try's to kill me like five times :D
The solo emails where hilarious :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:24 pm 

Just wanna say that my PM from Luke said I was a 3rd party/survivor, but his list doesn't. Someone called me on "lying about my RC again" after I died. I actually didn't.

Well. Aside from hiding the fact I was a 3rd party. But that's totally understandable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
with so many strange win-conditions around nearly everyone was acting suspiciously.
Funny you should mention that...

If you read above - it actually was a lot simpler than most of you thought! There were really only 3 main win conditions amongst the players:

Mafia - Kill enough players to leave mafia in the majority
Town - Kill all of the mafia
3rd Party - Kill all of the mafia and leave the 3rd party players with the majority over town

And some small variations on that for a couple of individuals. Not that nuts really.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just wanna say that my PM from Luke said I was a 3rd party/survivor, but his list doesn't. Someone called me on "lying about my RC again" after I died. I actually didn't.
My mistake - you are indeed correct. I'll edit it now. (Not that it really mattered in game)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm 

Deathproof x 3. Mind blown :roll: That would have taken some concerted action that the town/3rd parties was clearly not capable of. Awesome game from TNG to ensure the town never accepted the third party wincons and had them pretty much forgetting about the mafia for a large portion of the game.

Pretty happy with my game. Misplayed by not getting the forensic result out of Gambit before whacking OSOI which was ultimately my undoing. Still managed to participate in offing 3 mafiosi and2 town which advanced my win-con significantly and saved the town from wasting alynch on me.Not that they used the opportunity well! :P

Keen to see Mal's event log and Nic's mafia logs. Should be some good laughs there 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm 

Quote:
Someone called me on "lying about my RC again" after I died. I actually didn't.
That would have been me, but like you say according to your death notice you were lying about being a survivor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Deathproof x 3. Mind blown :roll: That would have taken some concerted action that the town/3rd parties was clearly not capable of.
Not at all. All you had to do was either kill DJCodex (which you would have had to do to win anyway) or drsn0 who were both Deathproof Enablers. *Poof* - power gone! ;)

There was a huge amount of killing power on the town/3rd party side during this game as well, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it didn't last.

If I were to run this exact game again, I probably would have lowered it a bit, but it certainly wasn't an insurmountable obstacle with the other stuff present.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 pm 

Quote:
Deathproof x 3. Mind blown :roll: That would have taken some concerted action that the town/3rd parties was clearly not capable of. Awesome game from TNG to ensure the town never accepted the third party wincons and had them pretty much forgetting about the mafia for a large portion of the game.

Pretty happy with my game. Misplayed by not getting the forensic result out of Gambit before whacking OSOI which was ultimately my undoing. Still managed to participate in offing 3 mafiosi and2 town which advanced my win-con significantly and saved the town from wasting alynch on me.Not that they used the opportunity well! :P

Keen to see Mal's event log and Nic's mafia logs. Should be some good laughs there 8)
Here's a big point. I personnaly thought deathproof x 3 was really overpowered from the role pm. It became evident that there where crazy ammounts of
Kill abilitys flying around soon can see how it was justified.

That said I worked really hard to make it to the end of the game without losing a single deathproof. I could have had zero. Through a fair bit o luck no one tried to kill or
lynch me once.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 pm 

Quote:
And some small variations on that for a couple of individuals. Not that nuts really.
From our end it seemed nuts though. We had a whole bunch of people claiming "3rd" party and saying they had their own condition, which made the waters very choppy. Add to that the number of powers (obviously), "mutants", and the way that powers were modified from normal (like redirector, governor, poisoner) and the game was indeed madness. Massaen is the clearest example, with mix of cult-like and non cult-like aspects that made him impossible to read.

Whenever someone has a different win-con to me or seems to be hiding something they become suspicious, and it's tough to be cohesive when everyone looks so damn suss! :)

The madness didn't detract from the fun though!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1135 136 137 138 139141 Next