[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Transformers Mafia- TOWN + JESTER VICTORY! - Page 72 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:23 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 170 71 72 73 74 75 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:59 pm 

YAY!! Thanks for running an awesome game Adrian, I'm off out will do a big post of thoughts later.

Got so lucky picking bokke66 ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:05 pm 

I can't believe you guys didn't call Russia on Alpha Trion.

As an observer, the instant he RC'ed it I was like..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He rolled the hard six, choosing such an obscure character. Gambled and won. Aza was the only other person who seemed to recognise it.

Alpha Trion is so random that I don't think there's even toys of him.

edit:

OH. He was in Dark Side of the Moon. lol.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:09 pm 

well well well,

i was a little disappointed the twilight came so quickly, i was hoping i could twist Bokke's vote to Sensual and win it.

when it came down to just me against Sensual, Aenur, Bokke and the stump i thought i was boned, but i figure i will try and get Aenur lynched to buy a day and kill him. if i failed i had this to say on that day read the words that began with a capital
Quote:
Che-Chooch-Cheech-Cha

greetings All autobots,

i can't believe this game is still going, i thought i was going to get some sleep, perhaps pay attention to my baby, but I am happy to continue this epic game.

the reason i have not been a strong target is probably due to my lack of power claim. early in the game, everyone that even hinted of a power got whacked, except for wheelie which would have been a silly hit as he can not vote.

as we are on the 11th night i am happy to reveal i am an odd night commuter. i attempted to hint at this earlier in the game with writing the transform noises and turning into either a rocket or a train. the mafia can not hit me tonight as i will be returning to cybertron under a Hail of angry decepticon blaster fire.

similar to the theory we had on wyldcard, i suggest lynching aenur for the reason that if he survives, case closed, if he is lynched we townies are still in the lead and i would be happy to be lynched tomorrow if i am proven wrong.

i hope you will all take my word as we must defeat the remaining Megatron croonies!!!

Lynch Aenur
Che-Chooch-Che-cha followed by the noise of a rocket, let me know if you need anything from cybertron :mrgreen:
ALL HAIL MEGATRON - autochumps!!!!
also, i am pretty sure Khorgor was lynched by counting Malignant's vote. i did not mind as it was such a poop up hill battle for me, although i would have hit Aenur instead and Bokke the next day. . . .next time

this was the best Mafia game i have seen run and here is why:
1 it was a theme of far more characters than players so the RCing was more drawn out and intense
2 Adrian avoided using the go to bots like Bumblebee, HotRod, Jazz etc
3 Adrian added the 'transform' mechanic, a little disappointed only the autobots got this

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:12 pm 

oh and tapatalk is BALLS for mafia as you need to code any font formats eg Bold colour etc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:19 pm 

I tried to tell you guys not to lynch me lol.

I said it would be your doom.

Good thing the mod let the game keep rolling. According to what I've read, in many games when someone reaches a victory condition - game ends lol.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:24 pm 

Huzzah AUTOBOTS

Excellent game The Hat. More than once i was like, "Now what on earth is he on...?" I will say that we (Orange and I) did our fair share of scheming.... Being Masons is an awesome trait as it allows you to bounce off theories and ideas to eachother knowing that you will have at least one vote always supporting you as it all rolls along.

As a quick recap of our ploys:
[]We insinuated throughout the first couple of days that we were bodyguards as a possible decoy to draw fire from Optimus;
[]We faked being a Cop to get Adrods lynched and say that Wyldecard was guilty, whilst maintaining that it was because Ultra Magnus had given his gift onto us.
[]Admittedly, I did get Disembodied Head lynched, sorry bout that. :D

Still the teams appeared very balanced and I'm surprised that the autobots pulled through to be honest. We did kind of lose our Doc, Cop and Voyeur in three days. With that said, being a Jester did seem a bit too easy. I mean say [insert dodgy name], offer no defence, refer to metagame and et voila, victory conditions met. I think it would be more interesting for the Jester if it was get lynched from x-day onwards to make it that bit harder.

So what other tricks and traps did other people have running in this game? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:31 pm 

Woo posting on my phone at the moment so will post more later, but for now woooooooooo!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:54 pm 

Quote:
I can't believe you guys didn't call Russia on Alpha Trion.

As an observer, the instant he RC'ed it I was like..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He rolled the hard six, choosing such an obscure character. Gambled and won. Aza was the only other person who seemed to recognise it.

