It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:37 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm 

Quote:
I must say some players havea habit of gunning for a lynch with no evidence. As an example Aza only got 3 investigation results:

1 that showed a single visitor (of whom he did not know the identity)
1 that showed noone visited his target
1 no result

then he died.

Using a critical thought process is essential in Mafia and throwing around wild accusations with no evidence only muddies the water and makes it more difficult for town.

So as you can see Aza had absolutely NO evidence against anyone he was gunning for. Players should refrain from claiming "i knew it! see i was right all along i told you so!" after a mafia game when really they had no evidence in the first place.
WOW, that's interesting. not to offend, but imho you don't need an "investgative" power to have "evidence",
I dug and dug on Russia's posts, and was certain of his guilt, not from any inestigation result i got,
but from just paying attention and "investigating" him myself.
I wrote a wall of text, which IMO made him stand out to no end, that he was guilty as sin.
I just struggled to get this accross to people.

Also, while I was putting in a couple of hours "investigating" Russia, I could CLEARLY see that wyldcarde and Khorgor were also Mafia.
Although, to push for their lynch at that time would have been chaos, It was hard enough to get people to believe that i right about, Russia
I only mentioned their names at the bottom of my final post, as i was assured the mafia would kill me, as i was onto them.

So yeah, just because your evidence isn't backed up by an "investigation" power, it doesn't mean there is no evidence on the person.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

I'm with Aza on this one. I knew Russia was guilty from very early on as well.

He obviously doesn't realize this, but he has a massive tell when he's playing as scum. ;)

And no - I'm not telling what it is. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:46 pm 

Well what can i say. First time given a real interactive role and die day 1.........With so many series of transformers plus movies and having to RC first i didn't want to risk picking an incorrect autobot and find myself lynched straight away....didn't need to worry about that... :) Was why i mentioned the ministry os science to try and make you think i wasn't anything special. Didn't work.

great game The Hat and congratulations to the Autobots turning possible defeat into victory, just like they do on nearly every episode.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I must say some players havea habit of gunning for a lynch with no evidence. As an example Aza only got 3 investigation results:

1 no result

then he died.

Using a critical thought process is essential in Mafia and throwing around wild accusations with no evidence only muddies the water and makes it more difficult for town.

So as you can see Aza had absolutely NO evidence against anyone he was gunning for. Players should refrain from claiming "i knew it! see i was right all along i told you so!" after a mafia game when really they had no evidence in the first place.
WOW, that's interesting. not to offend, but imho you don't need an "investgative" power to have "evidence",
I dug and dug on Russia's posts, and was certain of his guilt, not from any inestigation result i got,
I wrote a wall of text, which IMO made him stand out to no end, that he was guilty as sin.

Also, while I was putting in a couple of hours "investigating" Russia, I could CLEARLY see that wyldcarde and Khorgor were also Mafia.
Although, to push for their lynch at that time would have been chaos, It was hard enough to get people to believe that i right about, Russia
I only mentioned their names at the bottom of my final post, as i was assured the mafia would kill me, as i was onto them.

So yeah, just because your evidence isn't backed up by an "investigation" power, it doesn't mean there is no evidence on the person.
This is true. Sorry Aza i didn't mean to imply you didn't know what you were doing. You and Mal are right in that looking for patterns in hwat people say is a good way to catch them and i didnt mean to say that investigative evidence is the ONLY evidnece. I just didnt want poeple posting and saying "i knew it all along" when often they were way off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:06 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1 no result

then he died.

This is true. Sorry Aza i didn't mean to imply you didn't know what you were doing. You and Mal are right in that looking for patterns in hwat people say is a good way to catch them and i didnt mean to say that investigative evidence is the ONLY evidnece. I just didnt want poeple posting and saying "i knew it all along" when often they were way off.

I knew nothing really but damn what a fun ride that was

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 am 

Quote:
I'm with Aza on this one. I knew Russia was guilty from very early on as well.

He obviously doesn't realize this, but he has a massive tell when he's playing as scum. ;)

And no - I'm not telling what it is. 8)
Strange considering that this game + a single day from the star wars game are the only times I've been scum on Westgamer. Also that you've never actually seen me as town so have nothing to compare it to (2x survivor, 2x mafia) :?

By all means formulate your ideas, but making the assumption that I've got an "obvious" tell with such a limited sample size could backfire.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:27 pm 

Quiet Scum! :P :P

Any chance for a summary of the roles as handed out etc Hat? What transformations took place?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:23 pm 

Yeah sure, when I have some time

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75