[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Malifaux Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win! - Page 65 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:25 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:10 pm 

very good I enjoyed it.

I found it fairly well balanced.

I thought we had lost it after I chose to kill massaen. But we danced on the knife edge from then on and pulled a win out of our bottoms.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:10 pm 

And in response to drsn0, congrats! Perhaps if people listened to us we wouldn't be in this situation but you did well in surviving to the end :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm 

you have no idea how many times I pm'd Mr GTST with "oh well we are *#*#* now....."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

Oh and a big thanks to Mr GTST he played his role of vote swinger and Clock stopper brilliantly!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

I was calling for your lynch for SO FREAKING LONG.

I also had it pegged that Mal was not in fact neverborn. Didn’t know WHAT he was but I knew he wasn’t neverborn, he switched sides to save his ass as he saw things going pear shaped. Also his switch evening the numbers meant he wasn’t aligned with either side, his vigilante role would guarantee he could whittle the numbers and go for a shared win, or hope to be the final 2 to get the kill. This I saw – and I knew if I could get drsn0 lynched AFTER FREAKING DAYS OF NOBODY LISTENING TO ME….. we could work out the rest in the wash.

This was a good game – made frustrating by peoples ability to see things in front of them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 pm 

Very enjoyable game, made more interesting with the first night hit on the godfather......how did you pick that one out of all the people to target.....Honestly didn't think the mafia would pull off a victory by going behind the 8 ball that early.

Thanks OSOI for running it.

@drsn0 Ahahhahaahahaha! That's awesome. Well you pulled it off in the end. Bad Juju was a great RC imho and you were quite convincing with your victory conditions.
A lot of this game came down to the attention that was on Malignant. No matter how much evidence was on drsn0, it seemed to always become sidetracked by diverting the attention back onto Malignant.

It was only your continual roleblocking of Malignant in the end that gave you guys a chance

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I basically just lied my ASS off for this entire game. OSOI was aware of my strategy. ;)

I was basically relying on people being fools in order to let me pull off either a solo or a shared Resser win (which of course was working perfectly). Ironically, it was a final act of foolishness from another player that led to it all coming unstuck. :roll:

If Bloodbane hadn't have screwed up the final vote, it most likely would have resulted in a shared Resser/Neverborn win I think.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:20 pm 

Hahaha.

I was detected as guilty, got caught red handed lieing about my role and name and called out for trying to lynch one of my own.

I cant believe how well my RC worked. I just picked a random one we tossed about googled it quickly. Read he could move around the battlefield and went. HAZZAH Bad Ju Ju the good ol commuter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:24 pm 

Quote:
It was only your continual roleblocking of Malignant in the end that gave you guys a chance

definately. we needed to control the kills. I told Mr GTST at one stage I think to not roleblock him. But he did anyway.
Smart move by him potentially winning us the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 pm 

could we get win conditions for everyone?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:26 pm 

Quote:
thank you bloodbane and matt-shadowlord for enabling my victory!!
You're welcome... not :D
For anyone who was watching, the way out of the dilemma was for the 'Neverborn' to INSIST that DrSno vote with them against MrGTST. That would be 3 votes right there, Aenur was not needed. If Drsno didn't, he would be obviously confirmed as mafia and lynched.

Instead, not forcing him to vote gave them the win. Well played, anyway.

As for Malignant, as Bloodlust can confirm I had him down as not being Neverborn and instead being a Vigilante or Serial Killer. We were in an interesting situation where we obviously didn't have enough people to win, so I decided we would gradually 'Ally' with him publicly in the thread. The back up plan was... well let's not go there :D

The main goal was if Malignant thought we'd never attack him he would then have less reason to kill us than other teams, and it could have the secondary effect of making other teams want to lynch him lol. Both worked, although it was a surprise to see him then come out pretending to actually be Neverborn.

We had some discussions about balance, and now that the 'whos who' list' is up it's fairly obvious the win conditions were appalling for the smaller teams. Outcasts look like they had it bad but if they could win with Guild it made a 10 or 11 member voting block, which meant Neverborn survived much MUCH longer than anyone had any reason to expect in a faction game and the Resurrectionists look like they were in an equally bad position. I'd really not recommend having it so unbalanced in future.

Despite that I'd say that was a very interesting game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:32 pm 

Well done mafia, only the second ever mafia win on here!
Quote:
@drsn0 Ahahhahaahahaha! That's awesome. Well you pulled it off in the end. Bad Juju was a great RC imho and you were quite convincing with your victory conditions.
A lot of this game came down to the attention that was on Malignant. No matter how much evidence was on drsn0, it seemed to always become sidetracked by diverting the attention back onto Malignant.
It's funny how often this happens--everyone just seemed to ignore the guilty result on drsno. Though I suppose factional rivalries played a part in that.

My death was pretty funny, though I was glad I got to tell someone about my result. As soon as I tracked greenfuji to me I knew I was stuffed!

I didn't mind the way the game was set out. Not all mafia games should be the same, and this one kept everyone guessing right until the end.

And remember it's just a game--someone is always going to lose.

Thanks for running it Liam.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm 

I second that - Thanks very much for running the game Liam.
Quote:
I found it fairly well balanced.
That's fine, and I am sure it's a view shared by some of the Guild members and other players. However, from a constructive criticism point of view it's well worth using this as a learning experience for future games.
For that, you would have to understand what the Neverborn's victory conditions were, so I will state them as we now know them to be:

[] You win when your team is the majority and all mafia and serial killers are dead.
[] Unlike the Mafia you do not know who those members are or how many members your team has.
[] Unlike the Ressurectionists and the Mafia your team has no ability to kill anyone. You don't know that.
[] Each day there will be a vote for who will be killed. Your team has only 3 out of the 20 players.
[] Everyone else in the game has a reason to want you dead. :wink:

So to win we needed to get people to kill 15 other players and none of ours or 16 other players and one of ours, using nothing but mafia hits and having them vote against members of their own teams. Does that help clarify the issue?
It's a miracle neverborn survived as long as they did -- especially me, dodging roll calls for as long as possible, declaring wars only to find them unwinnable and then declaring peace to see if I can make it stick, then allying with a Vig/SK as if they were on our team :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67 Next