Alpha Trion is so random that I don't think there's even toys of him.

edit:

I disagree I think alpha Trion was far more believable than say Outback. Alpha Trion was also originally going to be in the list of assigned characters. I think Russia's rc was both clever and appropriate. Outback was in 1 episode, Alpha Trion was in a whole story arc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:05 pm 

Quote:
3 Adrian added the 'transform' mechanic, a little disappointed only the autobots got this
The transforming mechanic was purely my way of tweaking game balance. No transformations occurred after day 2 and i certainly did not expect it to affect the players the way it did. I understand it made it frustrating for the Mafia not being able to plan, and worrying that people were changing roles eg. Wheelie changing from voteless to voter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:13 pm 

It was definately an awesome game but was definately the decepticons game to lose after day 3. It seemed everyone that started to get suspicious of us decepticons got promptly lynched, leaving the town completely in the dark. The turning point definately came after the disembodied head lynch. The decision to hit brooksey may have been an off one as there seemed to be enough support to get him lynched, though we will never know if that was a possibility now. If he was lynched i daresay it would have been an easy win for mafia.

And I'm a little disappointed that the survivor decided to forgo his win condition instead sacrificing himself for the town, leaving russia and I high and dry and the other decepticons painfully exposed. At the end of the day it was the right play to make but I think it may have been a bit premature as greenfuji possibly would have stayed on voting aenur anyway and as such left it at that.

But all in all an awesome game and I can't believe it ended up that close. It had everything with autobot lies getting them into a hole but then getting them back out of the hole promptly after.

As has been said the extended RC definately made it a closer game. It seems to definately be in towns favour where there are limited believable characters that can be rolecalled making mafia either double up and be lynched or have to go so obscure it stands out. While there were some hairy moments with the rolecall, the fact that adrian had so many random characters in made it so much easier for the mafia to hide and as such made the game closer.

And its tough being mafia having never played town before :P

but the game was definately a lot of fun and cant wait to play again.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 pm 

Yer the transform mechanic kept us guessing but overall didn't factor in too much. What transformations were there in the game?

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:21 pm 

Quote:
And I'm a little disappointed that the survivor decided to forgo his win condition instead sacrificing himself for the town, leaving russia and I high and dry and the other decepticons painfully exposed. At the end of the day it was the right play to make but I think it may have been a bit premature as greenfuji possibly would have stayed on voting aenur anyway and as such left it at that.
I have mixed feelings on this matter. I would be interested to know Greenfuji's reasoning. The ONLY situation i can think it would make sense for him is if he thought Malignant/Wheelie's bluffed vote was a real one. Though even then the Mafia promised to kill him if he did not cooperate meaning he would lose. I don't understand why he would choose to lose instead of win?

As a mod it feel disappointing to have someone not take their win condition seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:57 pm 

Quote:
The ONLY situation i can think it would make sense for him is if he thought Malignant/Wheelie's bluffed vote was a real one. Though even then the Mafia promised to kill him if he did not cooperate meaning he would lose. I don't understand why he would choose to lose instead of win?

As a mod it feel disappointing to have someone not take their win condition seriously.
Like you say, this still wouldn't make sense as we could still simply night-kill him. Showing loyalty to the town makes him as eligible of a target as any other town player.

I honestly don't understand Greenfuji's decision at all. The plan was perfect, my bold declaration was completely factual, we really could have won right there. As a survivor Greenfuji should have leapt at the chance to win because that's his objective. Saying something about "not being told what to do" or whatever makes no sense, we were offering him victory.

It was an extremely weird and flawed choice on Greenfuji's part that cost the mafia an otherwise excellently played game. We railed town hard, knocking out the cop, doc and voyeur 3 in a row. We had 4 out of 6 mafia left on a day we could have won. Then that happened.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm 

Quote:
You mean as the dead transformer in the ship on the moon? I didn't think that was confirmed as Alpha Trion?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm 

This game was great, cheers Mr Hat Sir :mrgreen:
Even though I did manage to get myself killed day one (oops, sorry mafia - totally not a plan) I kept following what was going on. Totally thought we had it in the bag, darn 'Fuji :P Ah well, that's what happens when you get overconfident lol
BTW, I had no idea I was a usurper. All I knew was that I couldn't win the game if Megatron was still alive (didn't share that condition with my fellow mafia, was just hoping to "accidentally" get him lynched towards the end :wink: )

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous 170 71 72 73 74 75 Next