[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Malifaux Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win! - Page 66 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:53 pm 

Holy crap that was close at the end. I was constantly amazed at how drsn0 cruised under the radar with his guilt hanging out from very early on. Having Matt and Bloodbane take him under their wing may have helped a little.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:54 pm 

Hahaha! I was so far off base the whole way along :lol:

I knew Mal was lying but had all the wrong motives and the wrong conclusions. I was 99.9% he was lying when he claimed Pandora too.

MrGTST I thought was starting to get shady in the last couple of days but my predisposition to mistrust Mal didn't let me see the truth.

Great game OSOI. The amount of no-lynch days really surprised me. Guild really needed to block vote more I thought but we took such a big hit in the first two days. Lazy mexicans weren't up to it after the Guild cream went down ;) :p

Well done to the mafiosi!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:12 pm 

Understand where you are coming from Matt, the game wasnt 100% but I was happy with how it ran, it was a tight finish that almost resulted in a 3 way win for Neverborn, Resurrectionist and Guild.

The way I laid it out was so that the Guild had the numbers and also the investigative roles but were otherwise 100% in the dark.

Arcanists/MS&U were mafia, kept quite small for this sized game

Neverborn: small faction but could manipulate the game incredibly and actually had a lot of survivibility built in plus you shared communication

Ressers: I must admit I was probably a little off here, Seamus should have just had the one save and I probably shouldnt have included the CPR Doc as it was being used effectively as a Vigilante/SK, putting that much killing power in one faction almost threw things off kilter, maybe should have chosen Nicodem/Mortimer mason paring and gone for a different power set

Outcasts: All had a variety of roles and I thought worked as intended

Noone going after the Guild hard early/mid game almost won them the game and the activated bodyguard upon Aenur's RC almost functioned like a mason confirmation of roles/alignment which was an unintended side effect ... and almost broke the game.

It was a learning experience for sure, my next game wont be like that at all.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:32 pm 

Well played all and thanks for the game, that was certainly the closest finish I have been involved in.... Dsrn0 and I had a plan that seemed to be working up until the last day where Mal came out with his view of the game ( which was surprising accurate!!! ) at which point I thought we were done for... :D

Losing Ecky first night also put us on the back foot in a big way as we lost our number 1 man in what was already a small group.... also this gave everyone a good idea on which faction were the mafia so it was a quick scramble to come up with new alias's :D

I admit I had a few people onto me early and the only defence I could see was to keep pushing at Mal publicly whilst blocking him every night phase to ensure he got no more kills... Seemed to buy us enough time to even up the score a bit more :)

Again a great game and thanks to OSOI for running it :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm 

I actually suggested we "let mal kill aenur"

But Mr GTST decided to roleblock him. Game saver :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:06 pm 

Yeah I had a funny feeling that I was the real target that night.... Can you confirm that Mal??? :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:18 pm 

I can and yes you were

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:17 pm 

That was a good game (even though i died early stupid mistake by me). And Matt thanks for 'accidently' killing me :wink: I decided to come out early as i was mafia last game and a simple tactic is see who is on at what time and if certain people are ALWAYS on at night for a bit browsing through the mafia game then hopping off, you get a good idea of who the investigators are pretty quicly through process of literal elimination (killing!) Knowing this i decided to come out early for a particular reason. Jonah had guilt over his head and a few people came knocking at his door. Now knowing it was a faction game (and remember no-one knew the guild had WAY more players at the time) I knew if we were going to win we would need to ally with another house. This is were Jonah came in. If i could confirm his onnocence then i was hoping that 1.) M house would step into line and act under my orders. I was going to give Jonah full immunity from the guild and any other ressursers once confirmed ressurs in exchange for an alliance as they were already 1 guy down so i knew if it came down to the two of us we (guild) would win. Sadly my death prevented this, great game though. I will not be so silly in future games (coming out so early).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm 

I strong manned you james just so you know thats how you died.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:52 pm 

Ahh ok i thought Matt busdrived me but anyway you played a great game Drsno and hats of to MrGST as well. You guys derserved the win.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm 

yeah it wasnt all matts fault :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 pm 

No were no those kinds of people that accuse one person... we blame it all on one house-the neverborn :P If everyone listened to the guild the mafia would have been dead by day 4 or 5.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:23 pm 

great game OSOI definitely different to any other mafia game so far was very interesting watching outside in. If only i knew enough about malifaux

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:03 pm 

HA HA !!

Well that explains why it was so hard to choose at the end. You all lied!!

Thing is Mal I was sure you where lying about being neverborn so siding with you was not an option.If you'd stayed on target at MrGTST whom I was sure was mafia I would have voted with you.

@Drsno- VERY WELL PLAYED. With me having the even night commute power & you choosing the same power we thought you where a definate Neverborn so protected you most of the game. In the end that was what made me decide to stay with you. Great choice in RC & power!

For my fist game it was lots of fun. Well done OSOI.

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
No were no those kinds of people that accuse one person... we blame it all on one house-the neverborn :P If everyone listened to the guild the mafia would have been dead by day 4 or 5.
And the guild would have won. Not an acceptable outcome. ;)

The biggest thing that frustrated me about this game was the fact that ONCE AGAIN a player from my faction left the game part way through, placing those remaining in that faction at a disadvantage. Seriously people - if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I'm now seriously considering that when I run the Marvel Superheroes game, I may not accept signups from anyone who has bailed partway out of another game unless they had a very good reason. Enough is enough.

Cheers for the great game OSOI.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67 Next