[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Transformers Mafia- TOWN + JESTER VICTORY! - Page 73 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:03 pm 

Miller was a terrible decision on my part though. I'd initially planned to contest the first mason claim, then be all "oh, I didn't know there could be more than 1 mason?" because what kinda mafia contests a claim? Totes try and trick people into trusting me.
Unfortunately I got called, and decided to take the risk. Think we all saw how that worked out :oops:

Though, in hindsight, was Jetfire really that terrible a choice with all the characters in it? :P

AND TOWNIES LYING?!
Completely shattered all my beliefs and preconceptions on what it is to be town. Cue suspicion and paranoia :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:06 pm 

skyfire and I wouldnt have called you out like I did.

My character wasnt in a movie so i knew we werent playing movie tramsformer.

And I didnt think we were playing comic book either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm 

Having the posting restriction of two posts per day was hard. There was little room for small talk posts. And REALLY hard to defend myself if claims came up.

I thought I had the perfect pla. Last day.

I already claimed ODD night commuter. Making his the opposite of Russia'a I thought would lend some credibility, that and of course anyone that could have investigated me was scrap.

Aenur then was hit on night 11. I would fake going to Cybertron and I would claim Arcee as a defect as her background is questionable.

I was 90% sure bokke had the double vote and all he needed to do was sneeze a vote and it was game over.

I was also banking on Adrian working and not checking in til 2am so I could swing the voters, it was a shock to see the game day end so quickly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm 

For the record i'm sure everyone is still wondering what source the characters were from. All the characters except for 1 were from the G1 (generation 1) universe. this includes all seasons of the original 1984 animated series AND the 1986 animated movie.

the only character who was not from this setting was the Jester Waspinator. Waspinator is from the Beast Wars Transformers series and was deliberately chosen so as to add some intrigue and doubt to the RCs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:49 pm 

Great game to watch though i want to know... (asking the mafia here) how you guys managed to get three 'lucky' shots all in a row? Was it just a random guess or was it something else?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:52 pm 

Quote:
Great game to watch though i want to know... (asking the mafia here) how you guys managed to get three 'lucky' shots all in a row? Was it just a random guess or was it something else?
Random guessing influencing by hunches based on transformers lore.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:57 pm 

Let's look at Aza's last post from Day 3 (the day before the night i was struck down)
Quote:
I'll also add, when i was doing this last night.
Quote:
OK... lets play a game. I call it..
Let's Lynch RUSSIA
(And here's why, from the top)

1. - his first post revealed nothing. Just some transformers jargan.
Trying to imply his not afraid to post (as mafia may be) but not committing anything by the post

2. - His the one keeping the closest eye on Role claims, and posting them up regularly.
This is a good attempt at making him look town.
But also, who should be keeping the biggest eye on role claims, then those trying to FAKE role claim...

3 - Says "Im torn on the Paulfrank Miller thing" has no vote either way that day

4 - After more people jump at Paulfrank, russia asks for more RC's, maybe to detract attention from PF ?

5 - After the second miller claim, he points out the likely hood of it, and blows off the guilt put on Paulfrank.
Although after Bokke's RC, he jumps on the PF Vote. maybe to look innocent after seeing PF is doomed ?

6 - when he finally RC'd he felt the need to explian the background of that character... becasue its a fake RC ?

7 - asked Bloodlust for a powerclaim ? why, so he could move the lynch to someone else, and night kill BL if his power was good ?

8 - I call him out on one of the most obscure names, and he says "its wierd" to call him out on that.
After more pressure he trys to throw attention to Arcee ?

9 - Claimed to be an even night commuter, which i really don't believe for reasons stated earlier.
And since calling this a fake power claim, he has not said anything either way, yet has been online to read it...

I could be terribly wrong. And you can probably do something like this with most players.... but...
This is how I'm voting and why.

If he turns out Mafia.... I told you so :P
If he turns out town, There is a lot to go off...

I went through all of the posts from th start.
It also made some others stand out like dogs... out know what.
Those 2 players are Khorgor and Wyldcarde
They have also been quite reluctant to vote for Russia...

