[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Alien vs Predator Mafia - Page 115 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1744 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1113 114 115 116 117 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:24 pm 

shame im off to work now - i imagine the game will be officially be over when i return

the weird thing with this is that mbtg was so willing to answer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm 

It will be an epic win if you are alien and snagged the wording from DJ's post and MbtG is a powerrole and doesn't match me :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm 

im off and glad im finishing at 5am today - will check back at 6am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 pm 

Searched DJ posts and he didn't quote the PM from what I can see but used some similar wording. Phew.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 pm 

OK, bourbon drained and I'm off to bed. Hopefully I haven't been a total plonker and we wake to a victorious town!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:50 pm 

ive 20mins to kill b4 riding to work now that coffee has saved the day

id thought about doing the my 15th letter is... (not including spaces) when i started this game but none of the xp players did it them selves so i thought it was something that was bad as it took away from the invest side - so now that this is ok'd u recon it (word counts) will become the norm for day 1 of other games?

Post subject: Alien vs Predator Mafia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm 

GAME OVER

Dead - MBTG - Alien

TOWN WIN

Congratulations to town and well played by Disembodied Head to score the win. Congratulations also to MBTG for playing a solid game after his team mates all got lynched. Congratulations to Brookesy and Aza for lasting as long as they did as the serial killers.

With this game I wanted to change the dynamic of the role call that has become standard for mafia games here. I had hoped for people to try fake claim names, like Rathnard tried to start. It was good to see that solid post investigation does get results.

From my point of view there was a lot of metagaming to begin with. Very unfortunate for our "star players" who get lynched and or killed early on. it's important to reinforce that roles are always allocated randomly.

I think night talking added an interesting element. I like my themes so thought no one sleeps in the night with aliens and predators about. I don't think there was anything game changing about this but it gave people something to do during the night. I also wanted this to be like the theme so there was no cop or doctor, just trackers, watchers and bodyguards.

Agreed that night phases need to be short.

A thoroughly fun game for me to run and I hope everyone interested also enjoyed it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.531804,-3.126239

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:21 pm 

Awesome well done getting it done in the end guys.

A very close ending indeed.

Looked like we were pretty set which ever way we went as the 2 mafia were in our sights on the critical day.

Its funny that the no names and rolecalls actually ended up tripping up 3 mafia! Almost as effective as normal rolecalls.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm 

Soooo close as the serial killer only to get pinged off by the other serial killer and Alien :lol:

Well played guys and a massive thanks to Greenfugi for running this beastly game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 pm 

Quote:
Its funny that the no names and rolecalls actually ended up tripping up 3 mafia! Almost as effective as normal rolecalls.
Yeah, but that was totally my fault. I used one wrong word without thinking- I died. Then the people who defended me died.

I literally cost the aliens the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm 

Quote:
id thought about doing the my 15th letter is... (not including spaces) when i started this game but none of the xp players did it them selves so i thought it was something that was bad as it took away from the invest side - so now that this is ok'd u recon it (word counts) will become the norm for day 1 of other games?
Darth - this topic has been raised and discussed here:
Subject: Mafia HQ - Game List & Stats
Please note that different moderators will have different opinions on various rules - always confirm with the games moderator if you're unsure whether they'd consider something to be against the rules or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 pm 

Thanks for the game Greenfuji.

Well done folks, close in the end, it was lucky we had a good start.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but that was totally my fault. I used one wrong word without thinking- I died. Then the people who defended me died.

I literally cost the aliens the game.
No, they screwed up all on their own. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 pm 

Quote:
Soooo close as the serial killer only to get pinged off by the other serial killer and Alien :lol:

Well played guys and a massive thanks to Greenfugi for running this beastly game.
Sorry man, but the odd nights were in my favour, one more night and i could have been close :P

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 pm 

Yeah admittedly I was probably going to try and get you lynched for being a predator the next day though.

Good call. :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1744 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1113 114 115 116 117 Next