[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Transformers Mafia- TOWN + JESTER VICTORY! - Page 74 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 pm 

that game was epic :) spewing i didnt get a chance to voice my opinion on the last day but bokke went with what i was going to explain anyways. Hats off to the hat for running one kick ass game :)

Gotta say greenfuji giving yourself post restrictions and siding with the autobots just like wreck-gar did was a big bucket of win dont worry bout the mafia giving you a hard time its just sour grapes is all lol.

Good job to gambit too one awesome fake rc and then keeping it in character was well that would have been one hell of a challenge. But well played anyways. Was a little worried you were going to talk bokke round before i got home but hey it all worked out anyway :)

And a big bucket of win to mal with the rhyme talking, i think every post you do one westgamer now should be in rhyme. lol imagine getting scolded on the trading forum in rhyme.

once again goodjob hat no complaints at all here

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:42 pm 

Quote:
Gotta say greenfuji giving yourself post restrictions and siding with the autobots just like wreck-gar did was a big bucket of win dont worry bout the mafia giving you a hard time its just sour grapes is all lol.
No. It's not sour grapes. I know I sound like a dick but I've got to say it for the sake of future mafia games on Westgamer. Greenfuji lost the game intentionally, this is not appropriate as it's not fair for the other players. If you aren't interested in competing in the game then why play? I would feel identically even if I hadn't participated. Acting "just like wreck-gar did" is no reason to abandon your assigned win condition. Always play for your win condition, anything else is poor form.

Like I said, it's exactly like if starscream outed all the other decepticons (or even just megatron) because he felt it was "in theme". Would people be okay with that?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:42 pm 

Quote:
siding with the autobots just like wreck-gar did was a big bucket of win dont worry bout the mafia giving you a hard time its just sour grapes is all lol
Regardless of what Wreck-Gar did in the movie Greenfuji's Win Condition was NOT to die and allow the autobots to win, It was to survive. I believe thje so called "sour grapes" are more directed at the fact that the Mafia were undone due to someone not taking their role seriously. As a mod i thought it was very disappointing. Kudos to Greenfuji for the in character tv themed posts, but i certainly don't condone his decision. I agree with Russia. It just isn't fair to the other players who are actually following their rules.

Last edited by The Hat on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:44 pm 

I should probably say that I think The Hat ran a perfect game, possibly the most enjoyable game I've played. The roles were nicely balanced, I especially liked the moderate town powers. It's really interesting to note that not a single investigative or protective role had any influence on the game whatsoever, yet the mafia still lost. This is an important message to future mods, even with no powers at all the mafia can lose so think carefully about how many powers you include.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 am 

Awesome game sucked dieing so early but so good to watch, only thing i have to add is that Jester has to be the easiest role to play. But it would be bucket loads of fun to play

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:19 am 

Quote:
Awesome game sucked dieing so early but so good to watch, only thing i have to add is that Jester has to be the easiest role to play. But it would be bucket loads of fun to play
My plan was to play it as "Wasp". He WAS an Autobot until he was WRONGLY accused by Bumblebee and effectively "lynched" according to fluff, thereby becoming Waspinator.

Therefore, I was on the Autobots side and had no intention of just "dying". That is indeed easy to do.

eg:
"Hi guys, I don't really know Transformers, I'm Megatron."
"Umm, dude, that's a Deceptacon"
"Oh bugger, that'll teach me to only check the message once and on my phone. Oh well, Doh!"
*Lynched*
*Win*

By the same token, my win condition IS to get lynched. Whilst I put up a small show of defending myself (Which should have been a HUGE hint), it's my win condition to get nailed. The only way I lose is if Mafia or a Serial Killer knocks me off. Due to having suspicion on me, I couldn't risk a Serial Killer (if one existed) taking a crack, so let you guys run down the lynch road without fighting to stay alive. Anyone who's seen how much I argue to stay alive in any other game should have been tipped to the fact that something was suss.

Only one person pointed it out - and they were ignored. Well done that one person :)

As I say, luckily the game did not end when my victory condition was acheived or it would have been one quick game.

Lesson for future games. When someone looks suss and doesn't put up at least a half-way decent show to defend themselves - be suspicious! Anyone who does not fight tooth and nail to stay alive has a reason to be lynched - don't play into their hands.

