[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
MORDOR - Day 6 HOBBIT MAFIA VICTORY! - Page 5 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:37 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 722 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:50 am 

Haha I saw that coming. I am gashmug. So thoughts?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 am 

Quote:
Haha I saw that coming. I am gashmug. So thoughts?
I have some... Rudimentary thoughts at this stage, however...

Players I would like answers from, and to provide info about their character, and source material...

James Heald - Yrch... really?

The Sindarin name for the race known to Men as Orcs. 'Yrch' is the plural form; the singular is 'orch'

Do you claim to be an Orc, or some Orcs? This could be a slip-up, but I think it points to a possible fault in RC

Wyldcarde - Gashmug... Hmmm

I really want to believe you, but the lack of info in my several searches points to an unknown conclusion. It would be good to have more info about this one.

Rathnard - Gorbag

At this stage, a very early Lynch attempt, when pressure would have been enough. The claiming of a known character - I think that you are this character - but that still doesn't help me, as I know I cannot trust my rival.

At this stage, my vote stands, but I may be forced to change, after hearing from James and Wyld...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 am 

The list as it stands:
[]James Heald-Yrch-Orc Taskmaster
[]Rathnard-Gorbag
[]Charlie-Gordmul
[]Nurgle71-Radbug
[]Vesh-Shagrat

[]Wyldecard-Gashmug

With Shagrat and Gorbag voting against each other :lol:

At this point, the only safe RCs I see are Gorbag, Radbug and Shagrat. They were all actually a part of the books and as far as theme goes, all of them were there in the movie too. Of the ones left, we have Gordmul, Gashmug and Yrch.

I'm off for some gaming so go team! But in the meantime I think its worth considering either:
-putting the Orcs vs Urukhai theory to the test (it would make sense theme and its a classic part of LOTR); or
-having a bit of a prod at the second bunch of RCs and see what comes out.

Note: I haven't been asked to RC yet BUT I am Ufthak... Kind of funny that you Orcs should leave me out of the RCs today...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am 

Oh wait a sec, Vesh is already prodding away... :P
Quote:
James Heald - Yrch... really? The Sindarin name for the race known to Men as Orcs. 'Yrch' is the plural form; the singular is 'orch'Do you claim to be an Orc, or some Orcs? This could be a slip-up, but I think it points to a possible fault in RC
So does this even count as a name? And think about it, its probably as safe a claim as you can get...because its not an Orc name, its the name of Orcs in general.

I mean, even RCing first with something like that would be a fairly safe call and a great Mafia way to gain some initial support.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:25 am 

Quote:
I am Shagrat... Uruk-Hai Captain of Cirith Ungol.
Ah HA! My nemesis indeed! To be honest i suspected that you were either Shagrat or mafia, and was hoping you'd fake RC so i could press home the Lynch and a win-win scenario for me.

So fellow orcs (and dirty hobbits), here's the deal. Our character rules mean that Shagrat and I are sworn enemies, and we'll be at each others throats for the whole game until one of us gets the other killed.

This is a ridiculous side show that benefits only the mafia, so it'd be best to get this over with as soon as possible so we can concentrate on hunting down filthy hobbits.

So the question you need to ask yourself is - who do you value more? The mighty Gorbag, who has been active from hour one, has a smart phone and can commit to the game for as long as it runs? Or the cowardly Shagrat, who claims to be far to busy to deal with the likes if us? ;)

Lynch Shagrat, and i shall lead you onward to victory and delicious hobbit soup!

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:30 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I am Shagrat... Uruk-Hai Captain of Cirith Ungol.
Ah HA! My nemesis indeed! To be honest i suspected that you were either Shagrat or mafia, and was hoping you'd fake RC so i could press home the Lynch and a win-win scenario for me.

So fellow orcs (and dirty hobbits), here's the deal. Our character rules mean that Shagrat and I are sworn enemies, and we'll be at each others throats for the whole game until one of us gets the other killed.

