It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Playing as mafia is definitely difficult. Just because you can kill each night doesn't mean it's an easy ride.

There are SO many ways you can slip up and get caught. Even if half the town are asleep at the wheel. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 pm 

Just my opinion, no disrespect to Aza intended. But as I said I probably wouldn't have included Comic Book Guy or Maggie.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 pm 

Or don't care about completing their win condition :P

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:03 pm 

When people think Simpsons they think, Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa. Right up to the end most town expected Lisa to be there and to have some kind of power. Look maybe I'm wrong but with such a truly massive cast as the Simpsons has there are plenty places for mafia to hide, and I do think not including Bart and Lisa was a mistake. And I want to reiterate the town as a whole played really poorly mafia deserved to win, and since I've never run a game of mafia anything I say about moderation is mere speculation. But I do feel those 2 charecters not being in the game helped mafia. And I also want to thank Aza for running the game.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:05 pm 

Serial killer has been the most fun for me. Hard to play but so much fun. I like it when the theme adds to the game too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Regarding the presence of "Lisa" - we (the mafia) actually had a dastardly elaborate plan in place for the last day in case things got hairy. Something like this:

- If people started getting suspicious of any of us to the point of voting (and ONLY if it started to look REALLY risky), then Nic was to reveal as Lisa.
- DJ then calls Nic out as a liar and reveals as the "real" Lisa. Furthermore - DJ claims that he got activated as deputy cop after Aenur died (being "investigative" fits with Lisa's character), and investigated Eckythump (Dr Nick), finding him guilty.
- The town would probably then lynch Nic (or try to). Nic would then blow himself up (terrorist ability), taking Homer (Bloodlust) with him. The point being to solidify both my and Dj's roles as the last 2 Simpsons.
- Then we would put everything we had into lynching Dr Nick.

It would have been HILLARIOUS. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:50 am 

Quote:
Just my opinion, no disrespect to Aza intended. But as I said I probably wouldn't have included Comic Book Guy or Maggie.
That's an interesting view, but who else would be the Vigilante :P

And I said why I included "Comic book Guy", besides being a lovelable character,
Just to show to everyone, not to read into RC's all that much, don't rely on them to do the work for you.
Quote:
It's a show that has such a massive breadth of character possibilities. Using 5 of those slots to have the entire family represented would have been a waste IMO. Aza definitely made the right call there.

Yep, that was something I wanted to avoid, having 5 characters as the simpsons, in a 17 player game,
I actually toyed with the idea of having NONE, in this game.

I found it interesting that no one really kicked up a stink about no Lisa mid game.
There was a little attention, but that was all. and mostly it was to stay hdden.
If she was there, and had an ivestigative power, she could have had 3-4 night of investigating.
Quote:
Regarding the presence of "Lisa" - we (the mafia) actually had a dastardly elaborate plan in place for the last day in case things got hairy. Something like this:

- If people started getting suspicious of any of us to the point of voting (and ONLY if it started to look REALLY risky), then Nic was to reveal as Lisa.
- DJ then calls Nic out as a liar and reveals as the "real" Lisa. Furthermore - DJ claims that he got activated as deputy cop after Aenur died (being "investigative" fits with Lisa's character), and investigated Eckythump (Dr Nick), finding him guilty.
- The town would probably then lynch Nic (or try to). Nic would then blow himself up (terrorist ability), taking Homer (Bloodlust) with him. The point being to solidify both my and Dj's roles as the last 2 Simpsons.
- Then we would put everything we had into lynching Dr Nick.

It would have been HILLARIOUS. ;)
Yeah, with this plan in tow, and the situation you were in, it was going to be EXTREMELY difficult to lose.
It was well played, and well planned by the mafia.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:41 pm 

Quote:
Why?

Being tricky with which roles you include is a fantastic tool that mods use. Including some but not all of a main cast and a mix of main and minor characters is a perfect way to spice things up and make it challenging for both sides. I applaud Aza for the roles he included in this game. The trickier the better because it demands smarter play from the town.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm 

Unless u pick a character that is at the top of most mafia lists, as a survivor. Then I have problems with it :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:26 pm 

Quote:
Unless u pick a character that is at the top of most mafia lists, as a survivor. Then I have problems with it :P
But who else in "the Simpsons" is more self centered and hell bent on "surviving" than C.M. Burns ..?

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
But who else in "the Simpsons" is more self centered and hell bent on "surviving" than C.M. Burns ..?
Apoo

"Thank you, come again"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm 

Hans moleman? :P

it's all good I wasn't serious. Burns was the perfect survivor. Just sucked that he could easily have been mafia also.
Not having a go just joking around

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40