On the words of Lord Vader...."All too easy" :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:28 am 

Quote:

Only one person pointed it out - and they were ignored. Well done that one person :)
That was pretty much the story of my game. All I wanted from day two was a lynch on Russia and Wyldecarde. It all went pear shaped for me once Brooksey and Orange went haywire telling fibs and obviously had it in for me. I probably got a bit grandiose in my theory building which was not helpful in the end. It was super frustrating to be right about quite a lot of stuff going on and getting ignored and then fingered as mafia. Still I had a heap of fun and "scum" is firmly entrenched in vocabulary :P

I think mafia stuffed up taking Brooksey out after I was lynched. Awesome for sowing confusion but probably cost them a free lynch. Not sure about greenfuji. He can play how he likes I reckon, a big part of mafia is managing the relationships. The mafia lynching him was just a bit of petty payback that didn't advance their cause anyway. They could have tried to persuade him to their side again on any of the subsequent days which they elected not to do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 am 

First of all I just want to apologise for not being on very often whilst I was away, I fell way behind in what was happening and it greatly affected my contribution and choices to lynch.
Secondly, a big thankyou to the Hat for running such a fantastic game! It was really enjoyable and seemed incredibly balanced. The use of transforming was very clever and I don't feel that it affected the balance. I really loved the posting restrictions on characters which always lightened the mood in the games.
Just a quick question for the mafia. When I came out as a miller, what happened behind the scenes? Did you all think it would be too much of a risk to support Paul as the 'true' miller and that he can be lynched as a usurper anyway or what happened?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:09 am 

Quote:
It all went pear shaped for me once Brooksey and Orange went haywire telling fibs and obviously had it in for me.
Yeah sorry about that. I kid you not though, none of the quotes I used were taken out of context and it all seemed very easy to explain at the time, especially when when yourself and Adrods seemed to be so closely linked. :D

As for me getting killed though, it was perfect timing: my internet went down for 3days and I couldn't get any access to Mafia at all so the upside was that this way I wouldn't at least be modkilled. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:57 am 

I must say some players havea habit of gunning for a lynch with no evidence. As an example Aza only got 3 investigation results:

1 that showed a single visitor (of whom he did not know the identity)
1 that showed noone visited his target
1 no result

then he died.

Using a critical thought process is essential in Mafia and throwing around wild accusations with no evidence only muddies the water and makes it more difficult for town.

So as you can see Aza had absolutely NO evidence against anyone he was gunning for. Players should refrain from claiming "i knew it! see i was right all along i told you so!" after a mafia game when really they had no evidence in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:28 pm 

Oops forgot to send a big shout out to Mr Hat. Great game mate lots of twists and turns, an aggressive town and a wily mafia!

Not throw around wild accusations? That's not how I roll. Burn the witch I say!! :P

After losing the Cop night 2 and the voyeur Night 3 how should we have proceeded Mr Hat? There was no-one to gather any evidence. We were pretty much down to trying to get something to work with from voting habits/Odd RC etc. Mafia were pretty free to make up whatever they liked from Day 3 onwards as far as I can tell because town had no way of checking the truth of what they had said.

The guys who have a lot of mafia experience seems to have a pretty strict idea of the way the game should be played. Just try to remember that most of us are noobs at it and will work out the best way to play whith experience. Imagine we are the random people who sit down at a game of cards and upset all the proper gamblers by not playing in the "proper" way :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:35 pm 

Quote:
Just a quick question for the mafia. When I came out as a miller, what happened behind the scenes? Did you all think it would be too much of a risk to support Paul as the 'true' miller and that he can be lynched as a usurper anyway or what happened?
I told them from the very beginning (before RCs) not to try and defend me. Any of them. They had no qualms with my taking the risk, and I had no qualms with being my only defender. Worked better for me the first time I had to fake a rc, not so much this game :oops:

And no one knew I was a usurper, not even myself. Though they may have assumed :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 pm 

Yep dh greenfuji can play how he likes that's correct and mafia is about building relationships but first and foremost mafia us about achieving ur win condition. Otherwise what's the point?

Anyway I don't think the mafia lynching him was petty payback. The offer was made for him to win the game of he doesn't and we all lose. He made his choice and decided to lose rather than win so he was duly accomadated.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:55 pm 

Quote:
And no one knew I was a usurper, not even myself. Though they may have assumed
You did know but i had worded it differently. you knew Megatron had to be dead for you to win. That is the same as a Mafia Usurper.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:59 pm 

Oh, it is?
Oops :oops:
Nonetheless, the others didn't know that. Didn't think it wise to tell Megatron :wink:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next