At a guess I'd say that Russia is mafia (well, I have said that) and also that Wyldcarde and Khorgor are his goonies.
If we hit russia and his Mafia, These 2 would be the ones i'd be looking at.

I say this, as i don't think I'll last the night...

Those names were in red when posted too, is that 3 names ... and 3 mafia....

I wish people would have paid a little more attention :P

On another note, Fantastic game, probably one of the best run.
I hope people aren't dissapointed by my own now :P

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:01 pm 

Yes Aza, that post has three mafia members in it, but you threw a lot of other names around. Your paranoia is very helpful to the mafia as even when you get things right (like in that post) there is plenty of reason to throw doubt on it. Don't get me wrong you're a great investigator but you tend to go a little hard. This will also cause you trouble when you're in the mafia as it will be hard to maintain the same level of gusto and staying quiet will look suspicious.

You certainly are a worthy adversary :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Random guessing influencing by hunches based on transformers lore.
The mafia of this game communicated a lot and also followed the plan/s all the way.

Perceptor 'had' to be something as he is such a noncombatant Autobot.

Ultra Magnus is a beast of an Autobot again had to be somehting.

Russia was right transformer lore was discussed a lot during our plans.

Did any of the Town get wind of any Framing?

The mafia would hit using x player I would block and we would frame. Sadly nothing was discussed openly about the framings or blockings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 pm 

Great game Hat.

Yes I could have gone with the deceptacons and won but I prefer the autobots. So I took it on me to try win with them. Mafia killing me also wasted one town kill so that helped. I just wanted to play in theme.

Also I had no posting restriction but wanted to play the part. It was hard thinking up quotes from tv.

Great game.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-31.975534,115.884098

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:10 pm 

Quote:
Great game Hat.

Yes I could have gone with the deceptacons and won but I prefer the autobots. So I took it on me to try win with them. Mafia killing me also wasted one town kill so that helped. I just wanted to play in theme.
In theme? This kinda wrong for several reasons. Firstly you're not even an autobot, so why should you care? More importantly your win condition should always come first, playing against your win condition is not at all in the spirit of the game.

It would be like paulfrank giving the town the names of all the other decepticons just before he was lynched because he thinks it's "in theme". Theme is just flavour, it should never change how you play the game overall.

Mafia killing you wasted nothing as by totally ignoring the role given to you by The Hat, killing you was the same killing an autobot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 pm 

It's as simple as this. You had a guaranteed way to win but you chose to lose. Like I said, not in the spirit of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:28 pm 

Woooooooo on the fone at the min but that was epic!! It got to one point that I was starting to suspect total randoms in the street of being some form of mafia :) lack of sleep I think. Awesome job hat so many obscure characters made it real interesting. Will post more later woooooooo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm 

hehehe aza you just reminded me of some midgame rage via pm from Russia. He REALLY wanted you dead!! It was fairly amusing actually.

The beauty about this game is its not what you know but what you can prove, and more importantly what you can make others believe. Before your calls drsno had it all sussed but we were able to sway the vote against him and get him lynched and somehow then avoid all suspicion about it, and then when DH who also seemed to have it pretty sussed remembered what he was going on, managed to convince him that he was wrong (about me at least) before also getting him lynched. The fact that both the masons and optimus, ie the three most proven town members in the game were agreeing with us made it easier.

But yes i dont think much more needs to be said about the survivor thing than russia has said, but was very deflating.

Though mal coming out with his bluff on the important day had me worried for a couple of seconds, before I just thought nup he couldn't have slow played it that well for this long, and if he did then he deserves the win.

But so many PMs involved, i was clearing my inbox twice a day!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Before your calls drsno had it all sussed but we were able to sway the vote against him and get him lynched
Yeah thats kinda why I hammered myself. As vanilla town my only power were my words. No one would listen though. So i thought if I flipped town they would. They didnt but we still won nah nah nah. I actually thought brookesy was mafia when he claimed cop and didnt get killed straight away. I knew he was lying about being a cop though.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next