This is a ridiculous side show that benefits only the mafia, so it'd be best to get this over with as soon as possible so we can concentrate on hunting down filthy hobbits.

So the question you need to ask yourself is - who do you value more? The mighty Gorbag, who has been active from hour one, has a smart phone and can commit to the game for as long as it runs? Or the cowardly Shagrat, who claims to be far to busy to deal with the likes if us? ;)

Lynch Shagrat, and i shall lead you onward to victory and delicious hobbit soup!
Ah, but now that I have some stuff worked out, and I have an iPhone, and an iPad that go with me everywhere... that point is mute. I am more than willing to slack off at work and send my minions to tire so that I can lead our glorious town to Victory... plus,

"The scum tried to knife me, KILL HIM"

[/u][/i][/b]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 am 

"YOU SHALL DIE DIRTY SHAGRAT! YOU SHALL DIE AND I SHALL DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!"

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 am 

Quote:
"YOU SHALL DIE DIRTY SHAGRAT! YOU SHALL DIE AND I SHALL DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!"
Nice try, but you've jumped the gun, calling when you should not have called, lynching when you should not be lynching - if you are mafia, you are worth killing, if you are not mafia, you are worth killing - impulsive and quick to lynch a townie, instead of giving the chance for someone to RC after an explanation of why they wouldn't...

My grave might be forthcoming, but yours will push up daises before mine is dug!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:50 am 

Well this is my first game so here's a newbie question... :oops:
How can Gorbag and Shagrat both be town and need to kill eachother?

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:54 am 

Quote:
Well this is my first game so here's a newbie question... :oops:
How can Gorbag and Shagrat both be town and need to kill eachother?
In some circumstances, there is a need to outlive another player, or to survive the game. This is one of those circumstances - our characters hate each other, and will fight tooth and nail to defeat the other... For the main win, the town doesn't care which of us succeeds, in actual fact, the best case scenario for Town is to kill all mafia and mafia only, but that rarely happens...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 am 

Everything Ive done, i did for a reason.

I was hasty in calling a lynch because you were either Shagrat or mafia, either of which is good for me. I wanted the RC's out asap because i needed to test a theory and didn't want to give the mafia time to work it out.

While you were working I've been laying subtle traps and misdirections to catch the mafia unawares, at least one of which I suspect has worked.

You want Mafia?

Wyldcarde
James Heald

There's two. Both have names that don't exist as characters in the books or movie, whereas the others are mentioned even if only in passing.

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:04 am 

Yep u are right on one point rathnard. I've never heard of my character and couldn't find anything on my character when I searched. But I daresay I'm not the only one as at least 3 others have indicated they aren't entirely sure of their character and I suspect that it has been done intentionally. If I was mafia surely making up a name to rolecall is an idiotic move. If I was to fake rolecall i would have gone with a character actually mentioned!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 am 

Well if you're not mafia, you'll vote to lynch Vesh...

;)

Malifaux Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:11 am 

Quote:
Well if you're not mafia, you'll vote to lynch Vesh...

;)
*Ahem*

I'm sure what Rathnard meant to say is that if you're not mafia, you'll vote to lynch Rathnard...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 am 

Quote:
Everything Ive done, i did for a reason.

I was hasty in calling a lynch because you were either Shagrat or mafia, either of which is good for me. I wanted the RC's out asap because i needed to test a theory and didn't want to give the mafia time to work it out.

While you were working I've been laying subtle traps and misdirections to catch the mafia unawares, at least one of which I suspect has worked.

You want Mafia?

Wyldcarde
James Heald

There's two. Both have names that don't exist as characters in the books or movie, whereas the others are mentioned even if only in passing.
Actually - whilst I'm posting, I would like to know what 'traps' you put into place. All it looks like you did is copy my list, and take your name off that list...

wait...

what's that?

MAFIA PLOY!!!
[/u][/i][/b]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 722 Next